UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

Jeepers but it's a cold day today. When I took Archie out I had a lot of layers on but the wind was still cutting through me. I've had the lights on since 3.15. It's never really been light today.

I have to pull the bones out of some trout fillets shortly. I know how to live me!

I am back from London. Train journey more exciting than I expected, as it was the first time I had visited the new Kings X station. Last time I was there it was a gloomy old station next to a building site. This time I arrived at what looked like Deep Space Nine. It is amazing :)

Hospice visit made me feel very sad. Auntie deteriorated very quickly since yesterday. She can hear and understand and speak a few words but is so weak, and no longer able to eat or drink. Her best friend and my cousin are staying overnight and taking turns at sitting with her. Hospice staff are great, have provided folding bed etc. Another friend comes tomorrow morning and staying all day, then my sister is taking over in the evening. If indeed auntie is still with us by then. She is not in pain but so tired and finding it hard to breathe.

So sorry to hear of your aunt's passing Owl but relieved for her and her family and friends that her suffering is over. I'll light a candle in her memory later after we've been for our walk.

I'd love to see the new Kings Cross station. It sounds fab!

I have the last work I'll get before Christmas arriving this afternoon. I am planning on blitzing it so I can send it back and keep a few days clear on the run up to the big day.

My American pal took her dogs to see Santa at the weekend - he was there just for pets - and the photos are fabulous! I shall share later when I have more time.

a bungalow has come up for bidding. just had a look round the outside. its nice, but not got the wow factor. if I get offered it ill see what the inside is like. I could see the living room is a bit bigger than mine, but the bedrooms smaller, and the kitchen is a lot smaller. if I don't get it at least ill know where I am on the bidding. the neighbour showed me theirs, they have made it nice and I could see me there

the car is going on ebay today, it was hard to drive

but I did go to my favourite butchers and got more meat than would fit in the freezer lol