UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Making sense out of aunt's care situation, after a long chat with helpful social worker who has just returned to work after being off sick.. The problem has arisen through red tape complications and my aunt's inability to understand these, and her kind friend's efforts to explain everything have muddled things further as she does not understand the system either. The council is willing to continue aunt's care if she has care through one of their subcontracted agencies. So far she has been paying a different agency through the direct payments system, and if she does that then she has to cover the exact hours they do. If she goes through the council she just pays them her attendance allowance and does not have to pay more if she needs more care hours.

Sadly I think my aunt's reasoning ability is not what it used to be. I don't think she has dementia, there are just some things she can't think straight about. And she is obsessed by the idea that the council want to put her in a home where she will be killed off by neglect in order to save money.

They've had their check up - all is well so they wont induce for another 10 days, needless to say neither of them were thrilled with the news :laughingsmiley: they were off for a drive over speed bumps since last nights curry didnt work :laughingsmiley:

My mother had a sore back when she was eight months pregnant with me. The doc told her she would have it until she

had the baby so she came home,took a dose of castor oil and had a bath. I was born that night.

A friend went for a bumpy ride round the fields on a tracor to hasten her delivery.

Oh lord Sam, you aren't under house arrest or something I hope?

No but don't give any one ideas ! its an administration issue that has delayed a permit that triggers my visa renewal and without this one signature I cannot leave the country but I can stay and work normally whilst its being dealt with

Not been on for a while sorry. Having a bit of a rubbish time - not working due to health problems with my shoulder, trying to manage on practically no money whilst looking for a job that doesn't use my shoulder :( Floundering but just about holding on without going back on antidepressants

((((hugs)))) to everyone

ooh Loobie I am so so sorry to hear that, is there any thing that can be done for your shoulder ? if you need antidepressants to help you over this then please take them. You are such a wonderful kind person and my heart breaks for you as you have had such a rough time recently xxxxxx

We were moving home tomorrow. Now we are not we are moving into, I have no idea...waiting for options as we have no floor and no bathroom. Removals are booked so everything is going into storage now.

xxx

oh crap what a total and utter farce , I hope a solution is found quickly for you and your possessions

Owl I hope your Aunties situation improves

Snow , wishing Vicky a quick and safe delivery

Just had to take Baddie to the vet, he has developed a huge swelling in his mouth and there was blood around one of his teeth, he'd had his breakfast but ate it very carefully, however a little later when he went to yawn he whimpered, he wasn't at all happy to let us have a look and almost as we were watching it got bigger and bigger. I initially thought maybe he'd been stung by something but once I saw the blood around the tooth it was clear it is an abscess. He's had a fast acting injection of anti inflammatory and another injection of a dental-specifc antibiotic, I've got metacam and antibiotics for tomorrow and he's on a sloppy wet diet for the next few days (once he can appreciate that I'm sure he will be very pleased) stocked up on chicken roll, cooked ham, pate and cheese slices for the pill giving. Have provisionally booked him in for a dental on Tuesday - however if the swelling clears up before then he may not need the tooth out but whilst he's so swollen and sore she couldn't get a good enough look at it to see if theres any signs of decay or damage to it. I am hoping that it just clears up for now - with Owen overdue a dental right now wouldn't be ideal as Baddie needs to go into kennels at short notice for 2 or 3 days when Owen arrives and I wouldn't want to do that if he has just had a tooth out but obviously we'll do whatever is best for Baddie *fingers crossed* either the tooth clears up or Owen stays put for another 10 days lol

Well done Baddie for winning, and hope your mouth is soon better!

Glad your aunt's problems are sortable, Owl. (is sortable even a word?)

I'm not having a good time at the moment..on Wednesday evening my boob suddenly started hurting, a lot. Then it spread to my shoulder and my upper arm. Next came dramatic shivers, half an hour later I was so hot I think you could have fried an egg on me. I was awake from 1.30 as the pain was so bad I just couldn't get comfortable, managed to get an appointment in the morning, and was informed despite by then being freezing again, I had a temperature, and on viewing the offending article that I have an infection. Oh good. She's given two weeks worth of antibiotics and said if it was any worse, or not a lot better, by today to go to the hospital. Well, in some respects it is, I'm not going hot and cold and it's uncomfortable rather than painful, but it's really swollen and hard, almost worse than when I first had the op. I contemplated A&E, remembered all the things I've read about low staffing levels at weekends with no experienced staff, and have decided to leave it until Monday and give the doctor another visit. If they are really worried, they can get me an ambulance!

Edited by suzeanna

Healing thoughts for Baddie :wub:

suzeanna - please go to A&E. This time on a Saturday might not be as bad (it's early hours and Sunday mornings which are worst) :GroupHug:

Got to say I'm so proud of all my boys :wub: I was cuddling the baby horsies today with the dogs on lead, walked through the bullock field and right through the middle of a herd of cows and they completely ignored them (even when one of the baby horsies decided to sniff Timmy) :wub: Not bad considering some years ago Taffy and Beau would have been chasing anything anything that moved.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Hope the antibiotics sort you out Suzeanna. A raised temeprature in an adult often manifests itself as cold and

shivering.

But take care that the infection doesn't spread.

Poor Baddie with a sore mouth. I hope his antibiotics sort him out as well.

Well done to your boys, Merledogs.Doesn't it feel good when they show their best behaviour?

We have had grey, dismal mist all day until now, the sun has come out. A bit late in the day but better than nothing I suppose.

• Like 1