UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

On a lighter note - I did a Murtle last night (desperately hoping I remember who it was correctly!!)

I went to a Belly Dancing Class!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very small group, very friendly people and thoroughly enjoyed myself BUT guess which part aches today??

Wrong!!!

My ARMS!

The others were doing graceful, sultry tempress arm movements and I think I probably looked more like a windmill in a gale

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

I didn't mean to start a debate on the hacking to death :rolleyes: I was talking in anger so emotions were running high.

OK understood. So were mine. I had just seen posts attacking a 20 yr old friend of mine on Facebook because she dared make a few moderate comments in the middle of a storm of hatred. I got a bit upset and am ashamed because I didn't join in to defend her yesterday, needed to cool down. The worst thing is that the person stirring hatred is someone I know and get on quite well with face to face. A few more moderate voices are surfacing today which is hopeful.

No one has been back to me about my mum. Need to chase up social services again today. If nothing is done I will have to remove mum myself and hire a different agency which i dont' want to do because she is used to her carers.

oh sorry to hear that Lil Angel but i am glad you had the sense to get a decent survey done... you quite often read of people not bothering and just getting the basics done and then ending up with huge bills (by the way i saw louis in his DNB t-shirt on facebook.... fab!!)

if people keep taking up belly dancing on here we will have to start a hareem!!!!

Suzeanna, we have rain too and my new gate has arrived which needs staining.

i am very pleased with my new gate.. cost me £55 inc delivery and is solid and chunky, i got fed up of asking my dad to make a new gate or ask his mate to make one.... so my gate arrives and it is heavy, my dad then turns round and says " i suppose i could have asked Dek to make one"!!! i have been asking for 2 years. called the glaziers as they didn't come after the mix up with the leading and hopefully they will be here today or tomorrow

You did the right thing Lil Angel...having said that, if they give you an idea of costs to repair, could you put in a lower offer? Or would it just be far too much work to make it viable? When I sold my mother's cottage, the surveyor said the only thing holding up the roof beams was the woodworm holding hands...the people who wanted to buy it dropped their offer by £3000 and we accepted that as we wanted a quick move. So far as I know they are still living there, 25 years later.

I am still struggling to stay awake. I hate the fact that standard over the counter medication knocks me for 6. For goodness sake all I did was take a couple of night nurse last night. I would happily curl up under the desk and sleep for the afternoon!

Yantan, I am con fizzled about your picture!

Who else wants to join the Bellydance harem?!

xxx

They don't do belly dancing at my gym, otherwise I may have given it a go. They do Burlesque though, but only on a Saturday morning when I am working. Apparently the tutor is quite large, but can do some amazing things with a chair :unsure:

LOL @ woodworm holding hands, though it can't have been funny at the time.

Hospital social worker finally got everyone talking to each other. Agency service resumes Tues morning, and I will collect mum on Mon eve.

• Like 2