UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

This blooming fibre optic internet is going to be the death of me. It keeps loosing the connection. I'm beginning to wish we hadn't swapped to it.

I got a migraine on Saturday night so spent yesterday washed out. I didn't do any work but intended to get too it bright and early this morning. Guess what woke me up at 5am? Another bleedin' migraine. I've only been up a half-hour. I still have to shower and dress and take Archie out before getting to my work. I am going to struggle this week to do everything I have to do at this rate.

I'd go with multi-surface cleaner. Toilet cleaner is pretty strong so may damage the floor, and washing up liquid can leave a sticky film.

I hope the migraine clears quickly Yantan :flowers:

Two more days of work then I'm done for this year :) Am off today, sorting out bits and pieces. In the office tomorrow and Wednesday, then off until January 5th. I didn't take much holiday during the year, so had loads to use up and we aren't allowed to carry any over to the next year any more. House things are finally moving I think. Our buyer wants to exchange this week, but that may be rather difficult as Paul is in Brazil for three weeks :unsure: Hopefully we can sort something out, as I want it over and done with, as does everyone else. I guess Paul thought it would be all sorted by now when he booked to go away, but it is a bit of a pain. Then I just need to sort out storage for all my stuff, as I'll be moving in with my parents for a few weeks until my purchase goes through.

I can see you in a pinny .... lol

I went for multi surface cleaner. the place smells of oranges now

exchange and have it done with. I cant wait to move

ill know tomorrow if ive got the bungalow, but I don't want it lol. ill see where ive come though

Edited by Jazz

Oh that will mean you'll get it then Jazz!

I hope all gets sorted for you Sophie so you can get on with life :flowers:

The works van has just been to collect what I've done. I have actually done 3 times more than the other out workers so I don't feel so bad now! Still got to crack on to get through the rest so it can all go back before Christmas and we can have the dining room back.

Archie was norty on our walk. He took off with a couple of dogs walking ahead of us with their owners and wouldn't come back. He's never not come back when called so I was annoyed with him. I hid behind a tree as I knew he was keeping an eye on me even though he was being disobedient. When he could no longer see me he came like stink and stayed with me that time. He looked quite panicky before he spotted me.

Naughty Archie! Morse was funny on our walk today - he stuck to me like glue as I had apparently very tasty haslett sausage with me. My mum kept losing track of him only to find him walking perfectly to my heal - he doesn't wander far these days as he's completely deaf, but he's not normally that close!

Norty Archie :wub:

Hope the migraine goes Marion :flowers:

Had to phone in work sick this morning, I was coughing all night, until about 5am when I remembered someone posting about Vicks vaporub and if you put it on the soles of your feet it stops you coughing. Amazingly it worked, but I still felt so poorly when my alarm went off. Have spent all day on the sofa with Walter and Jessie watching Netflix and sleeping - today I watched cool runnings and Wallace and gromit :) Speaking of Jessie, she got stuck in my Christmas tree last night and now half of the lights aren't working :mecry: It's a prelit tree and I only bought it less than 2 weeks ago. Am tempted to ring the garden centre and play dumb....

ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

since I can bid on bungalows, its not coming up as quick as it was, I mean a days difference .... that's 24 hours! that's millions of minutes!

im not bothered that everybody else in the world can see who has got the bungalow noooo im not bothered it might be me!

you have months of this till I actually move, and ive got the sleepless nights

breatthheeeeeeee

Alicia can you explain how the bidding works please? I've seen you and others talking about it lots but I can't wrap my head around it, is it that empty properties are advertised on the councils sort of ebay site? Who decided who gets it then and on what criterior?

snow, some councils advertise vacant properties on a weekly or fortnightly list. People who want them put in bids, and the house goes to the person with the most points who is furthest up the list. You are given points according to how urgent your need is for housing.

with ours we don't have points, we have bands. band 1 is the highest. I have that with medical priority

then there is the date you applyed

empty properties get advertised on their website

your allowed 3 bids, though ive not had 3 there to bid on lol

so they look at them 2 things, and like this one, it has a wetroom, so they see who needs one of them