UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

I hate 'me people' :rolleyes:

Can't remember if I posted on Friday about one of my patients who came in for a routine sight test, no symptoms or anything, and had a whopping great big horse shoe tear and retinal detachment :unsure: Anyway, her daughter phoned up the practice today to tell us how she was getting on - apparently she had surgery on Saturday and it went well :) It's moments like these I realise how important my job is and how vital it is that I do a thorough eye test :) Thanks to her coming for a sight test when she got her letter, the tear was found and she won't go blind :)

Have now completed 7 days of my 12 day straight :) Feeling ok actually - think it helps that I am in laid back practices that don't book 5 million patients in at the same time :)

• Like 2

I got the mechanic to knock. she came out in her dressing gown and fluffy slippers lol

the council have put me in the lowest priority band and haven't decided what property I can have. they are sending an assesser out within 21 days

a consultants letter and full assessment isnt enough then?

I've been working and also managed to get Archie and Sadie out for a walk today.

What happened to summer? We've gone straight into winter here. I went to bed early last night because I was cold!

I didn't particularly like Robin Williams - at least the manic humour part of him with the rapid delivery - so I have no idea why I felt so shocked at the news of his death. There are a few of his films where he dialed it down that I did enjoy. Apparently his daughter has left Twitter after getting some abusive/upsetting tweets sent to her - one of which was a photoshopped picture of her dad's body. There are some absolute shits in this world.

Jazz keep up the good fight!

I'm not sure if I am having Evie on Friday morning as she is due to go on her holibobs and they were originally going to set off on Friday afternoon but they might go tomorrow now. She is going camping with her mummy and daddy and some of members of daddy's family. I hope they have a blast :thumbsup_still:

• Like 1

Jazz, hope you get your car sorted

we have had a mix of weather today, cold start, then hot sunshine then a bit of rain and sunshine again. I had to go and get my biopsies done today not good as i was absolutely minging from drinking last night, how i was upright and walking i do not know and i was sooooooooooooo ill this morning, got to the hospital and they announced i was in with the kids clinic so had to sit with screaming kids with an awful hangover. i am sporting a lovely big bandage on my leg as i am allergic to plasters they couldn't put a dressing on me, need my stitches out in 10 days and my mum called the gp to make the appointment, lord knows who she spoke to but they were booking me in for bank holiday monday!

Morning :)

:GroupHug: Alex, hope you get the project sorted :)

Day 9 today, the tiredness is starting to kick in now - can't wait till Monday/Tuesday when I can have a day off :) I am NEVER working 12 days straight again, and if I ever suggest it might be a good idea, tell me off! I was actually nearly in tears on the way to work this morning :(

(((HUGS))) Merledogs and Gooster, hope you both feel happier soon

Morning Jazz

we have rain too, i am going to attempt...please note i say attempt to walk dakota this morning, this could get very messy and painful..... my leg is killing me where they did my biopsy, it is in such an awkward place that it pulls on the stitches constantly, i am hoping she won't pull me too much (i can hope can't i). Did i tell you there is a produce show on at the legion i go to? well i am going to try and enter some stuff this year, according to my mate Phil.... the bars chances rest on me...no pressure then Lol, i am not very good at cooking although i get told differently, i have practiced my victoria sponge but i wasn't too happy with that although i am assured it tasted lovely and my scones were apparently great (even though they were vegan) i need to try another cake out and i will need to drop them off a couple of days early as i can't get there on the day.

Hope you managed to walk Dakota without incurring injury Griff! How long until you get the biopsy results?

Alex, you always get stressed and it always turn out to be fine..keep your thoughts pinned on the fact it's nearly the weekend, and there is a Bank Holiday coming up soon. Jayne, I hope the pay (and the holidays!) makes the work worthwhile.

Sam, I'm sure you'll get round..maybe not as quickly as you'd have liked though.

I was in a panic this morning, I thought I was having a stroke...thumping head, my lips felt all wrong and I had tingling in my left arm and leg. Luckily my OH phoned on his first break and I told him and he said "migraine, take some tablets NOW." I did and gradually it started to feel better...I don't usually get them. I was rather disturbed to read an account of the DJ Johnnie Walker's wife who had breast cancer...by her description almost identical to mine in size and Grade, and she's been told if it comes back it will be terminal. Gulp. She's had chemo and radiotherapy, so hopefully she'll be ok. I'm just crossing my fingers.

Hope the migraine doesn't come back Suzeanna - migraines can be brought on by a whole number of things. I get them if my blood sugar goes too low :unsure: :GroupHug:

Shame you aren't closer to me Griff - I would love to test your cakes :wink: Hope your leg is feeling better :flowers:

Good luck with the 5k at the weekend Sam :) Hope your knee is feeling better soon - I use tiger balm on my knees when they are hurting.

Work was ok today, pretty quiet and a few no shows :) 3 more get ups :) Am staying at mum and dad's tonight as my brother is on a late shift, they have wine in the fridge, so all is good :)