UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

I will be parking my bum on a sun lounger by the pool/beach. Will do a spinning class and use the gym most days (thankfully this part of the hotel is ok, otherwise I would be moving :laugh: ). Am going to be eating pancakes and drinking milkshakes as well, so am hoping the pancake bar is ok :) I just want to relax for 2 weeks, which I am a bit concerned with if there are builders making lots of noise etc :unsure:

Yep, I have my iPhone. I will have to put it under my sunlounger though, as the battery overheated and exploded when I went to Egypt in January (and it wasn't even that warm!)

The thing that winds me up the most is that Thomson have relocated at least 2 separate travellers (one of whom is also a solo traveller)and not charged them anything extra. That has made me wonder whether the unhelpful man at Thomson has done everything he can do for me :unsure: I think I will ring them on Monday (they are closed tomorrow). Even if I get a free room upgrade, it will be better than nothing!

Marion, I read this and thought of you http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24080506 - I think the "odd" label can only be a good thing!

I've been unable to lock our back door since Fern went out at 6 this morning. Which is a bit of a bother, but at least means that while I am stuck at home I might get on with some more clearing out.

Thanks for your concerns, Fugees, but no one can do anything as I am mainly up to the posterior in other people's alligators. Doing my best to stay chilled and help them sort out their own threatening reptiles, but mainly leaving it to them. If there is anything any of you can do in the way of useful advice or practical help, I will definitely ask.

Owl I do hope you have some support or at the very least some Owl time for you

Jayne , if its not heavy construction work ( i.e diggers , piling , concrete pouring etc ) and its limited to hand tools / power tools hopefully the sounds will not be to bad.

I am still in the UK , I have just had a fantastic week at the Dogs Trust on a training course which was awesome but I really want to go home now. Tomorrow I may get a update on the issue that requires me to stay here , fingers crossed that will give me a better idea so I can start looking at flights

Marion, I read this and thought of you http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24080506 - I think the "odd" label can only be a good thing!

I have been to the Pencil Museum and Portmerion and enjoyed them both very much :)

I've been to the lawn mower museum and quite fancy both the pencil museum and the space museum!

Hope that everything is sorted out tomorrow Sam. Will Noah be going back with you?

Phebe, hope that you can start avoiding the alligators and that life calms down soon :GroupHug:

I've been unable to lock our back door since Fern went out at 6 this morning. Which is a bit of a bother, but at least means that while I am stuck at home I might get on with some more clearing out.

Ruby and her team made the world's longest pencil! I have photos of it's construction. My niece, then aged about 7, was fascinated with it and Ruby took her along to help on several occasions:

emma2.jpg

Well done Ruby and her team, that's a remarkable achievement, especially in those not so brilliant working conditions!

Basically they had to make it inside a shipping container as it was the only space they had that was long enough to house it. However there are also various protocols, due to environmental legislation, to maintain whilst using the constituent parts which were more easily controlled in the container.

The wood casing had to be of one continuous length to get into The Guinness Book Of Records and it took Ruby a while to find a tree that could be fashioned into the finished article.