UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Welcome to your new home Murtle xx

Happy birthday Sue xx

We are back home again although we got back too late to be able to collect Baddie so he will have another night in kennels.

Owen is doing very well and came out of scbu midmorning, we were allowed to go visit him at 2.30 so I have finally had my first cwtch with my grandson :luvlove: :luvlove: they were hoping Vicky & Owen could come home tomorrow morning and we would have stayed another night to see them at home, however they told her before we left that they want a full 24 hours mother and baby ob's before she can go so its now likely to be early evening if they discharge her, and potentially another night in hospital. So we have come home, they need some space after all the events of the past 6 days so we'll go back again in a few days when they've had a chance to enjoy being home together as a family. Because of this we've agreed not to post any photos of Owen until the proud parents have had a chance to post theirs first so no photos yet I'm afraid.

Glad you got to have a cuddle with Owen :flowers:

Alan the Audi is staying for a couple of days whilst they mend Ana - apparently she has a fault with her wiring loom or something, so that is why the bulb issue is happening. They didn't mention the engine management light to me, so am assuming that is sorted, but will check before I take Alan back and collect Ana. Just been to mum and dad's to show them Alan - they were very impressed with him. He is growing on me too, but I still prefer Ana :)

Have you got catch up on your tv murtle, or online? If so you can still see it. We recorded it, I'll watch it tonight hopefully.

Snow..obviously we don't know the details of little Owen, but my grand daughter Abby spent nearly four days in the sbcu, if they hadn't done the Caesar when they did she would have died as her placenta was giving up. She's put on a pound since she's been home..not a lot, but the health visitors are pleased with her. I'm sure once they are all home, he'll thrive.

Welcome home Murtle

Gooster, hope Ana is soon mended and returned to you.... i hope they don't jet wash your soft top, the number of places i see jet washing soft tops makes me mad! i never let anyone wash our cars.... i will let my dad do it under my supervision Lol

Snow, i am so glad you got to cuddle Owen, hopefully all will be home soon

Suzeanna, good news to hear your grand daughter is putting weight on

i am really pee'd off! rant coming up! i walk the dog in a field, the field belongs to the council, the council don't cut the grass regularly so when it begins to get to 3 foot i call and get it cut.... it gets that long you can't see if there is anyone else in the field or not, anyway i requested the grass be cut and i was told it is private land and i shouldn't be there.... i didn't think it was right so i got the title deed off land registry...which cost me £3, turns out the council do own the land... i emailed a chap in charge of land at the council and he has emailed me back and said that yes the council do own the land and that if i need any help regarding the maintenance to get back in touch with him, i have emailed him back this morning checking i can walk my dog there and it is deffo not private land, when i have got confirmation of that i am having the fella at the council responsible for cutting the grass as he did the same last year saying it wasn't anything to do with the council and it was tough the grass was so long and if i was bothered as were the others then we should cut it ourselves...... the fields are massive! i am getting sick of his attitude and hopefully i will get all my confirmation that i am able to use the land and i am right that the council are responsible for it and i can make the horrible lazy s*d do something about it

Griff, councils will always do anything they can to dodge their responsibilities! Years back when we had that awful rain in June/July, we came back from holiday to find our kitchen and living room had flooded..the fields behind our houses slope down towards our back gardens, and although there is a ditch, it was silted up and the water just zoomed across it. The council said nothing to do with them, belonged to the farmer. Farmer said no, council had the ditch dug originally, and always maintained it until about ten years ago. Luckily a neighbour up the road used to be on the local council, and knew very well it was their responsibility. It was in the local paper..and that galvanised them into action. Several weeks of men in diggers, and we now have a really deep, wide ditch which keeps the water flowing. Good luck, hope you manage to get it cut.

it always used to be fine, since this bloke has taken over though an absolute nightmare... i haven't heard back from the council chap so doesn't look too promising, we will still go there regardless if they come back and say private land, and if they have turned it over to jaguar land rover to care for it won't be long before they decide to build on it... i will go all swampy though Lol, at least i have a dog who i can go protesting with now... well as long as i don't make her go near puddles Lol

I'll have a look suzeanna, I think we have something on demand where we get missed programmes.

Griff how annoying, hope you get an answer and more importantly that it is the answer you want!

I am tired. Typically having packed all fridge stuff into a bag today and feeling very clever with myself an egg broke in the bag. Didn't want the stuff anyway...there are still way too many boxes to unpack and hubbie is in Belfast today and tomorrow for work.

Hope you get something sorted with the field Griff. My mum has an ongoing battle with the council about the service strips on their close. It is the council's responsibility to maintain them as they do on the rest of the estate, but they don't bother. About 13 months ago she had meetings and they agreed it was their responsibility, came and trimmed all the hedges once, and then never came back :rolleyes:

Not heard from Audi today, so looks like Alan may be staying over the weekend. He is very mean looking. People don't let you out at all when you are driving a brand new top of the range Audi - they all must think I'm a right pretentious cow. I think Alan needs a sticker on him saying 'my other car is an older Audi!!'. I was saying to Em at the gym tonight that he has the OUT OF MY WAAAAYYYYY look about him.

Had to laugh last night at the gym, I was in the steam room with Emma when this rather large older man came in and instead of sitting on the bench seats, decided to sit on the dividing area between the benches facing away from me. Emma was sat facing where this guy was sitting and pulled this weird face, so I turned around to see what she was looking at, only to see this old dude's bum crack about half a yard away from my face :laugh: :rolleyes: :unsure: I just turned around and burst out laughing!!! Thankfully tonight there were no hairy bum cracks on display in the steam room :laugh:

Anyway, meet Alan

F8185736-F3EB-4C52-B7FD-9B139F263B4B.jpg

Vicky & Owen are home! :cheer: They have a long list of people asking to be able to visit them so I had a chat with Nick and decided that I'll wait to go back to see them until next week after all the fuss has died down however I DID get to Skype and saw Owen at home :heart:

And I can now share piccies!

038a_zps400415c8.jpg

016_zpsd798cf69.jpg

009_zpscc74c762.jpg