UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Oh Owl I am so sorry about your aunt :GroupHug:

I'm also sorry to hear that Sybil is having to be retired. I hope a new motor is soon found to get you mobile again. I am only running my Volvo until it's due its next MOT (or sooner if anything goes wrong) It's automatic and as I intend downsizing to a much smaller car I doubt I will find anything other than a manual.

Alex that's a sod having to cancel your week's holiday :GroupHug:

Jayne I may have neglected to mention Ted on here but he has been on my positive thoughts list since he went in and I think about him every day. I'm really hoping he will get to come home very, very soon :GroupHug:

That's amazing that your Jag is still able to run Griff :)

Whizzie it sounds like you are having a lovely relaxing time at WagTails :)

I'm hoping the builders will get finished this week. The ceiling still needs plastering and the walls are to tank and then plaster. It doesn't matter how often I take a duster to things everything ends up covered by a fine dust in a very short time :rolleyes_anim: Archie is very unsettled by the works and is not a happy pup at the moment.

I hope I haven't missed mentioning anyone - if I have it's not intentional!

A bird spent the night in our house! Early this morning I heard a chirping which seemed close but couldn't find anything, then came back from early walk to find a young greenfinch sitting on the curtain rail. We had the door open until quite late, so it must have flown in and roosted.

Thanks for your kind words about my aunt. I have suggested that she asks the hospital to arrange for a MacMillan nurse, but she tends to avoid asking for help or bothering anyone. I might just have a word with MacMillan people myself.

Sorry to hear the news about your aunt Owl, the good part..if there is one..is that she is in no pain, and hopefully they can keep it that way. Bad luck about your car, but hopefully the one you are seeing will prove to be a more reliable bet.

Alex..I can't help feeling that if work can't do without someone for a week, their personnel department needs to look at how many people they need to be employing. It's been proven that people need a break! If you had an accident tomorrow and say broke your arm, or leg, they would have to manage, wouldn't they?

I made a mistake yesterday of trying to dig out a day lily. I think its roots are somewhere in Australia, I had to give up. Now my dodgy knee is complaining loudly :confused:

• Like 1

Owl, i would deffo have a word with macmillan, they are brilliant and took excellent care of both my nans, lovely charming ladies! plus they are the people in the know with regards benefits etc, i *think* if you have cancer and are on chemo you can get a reduced rate heating (not positive about being on chemo or if the reduced rate is still available) the nurses think of so many things that never even cross your mind. good news about the prospective car.... lets hope it turns out to be just what you need

Suzeanna, take a rest and i am off to google day lily!

I hope you are now taking it easy Suzeanna :flowers:

The sitting room is starting to take better shape. The ceiling has had the plaster board fitted too.

20130618_122906.jpg

Archie is happy because the builders have left for the day (this layer of mortar has to dry before they can do anything more) and he has his sheepskin out in the garden with his dish of water. It's a glorious day and he's just pleased to be out to relax in the warmth.

oooooooo i say, that is taking shape nicely!!! i agree it is a beautiful day, thank goodness i applied a spray tan on my legs at the weekend.... not as nice a colour as my last one but better than white legs Lol

my asda delivery came, the slot was booked for 1-3, got a phonecall at 11.45... could he come early....like 12.15, so being in a good mood i said yes Lol i have all manner of healthy things to eat as per the instructions from my gp, i am going to attempt asparagus one day this week, never tried it before... also purchased a bottle of baileys orange truffle for my mum and dad

Owl - sorry to hear about your aunt, and that Sybil is not fixable :GroupHug:

That's looking good Yantan.

Where is this fabulous day you talk about? Grey and overcast here :( I did take the dogs to their favourite park for a proper run this morning which they loved - I need to get up early to fit it in before work, so we don't normally go there, but they had so much fun I'm going to try to fit it in more regularly.

Sorry to hear about your aunt Owl :GroupHug:

Your house is looking good Marion :)

It is cloudy here, but very warm. The sun comes out occasionally making it even warmer :) Have just cleaned my car - not an easy task when your car is massive and you are only 5'3. Even with a step, I couldn't reach to do the roof :laugh: Just about to take the dogs out, then got my 2 gym classes tonight :)

So sorry about your aunt Owl. Hope you get another car soon

It's coming together well Marion. Hope they finish it quickly for you so Archibald can get his bits and bobs and routine back in order

Jazz have you had any news about the house?

Griff I'm amazed your jag started up. Sounding good

Hope Ted has had his catheter removed and is getting ever better

Ouch Suzeanna I have problems pulling up little trees that root in our garden. Maybe there is a lady the other end pulling for all she's worth

Well kitchen fitter advised Martyn he would come back this Saturday coming and I've made damn sure he will be by contacting the installations dept of Homebase. I now have a time of between 9 and 10 to turn up and job will take 4 hours. He will try to get here for 9 as he now realises I have to go see my dad. It doesn't matter whether I'm sat on my bottom doing nothing all day. Kitchen was fitted 3 weeks ago and should have been done at the time. I pointed out we've paid for it, it's a legal requirement and should have been fitted immediately he did the job. Homebase installations made the mistake of telling me he said he is coming round this Saturday to which I said I'm making sure he is, I want a time as we are sick of re-arranging our lives around him. Homebase have been wonderful and I can't fault them but I'm not putting up with being messed around. We can't start work on the tiling and I have a whole heap of carp in my living room from the understairs cupboard cos he reckons he's putting it in there. I'm in no mood to be messed with today. Does anyone have any complaints they need addressing cos I'm your woman lol

I had a workshop today where we were collating information. One of the architects has sent out her information, however, it looks like she was in a different meeting to me! This is a shame as they are meant To be defining the solution for it!

Great news on the Jag Griff :-) x

We don't have the sun Sophie, some one has stolen it and the sky is crying now.

Picking up Daewoo tomorrow afternoon. Not automatic but nice hydraulic clutch which should not be too hard on ankle, power steering, handles easily, spacious inside.

Sybil just made it back from the scoobyclinic to local garage who need her for parts for another one. Some coughing and spluttering and a few kangaroo jumps.

Jacobean.... you sound like a lady not to be messed with.... i hope the bloke turns up or i wouldn't want to be him Lol

Gooster, when i used to have to do stuff on the roofs of the discos range rovers and defenders i used to open the door, take my shoes off and stand on the seats..... if you use a wet but not sopping sponge it shouldn't drip into the car.... thats how i do the roof on bmws too, or if you can cadge a jet wash for an hour but careful about the distance you stand as sometimes the seals like to leak!

fabulous news about the car Owl and very glad to hear Sybil limped into the garage for her final journey

Sophie, there is nothing better than a nice walk with your dogs and as for the weather... well it was scorchio but now it looks like it is going to chuck it down...boo!!!