UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

Work is done for a whole two days :biggrin: Had a bit of a diva strop today though, as the other optom was late back from his break, so I had to take the 5 past and the 10 past appointment through. He then took ages with one patient, so I had to take the 20 past and the 25 past appointment through an hour later. I then comes hot with my second to last patient of the day and he's on his way out of the door :angry: I then said to one of the pre screeners 'is he taking the piss? He causes the clinic to run behind all afternoon and then disappears out of the door??!!' At which point the manager turned around and had a right go at me - she hadn't known the clinic had been behind all afternoon and he had worked 12 days straight. A fact that I could fire right back at her as I had done the same. I was really annoyed! Was a couple of mins late for spin, but it was great fun, we had an all request spin class, so we had Motown, rock, 90s and Elvis :biggrin: That made me feel much better :) I love the power of exercise for lifting your mood :)

Morning all :) Productive morning so far - spin class, shower, TESCO shop, washing and am now relaxing with a brew :)

I know that sometimes you can run behind with patients, but the one that annoyed me the most was him being that late back from his break that I had to take his patient. His 2 patients before his break didn't show up, so it wasn't like he was late going on his break :unsure:

Jayne I think you did right to speak up otherwise you just get shat on time after time.

Esther the stand-in DW had Archie out today and I had a proud mummy morning when she said "he's such a pleasure to take for a walk, he's SO well behaved and a real welcome relief from the other dogs I walk many of whom are badly trained". Take that Mr Postman who claimed that Archie was completely out of control. That postie is now banned from coming here and the sorting office, to their credit, are sending my parcels out with the morning post delivery even though I did say I would go to and collect them.

We've just had a terrific amount of heavy and persistent rain. I woke up this morning to find the central heating was on. It must have been really chilly when Ruby got up at 6.30am for her to switch it on. It's August for dawg's sake and yet we need the heat on!

• Like 1

Just booked and paid for our holiday :pinkie: didn't think we'd be getting one this year but I found a really real bargain mentioned it to Nick and he asked if they could come too so we're all going including Owen!! :pinkie: We're going to Jersey a place I've always wanted to visit but up to now its always seemed quite expensive we're each taking our cars so we'll be able to split up and do different things if we want, the hotel we're staying at is more like a resort than a hotel and on trip advisor I cannot find a single negative review! whoo hoooo.

I think I surprised them at work tbh. Usually I just get on and do whatever, so for me to come out and make a comment like that, I hope they realised I was tired and a bit pissed off. If they decide not to use me anymore I won't be too gutted as I just do every other Sunday there, which I do as a kids clinic usually, where I stick to my own clinic and don't worry if another optom is running behind. I like it that way, as if I am running late, it is my fault and my job to get it back on track.

How exciting about your hols Snow :biggrin:

Good boy Archie :wub:

Just got back from my second gym session of the day - going to have some lunch, then if the rain holds off, I might put the wheel back on my bike and go for a ride along the canal or bridle path :)

My nephew lives in Jersey Snow, he married a Jersey girl and they were finally able to move there to live about 3 years ago. Ruby is going there for the 2nd or 3rd time at the weekend to stay with friends of ours who live there. Take plenty of spending money as it is expensive but I am sure you will love, love, love it otherwise.

Snow, you will love Jersey, my parent go at least once a year, if you want any advice let me know and i will get my mum to PM you.

Jazz, great news about the car

Gooster, i would have gone ape if he had done that, he makes the clinic run late, gets you t take his patients and then pi**es off bang on knock off time leaving you behind dealing with patients??? not on at all

Yantan, i was very cold last night, i had to shut my bedroom window

Just took Kota for a walk and she appears to have got the idea of fetch.... she will sometimes do it and then sometimes run round in circles with the ball, today she fetched it back straight off each time.

The dog neutering saga continues, dogs trust may help, we can't pay for him at our vets without him knowing we have done it, can't get hold of the rspca and dog wardens can't/won't help. The chap is going to ask if the police will add it onto his bill and he can then pay it off bit by bit, he has managed to save up £50 towards it and has to pay his fine fortnightly out of his ESA... it is so refreshing to hear of an owner of a staffy killing himself to save his dog, the trend here is just to wash your hands of it and go buy a new pup

• Like 1

Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to it, my parents went there for their honeymoon and loved it, I've always wanted to go as I want to go to the Durrell Wildlife Park have done since I was a little girl I grew up reading "My family and other animals" by Gerald Durrell

Snow, you will love Jersey, my parent go at least once a year, if you want any advice let me know and i will get my mum to PM you.

Jazz, great news about the car

Gooster, i would have gone ape if he had done that, he makes the clinic run late, gets you t take his patients and then pi**es off bang on knock off time leaving you behind dealing with patients??? not on at all

Yantan, i was very cold last night, i had to shut my bedroom window

Just took Kota for a walk and she appears to have got the idea of fetch.... she will sometimes do it and then sometimes run round in circles with the ball, today she fetched it back straight off each time.

The dog neutering saga continues, dogs trust may help, we can't pay for him at our vets without him knowing we have done it, can't get hold of the rspca and dog wardens can't/won't help. The chap is going to ask if the police will add it onto his bill and he can then pay it off bit by bit, he has managed to save up £50 towards it and has to pay his fine fortnightly out of his ESA... it is so refreshing to hear of an owner of a staffy killing himself to save his dog, the trend here is just to wash your hands of it and go buy a new pup

Griff, could Deed not Breed help?

http://www.deednotbreed.org.uk/index.php/donations

I had thought of deed not breed Blackmagic but was unsure if they could help.... will let my mum know t pass their details on...no harm in asking i guess

Snow, you will adore the zoo, it is an absolutely fantastic place... i am not a huge fan of zoos but that place is awesome, the work they do is amazing...my mum goes there at least once a year, we were lucky enough to visit before Jambo passed away and it is something i will never forget