UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

I have been doing some indoor archaeology again, digging about in the loft. I found a small suitcase full of family papers and photos, and old letters. But the most exciting thing in it was a detailed diary kept by my stepfather for the year 1951. As far as I know he did not keep any diaries after that. But it was a crucial year as he had the house and new surgery built and my sister was born in that year.

I bet they are much less explicit than today's version.

Just had message from a friend. She was driving very slowly and carefully over a bridge but hit black ice coming down the other side, skated off the road sideways and got the car stuck in a hedge. A cyclist then 5 cars came past, all stared at her scrambling out of the car and went on their way. She had forgotten her mobile and had to walk a mile home, shaken and bruised, thinks she has whiplash.

Maybe we could do with less fuss about the Nativity and more about the Good Samaritan.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

People aren't what they used to be owl. Unfortunately.

I had a blanket over the duvet for the first time last night. Coupled with fresh bedding it was extra cosy and as a result I had a good 7 hours, which is a rarity for me.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

We got some snow yesterday morning but unfortunately the rain came along later and shifted it. Grrrrr. It's nissing down right now too.

Owl I think people are more suspicious these days and see potential danger for themselves where there is none. Perhaps all those people passing your friend suspected a set-up. Still that said I agree with Alex and think people are far less inclined to behave altruistically these days.

• Like 1

Yantan, people may well be more suspicious but there is nothing to stop them calling 101 with a concern about a car which has gone in a hedge. No excuse these days for staring and driving off.

I am not sure if people are less altruistic. When I was a child in the 40s and 50s they were just as bad. Possibly worse.