UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Great news about your aunt Owl, i hope your mum continues to improve and shocking about the hospital notes.... i bought a copy of mine and i was shocked at some of the stuff i found out.

Merledogs, sorry to hear about your friends hubby but i agree better to go quick than linger. hope you can decide whats going where in your garden

Jazz, good luck with the viewing and i hope it works out this time

we have lovely sun, tried out my new garden furniture and been out in the convertible.... still love that car!!!

Good luck Jazz :flowers:

Been gardening. Back done in. Realised that I've got waaaaayyyyyy too many plants in tubs so I need to get some of them in the ground. Maybe I should just stop flippin' buying them :rolleyes:

RMF : I am really grateful for the support I've had on here over the years. There is nowhere else where I would pour my heart out/have a whinge/laugh. There is so much going on in my head sometimes that I would love to share more of it on here but I'm always conscious that this is a public forum and hence a wider audience. Love you all though, so thank you :flowers:

• Like 1

That's luffley Alex :) I say far more here than I would ever think of revealing on FB but don't go mad as, like you, I am aware that this place isn't entirely private. There is a very supportive crew here and although there are no longer the numbers posting in many ways that's a plus. IYKWIM?

Archie got back at 5.30. After a long walk they stopped off by the river near Grange where The Archibald had a fabulous time cavorting in the beck whilst the hoomans had their bait. He's taken himself up to bed now.

• Like 1

Evernink. Have been to see Dad in his new home. It's far better than the last one and he's settling in there. He is getting kitted out with Sky, broadband and a phone as he thinks it will be a long time if ever that he gets to move into the rehabilitation centre. Staff are lovely there and it made a change hearing lots of chattering in the background from the inmates as well as staff.

Glad your aunt is back home Owl. We've encountered similar things countless times with my dad's care. When he had his first move after his operation the ward didn't know he couldn't move his arms and legs and were just leaving food and drink infront of him. He could barely move anything at that stage. It doesn't bear thinking what patients without family endure.

Sorry about your friend Alex. Horrible shock for his family

Michelle that's excellent news about your dad's new place :)

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was a glorious day, almost summer like. Today it's grey and wet :(

I'm watching the London marathon. There's a 72 year old lady running for the first time, she looks 20 years younger. Good luck to her. I do hope every one there stays safe.

I went to B&Q to get some turf for the slope outside my office window which has just been revamped. Also wanted to look at trellis for on top of the back garden fence and a pot for my money plant which is growing fast. Sorted the turf and pot, trellis - nothing cheap and inspiring and it is not vital so left that and was looking at some rather large pot-bound bamboos which were reduced to 2 @ £20 from £29.99 and 1 @ (I think) £30 from £39.99. My friend works there and saw me looking - bamboo is one of the few things I can grow and I said to him I was wondering about one of them for the area at the bottom of the garden where there are 4 huge ones and a tiny one and a gap.............. he asked the supervisor who said if I bought all of them I could have them for £10 each!!!!! As she marked them down she realised that they were not all the same price but still honoured it - so there are now 3 large bamboos waiting to be planted when the rain eases off a bit! Not quite sure where the "spare" 2 will go but the garden is very long so probably somewhere down the side fence.

• Like 1

Glad your dad is in a suitable place, Michelle.

Auntie is back in hospital and her carer came in to find her slurring her speech, which is usually very clear. Will know more tomorrow when my sister is visiting.

We have spent a 3rd day tracking a norty little jackie who has been on the run for 2 weeks. There was a sighting yesterday morning right in the area that Wispa told us she was frequenting. But she seems to be on the move very early then lies low for rest of day. At least we have proved that she is up and running and not stuck down a hole. Her people are working very hard and doing all the right things so we hope they will get her home soon.