UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Nice Alex - going from long to that short will definitely feel weird. I always feel that my neck is too cold and I have ran out of hair when I brush it :laugh:

Day off today - got to make brownies for a couple of my gym buddies ( :laugh: :rolleyes: ) who missed out on them at the weekend. Got some cleaning and ironing to do, then am going to chill for a bit on the sofa this afternoon. Might finish off this season of 24 as I only have 1 disc left :)

Morning.

Really like that cut Alex. I'm also contemplating going from long to short - but my hair is wavy and uncooperative so I'm scared of having it not long enough to tie back if its being argumentative!

I've had my (very, very overdue) eye test this morning - I still have eyes :cool2: My prescription has changed a bit, so I've ordered new glasses :)

Cut looks nice Alex. I like my hair long enough to tie back so I don't have to do much with it. Wish I was able to do pretty things with it!

Rant alert: the project manager for the work on the flat is about to see the wrong side of me. I have sat waiting him for half an hour at the flat to show him what needs doing and extra work we wanted them to do...clearly they don't need the work as he didn't bother turning up.

Have just spoken to him and his reason was that apparently the flat looked too far away for him to get to between meetings. Apparently phoning me to let me know was a step too far.

No work has happened for at least another week. Some of the work they have done needs redoing and they are atill waiting on tiles and paper that should have been ordered a month ago but wasn't.

Oh gosh murtle, do you have a contract with them? i am just thinking of penalty clauses to reduce the bill with regards your costs for your inconvenience, bl**dy disgusting that he didn't even have the courtesy to call you... there really is no excuse for that

Merleodgs, i am sure your layers will soon grow to the length you want

i have been to the vet twice today, once dex had his jabs, second time he had to have 2 enemas, poor old boy didn't do his business yesterday and got backed up... apparently his rectum has stretched due his prolonged problems and he had quite an impaction there, the vet also felt his pelvis and it was quite creaky so he has now been put on tramadol to see if that helps him..... i am not sure if conor was trying to let me know that i may not have my wee man much longer... he is 16 and a tripod and the most lovely cat ever.

We've had an anxious few hours Vicky fell over earlier this evening and landed on her bump :ohmy: they've been at the hospital getting her and Owen checked over and thankfully everything is fine *phew* but my stomach is now aching like mad as we were in the middle of tea when we got the news so I need to find some antacids now.

Going to be a hectic weekend - Nick, Vicky and Bruno are coming to stay, this will be the first time they have met Baddie more importantly the first time Bruno will meet Baddie and the first time Bruno has been here and his bestest mate and only doggy friend Nog is not around anymore. We don't really know how Bruno will react - he and Nog were such good friends Nog is the only dog Bruno has shared food bowls with and even slept together on the same bed. Bruno is fear reactive so seeing a bloody big strange dog when he's expecting to see Nog is going to take a bit of managing however whilst Nick is quite anxious about it I'm really rather chilled, of the 2 dogs Sal was the one I was most concerned about (and was proved right) whereas I think with careful introductions and going slowly slowly this weekend Bruno and Baddie will be fine. Babygate will be in place and they wont be in the same room together until we are 100% certain that Bruno feels safe - which may not even be this weekend we'll only mix them when the time is right and we'll be guided by Bruno.