UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

So happy for you, snow :)

Sorry you have horrible cold, Alex. Get well soon!

Welcome home, Jayne.

I am feeling a bit pleased. We went tracking a huskamute on Tues, near Stocksbridge in an area full of woods, fields, reservoirs etc. Did not hold out much hope as scent 12 days old. But we went to the place his people were parked at the time we went missing, just in case. We struck lucky, as there was no scent left where he was last sighted but he must have gone back to the parking place and headed off in another direction. Wispa got a reasonably fresh scent and set off along a wooded path with tail high. Sadly it wasn't quite fresh enough as it vanished as soon as we got on to an open sloping field. The rain had washed it off the grass. But we could tell the people that their dog had been along that path in the past few days, but probably longer ago than 48 hrs. No air scent to be picked up, Wispa sat for a long time trying to get one, so we knew he was now further than a mile or possibly 2 away.

Better than nothing, and it inspired owners and friends to get out there and poster and search some more. Result: 2 sightings :)

• Like 1

Great news Snow :partytime:

Well done Owl and Wispa :)

I am now the proud owner of 2 demented kittens. Walter and Jessie. Walter seems quite brave and is exploring my lounge. Jessie is a bit taken aback and is still in the cat carrier. However they were both running around like mental kittens at their foster mum's house, so I know that given time, she'll be mental and crazy!

• Like 1

Ha. I lost Jessie earlier, I messaged my dad to tell him and he suggested she may be cooking in the kitchen :laugh: She was behind the chair in the corner. Walter has spent most of tonight after he had explored the lounge sleeping between the radiator and the chair. He is now sitting on top of my DVD player :wub:

Jazz I hope your agony subsides.

I am feckin hacked off with Debenhams. Once my credit on the gift card is used up I won't be buying from them again because their after sales service is dreadful. I've had a nightmare trying to return some items (had to wait two weeks before they actually acknowledge that they had received them and a further week before I got my money back). The telly I ordered from Debenhams Plus and then subsequently cancelled - it took almost three weeks for me to get my money back. When you send them a message they say they will be in touch within 1 working day, which is absolute shite because it can take up to a week for them to come back to you. I'm supposed to have my alternative telly delivered today. They said I would be advised of a three hour delivery window and asked if I wanted a phone call half an hour before they got here, which I did. I've had no delivery window and when I look on the order tracking bit of their website it says the item is awaiting despatch, so it would appear they haven't even sent it :mad: I've tried ringing their customer service to find out what the feck's going on and when I press the button to go through to after sales, it just cuts you dead. I rang the sales team who advised that the customer service bit doesn't open until 10. Well why don't they have a message that tells you that rather than just cut you off? I will be ringing back at 10 and giving them a piece of my mind :mad:

Just spoken to customer service. Surprise surprise the item hasn't been despatched because the person who took the order didn't charge me the £10 delivery charge for Saturday delivery. Absolutely feckin useless barstards :mad:

Can you tell I'm a bit miffed? :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

Not surprised you are annoyed Alex, i ordered some lingerie off them once, waited in for the delivery man etc never arrived, it was only by logging into my actual debenhams account i found that they hadn't got stock to send me.... never even sent out an email! i do hope you are going to claim back the cost of staying in due to their lack of poor communication

workmen have arrived to do next doors windows so kota is having a bit of a whinge Lol, i will have a headache by the end of the day...will be interesting to see if their garage roof gets sorted...shan't hold my breath

good to hear it was a false alarm Snow

welcome home Gooster , kitten piccies please :)

Owl , I am not surprised you are feeling pleased , how many dogs have you and Wispa found now ? what an amazing team you are

Merledogs , I hate crappy customer service as well

Jazz , sorry to hear you are in pain again , does your GP have a pain management referral service ?

Sophie , moving is so stressful isn't it , I hope you get the news you want soon

I have a had a very busy week driving around Sri Lanka to various mobile projects sorting out bits for my 2015 large scale project , I am having tomorrow off !

my sinhala lessons are finally paying off as I was able to ask someone " pass me a new butterfly needle please" in word perfect Sinhala the other day , not a phrase in most guide books I grant you but a useful one

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Jazz, tell your GP you want a referral to the pain management clinic at the hospital, i was referred by my gp's years ago without having to ask. When you get to the hospital they will check you over and determine the best way forward, they could offer you tens, accupuncture, pain patches ultrasound etc, they are a lot better equipped to deal with long term pain than your GP and will have access to new drugs and pain management devices as and when they come out more readily than your gp