UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

ive shut them out, with and without me, they just sit there

they finally went about 11

how do you put a goldfish down? poor things ill. im not doing to smash his head in, or just leave him on the side, so whats best please?

Awwww Jazz, i have no idea how you off a goldfish..... must be horrible to have to think of doing it, i would end up going to the vet and getting it gassed or something

Thanks Yantan, yep she is getting big now, weighed 10.5 kilo last week when i weighed her at the vets, will check her again tomorrow when she has her check up and hopefully we will get the all clear for her to be able to go off lead

i have hurt my bl**dy back, went to get off the sofa and when i stood up i couldn't move properly...ouch ouch ouch

Dakota is lovely Griff :wub: And look after your back :flowers:

Had a patient complain about me today and it really annoyed me. She came in to collect her glasses, but complained they pulled her eyes (she hadn't brought her old glasses to her sight test). One of the optical advisors advised her to come in with her old glasses so we could compare the change in her vision. She didn't think this was acceptable, so I was asked to speak to her. I reiterated what my colleague had said, at which point she told me she didn't like my attitude and thought I was very rude :angry: She then got her phone out whilst I was in the middle of talking to her and made a phone call, so I stopped talking. Then she went absolutely mental at me saying how she was going to complain about me and my attitude and how I was really rude :unsure: Thankfully there were plenty of other staff and one other patient who had heard how I dealt with her and all of then supported me and said I hadn't been rude. We just gave her a refund and she left. She still stormed out and said she was going to write a complaint. I just didn't get her at all!! I could have said what I was was going through my mind at the time and that would have been unprofessional and rude, but I stayed calm and polite throughout the conversation. Thankfully my gym class on a Tuesday is one that you can vent some frustration out in, so I made sure I put 110% in tonight :laugh:

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Sam I'm so so sorry :GroupHug:

Jazz I hope poor fish is now in fishy heaven :GroupHug:

Dakota :wub:

Great result for City last night. Shame I couldn't stand up and cheer stuck in the middle of the United fans. Bez from the Happy Mondays sat about five seats away down our row.

• Like 1

Gooster, try not to let her bother you.....people are just plain weird Lol! glad you got to vent your anger at gym class though

Merledogs, forgot to ask how comfy is your new bed??

i put a tens machine on my back last night and for once it actually worked, they gave me one for my knee at the hospital and it was useless so i wasn't very hopefully but it was really fab on my back.... can you over use them or can i just use it as often as i like? as i have to take stinky poopie to the vet i thought i could leave it on to make sure i get there in one piece

Oooh I love Bez! Was he behaving himself Alex?

Jayne I'm sorry you had to deal with such a knob of a customer. Some people just get their panties in such a bunch for no good reason. Makes you wonder how they deal with other people or if they are just having a bad day and taking it out on you which is no consolation I know. I once had a customer tell me that he hoped I dropped dead from cancer when I was working in a Saturday job whilst still at school. All I did was tell him "no, sorry" when he asked if we had any bread left at 5pm. My boss heard him and tore him off a strip telling him it was totally unacceptable to say such a thing to anyone much less a 15 year old girl who had done nothing wrong. Of course he just told her the same thing with the added proviso that he also hoped her death would be long and painful. I think my disallusionment with the human race started right then and there.

Excellent news Griff :comic19:

I've just had Archie out and we met a sweet little JRT and his mum. Archie was very pleased to see the Jack and wagged his tail like mad whilst they greeted one another. They then did some mad running with each other before Archie came running full pelt back to me unbidden. As the JRT's mum and I passed she said of Archie "he's just a young eh?" I told her that actually he'll be 11 in May and she was astonished at how fit he is :) Long may it last - touchwood!

• Like 2