UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

welllllllll she has been off lead and was pretty good on the whole, considering she is 6 months and has had 2 minutes off lead since i have had her her recall was pretty good except when she found a bit of dead rabbit to roll on.... thankfully she had on her coat! i had a minor mishap on the way there, i slid down an embankment, the bl**dy council have closed off the footpath as they are doing a regeneration thing, it doesn't affect where the field is but they have blocked off the path and put a massssssive diversion in place...basically it is too far for me to walk round so i saw what others had been doing and thought i could do the same, sadly i couldn't and fell and cut my hand, scrambled up on all fours and slid down the other side of the barrier and continued to our field, will get my dad to go and chop some brambles down so we can still use the field

Hope you're okay griff :GroupHug:

Merledogs, forgot to ask how comfy is your new bed??

It's very nice and snuggly thank you. Could be doing with a bit softer one but it's much nicer than sleeping on the floor.

Oooh I love Bez! Was he behaving himself Alex?

Well he apologised when he stood on my foot (twice) :laugh:

i am O.k thanks, it is a small cut and my jeans and coat bore the brunt of things..... i didn't realise i had a big mud patch on my bum Lol, luckily i had bought one of those ems/tens machines last week so i have had that on my back all day so for now at least that bit doesn't feel so bad...tomorrow may be a different matter! i can't believe i was so stupid to be honest and i am just lucky that nobody saw me i would have died Lol

Glad your bed is o.k, sleeping on the floor is deffo no fun i think the worst place i have ever slept in my whole life was on a tiled bathroom floor... no mattress nothing, it was bi**dy freezing

Glad Dakota was a good girl :)

Glad your bed is comfy Alex - I love my bed - getting out of it in the morning is particularly unpleasant :laugh:

I appear to have gone from one extreme to the other with patients. I had one add me as a Facebook friend today :unsure: I didn't accept as I thought it was a bit stalker creepy, but at least some of my patients like me :laugh: Have booked a load more work in for April and May today. I made a bit of a balls up though and am working 9 days straight, then have 1 day off, then have another 10 days straight :rolleyes: I just keep thinking about holidays and nice things that I can buy with the money :)

Morning!!!

ooooooooo that is a bit odd Gooster, shame about you having so many days to work in a row but you are right, just think what you will be able to do with the dosh!

parents back today... house looks like a bomb site, kota pee'd on their goose down quilt so i have cleaned that and am hoping it is dry.... i don't think it will fit in the tumble drier

Feather quilts tend to dry very quickly griff - mine did when Nog peed on it once.

Just got off the phone from work having reduced them all to utter hysterics telling them about my day yesterday the highlight of which was me running - yes running! From one side of the National Assembly to the other and down to the Norwegian Church right through the middle of 200 banner waving slogan chanting protesters who were being filmed by BBC Wales - now I don't run ever - and "running" isnt probably quite the right word for it more like frantic duck waddle really, one hand on the boobs to stop them bouncing the other clutching my handbag all the while gasping for breath and sounding like a hippo haw haw hawwwing thanks to one of my clients delaying me when my car parking ticket was about to run out and leaving me with 6 mins to get back to my car before someone slapped a ticket on it, bearing in mind that I do not run ever I'd actually allowed myself 25 mins to cover that distance until I got held up! My colleagues cant believe that I ran at all and were rather disappointed I wasn't tackled to the ground by one of the dozen or so policemen who were policing the protest lol

• Like 2

LOL at Snow :laugh:

What is it with people pronouncing sixth as sicth? I am noticing it more and more and it really annoys me!

I had the grand total of 2.5 hrs sleep last night and the only coffee I have is decaff so there may be even worse waffly bollox from me than usual.

Lol, Yantan my dad got annoyed by twelth instead of twelfth

Snow, will we see you on t.v???

had our walk this am, she was a s*d so went back on her lead sharpish but did end up walking quite nicely. my back is killing me and i have to try and put the quilt cover back on my parents quilt and get it back on the bed...not looking forward to that bit so i am putting it off!i have tidied the lounge, washed the dishes and just need to clean the hob but i am enjoying my coffee with my tens on my back, might call my pharmacist later and see what drugs i can have with all my other drugs...my back keeps cracking i don't think that is right.

I think putting the quilt cover back on the duvet is the worst household job ever. Give me a stack of ironing/emptying dishwasher anyday :laugh: I wash my bedding once a week, and I am still no better at it :laugh:

Could have had a lie in this morning, I ended up waking at 7.13 (which I don't do if I'm in work - ever). Damn body clock :angry: Going to go to my local Audi dealer today and see about cars. If they can't help me, Fords of Winsford have a few Audi cabriolets in, so might trek down there to see those :)

my technique for putting the quilt cover back on...

turn the cover inside out, grab the top 2 corners of the quilt, roll a bit of the cover down onto the quilt and shake...... drop the quilt and cover, grab the bottom 2 corners and pull the cover down push the corners into the cover and shake again.. do up the bottom job done! easiest way i have found

good luck with the car hunting, my aunty is just about to start with her search... she wants another Merc

That's what I do Griff - but I have a king sized quilt and short arms :laugh:

Stockport Audi have an 08 a3 cabriolet in stock. It is a bit dearer than the others I have been looking at, but it has a 12 month warranty and roadside assistance. It is a nice colour too - kind of a steely grey :)

My duvet cover technique is to take a corner of the duvet and place it into the corner of the cover having scrunched the cover up to aid this move. Holding on to that corner of the duvet and cover from the outside I repeat on tuther corner. Then holding each corner flick the whole lot - duvet and cover - a couple of times or so until the cover reaches the bottom of the duvet and then turn around to fasten the poppers. Takes very little time and works great for me.

My method for putting on a pillow case is to take the pillow and fold in half along its length, holding it in that position I place the pillow into the case making sure its touching the bottom of the case and then let go and give a quick shake. Learned that one from my years in hotel housekeeping

I love that sort of steel grey colour for a car Jayne. I think it will be very smart on an Audi :)