UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Hope cat is okay griff :GroupHug:

Amy - have sent a text :flowers:

Jayne - there are three baby horsies in the field next to where I park my car when I walk the dogs over the fields. They are getting to know me now so come up for cuddles if they are in that part of the field :wub: Littlest one especially will touch your nose with his muzzle :wub: I have bought a bag of carrots to take up this weekend and will take my camera up if I remember. I need some nice pics of the dogs anyway cos haven't taken any recently.

• Like 1

Aww, looking forward to seeing pics :wub: The only thing I would say is it might be worth trying to speak to the owner before giving them carrots - am sure they will be fine, however carrots are high in sugar, which can lead to laminitis and make them v poorly. Most horses are fine, but if they are on a diet, feeding them carrots isn't a good idea.

Baddies had his check up and all clear from the vet, he's back on his regular food and chomping happily on gravy bones so thankfully thats all sorted. No sign of Owen making an appearance yet but when he does I'll feel happier about Baddie going into kennels now that he's all healed up.

There was a huge row in the cul de sac earlier - nothing like that ever happens round here so it was a bit of a surprise, seems like 2 of the neighbors aren't getting along, the 1 neighbor has lived here over 20 years and they are lovely - a retired couple who were friendly with my mum and dad as they all moved in round about the same time, their next door neighbors are much younger - younger than us and only moved in last autumn. Not sure what set things off but at one point I honestly thought things were going to get physical. I was in my garage putting some rubbish in the corner so heard but couldn't see what was going on when it kicked off, so I nipped into the kitchen to have a nosy LOL but then I could see but not hear .... its all gone quiet now thankfully. The people who lived there before the newbies had been there about 8-10 years and always got on well with everyone in the street and were quite good friends with their next door neighbors so its hard to imagine that they were the cause of the trouble. I'm sure that one of my other neighbors will be down later to fill me in with all the gossip LOL

Snow it always beggers belief (well my belief anyway) when "new kids on the block" start trouble (if indeed it was the newbies who started it but based on the history of previous respect I think it may have been)

What about trying to get on with the neighbours and show a little respect for older folks at one and the same time? To me that's a win-win situation. We had a guy, a teacher no less, move in on our street a few years back and he went round throwing his weight about and causing no end of trouble. We were all glad when he moved. The new owner has been there for 5 or 6 years now and I wouldn't know him if I fell over him but the elderly neighbours either side of him tell me he's lovely and always happy to lend them a hand with anything they need doing.

That's a great up-date on Baddie. I am so glad he's now over the worst of his dental problem.

I have had Eve here again this morning. I am now covered in yoghurt which has attracted dog hair so all in all I look very fetching.

Suzeanne are you about? How are you feeling today?

Thats the thing Marian there are only 21 houses in the cu de sac and we're tucked away out of sight of the main road so it's very quiet and private. When they were built 30 some odd years ago almost every one who bought and moved in were over 50 or semi retired. Most stayed until they passed on or could no longer live on their own, so when mum & dad lived here everyone knew everyone, and of course I too knew everyone. It did mean though that there have been a spate of deaths here including my mum & dad, there'd been 2 before mum died and in the past 2 years since she's been gone we've lost 3 more. It used to be that the entire street go out for a meal 2 or 3 times a year and every Xmas we all go round and post cards through everyone elses door - something I have kept up since moving in myself. We all do (did) know each other and theres a good neighborhood watch as well as a couple of people who do nothing but keep an eye on whats going on lol Its almost like a little retirement village, when we moved in 2 years ago apart from the people over the road we were the youngest people here and we're in our 50's lol Now though theres 3 younger couples including the ones involved this morning. Those of us who have been here a while (and I do include myself in that as I've been coming here for 20+ years) know each other and we have ALL made efforts to get to know the new ones but they don't seem to be that interested. We keep an eye on each others house, look out for each other know when someones ill and even fetch shopping or take people to the Dr's or hospital etc. a proper community, yes that also means everyone knowing your business lol but to me that suits us and besides it can be really good fun telling something to someone and counting how long until everyone knows and getting told something completely different after its done the rounds lol

Hiya Loobs - I'm not allowed in Ikea Rob keeps losing me in there LOL

My boob is less painful but the whole thing has gone bright red. Don't know if I should be worried or not!

My daughter lives in a small square of seven stone cottages and everyone got on fine, until the lady in the first one died and a new guy moved in. He's a bully who thinks he can rule the place, two couples have gone because of him and my daughter says they won't stay there much longer. Its sad when this sort of thing happens.

I'm going to see my new grandchildren in Sunday, come hell,high water or dodgy boobs!

Moaning :tired:

Hope your chesticles are less red soon :GroupHug:

When I lived in my first house in Coventry, my next door neighbour was a lovely lady in her eighties called Kitty. She couldn't do enough for me and loved my cats and even looked after them for me whenever I went away. They were in and out of her house like it was a second home. The other side of her was a horrible weasly little man who beat his disabled wife (he was her carer so she was trapped) and had terrorised Kitty for 20 years. I had a couple of altercations with him and after that he used to throw bags of dog poo at my back door and once even snapped the aerial off my boyfriend's company Merc. One day I dared to park outside his house. He was ranting and raving that his wife was disabled and if he needed to get her to hospital he needed his car outside his own house. Well I just snapped - I don't lose my temper very often but when I do, run for cover! I screamed at him that if his wife needed to go to hospital it would be because he had battered her again and it was a public road and he couldn't tell me where to park and what a nasty man he was, how he was a bully that picked on an old woman and how everybody hated him so why didn't he just F-off. Like any bully he was weak and just cowered and ran back in his house. When I had calmed down I realised that I might just have made things worse for Kitty, but lo and behold within a few weeks his house was on the market. He actually came round to my house before he left and invited me round for a cup of tea and showed me his Orchid collection (no doubt in an effort to show me that he could be nice). We were relieved he had left but felt sorry for his new neighbours. A lovely young couple moved in after that who looked after Kitty once I moved away and she was able to live her last years in peace and quiet.

• Like 1

It's a gorgeous sunny day here :cool2: I've mowed the lawns front and back and have moved the temporary fencing which I put up to keep the dogs off the grass in winter. They have about three quarters of the lawn at their disposal now. I have fenced off the top corner where Timmy has been digging. Next door neighbour said he found some digging his side further away from the fence, so it would appear that something has been trying to dig through from his side and Timmy is trying to offer some assistance :rolleyes: I thought it odd that he'd suddenly started digging when he'd never done it before.