UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

It's rather warm here too Griff although the skies are somewhat grey. The weather is all over the place these days isn't it. You never know what to put on.

We are having home made oven chips (they are lush) with scampi and salad for tea. It will be ready shortly. Num num num.

I see the Americans have already traced and shot one of the Boston bombers...if that had been over here, no doubt his solicitor would already have been preparing the way to get him released in case they breached his human rights!

I thought it was meant to be getting warmer, I'm freezing..but then that could just be me. I do seem to struggle to keep warm.

Hello all , Mark and I are travelling again in the morning onto Melbourne for a holiday for 2 weeks then its back to Dogstar for 6 months of volunteers and clinics

we have had 1 holiday together in the 7 years we have been running Dogstar and that was staying with one of our volunteer vets ! so we are rather excited , I know people think its odd we are living her and having a holiday in Australia but its not a holiday here ( honest ) actually we are doing some Dogstar meet and greats in Melbourne as well but its nearly all Holiday other than that

in true Squirrel style I have failed to keep up this week but pleased to read you MIL is much improved Snow and sad to read you might lose your car Jazz

Sam you have both given so much to Dogstar that your holiday is certainly well deserved. Hope you both have a great time. :pinkie: The next six months will be work, work and more work while you are running clinics, fund raising etc. I can't think of any couple that I admire more than you and Mark.

Have a nice holibob sam :flowers:

First glass of wine has been drunk.

RMF : I have my six month appraisal on Monday and I found out today that my boss will be doing 360 feedback and speaking to other people that I've worked with within the business. Wibble. I hate appraisals anyway.

Merledogs, you will be fine... don't let it spoil weekend and can you drink a glass of wine for me please?

Sam, have a smashing holiday.... you have had a manic few months and you both deserve a break

mmmmmmm home made oven chips....lush!

• Like 1

Now listen here Alex. Your work colleagues are well chuffed with you and you will breeze through your appraisal. Have a good weekend

So pleased your mil is now more mobile Snow. She must be so relieved.

Fence and gate need replacing. Fencing smashed to bits in places. Have found a chap to do it.

Oven chips sound lovely.

Have a fab holiday Sam.

• Like 1

Beautiful evening for flyball, first time we have "done" evenings since last autumn and only apart from Brenda (who owns the field we use) and me (and my boys are being silly so they have the pre practise and post practise run arounds but not actual practise) only one person turned up!!!! So Brenda's dog and his had a good session.

Unfortunately it was so warm with all the running that China decided the best way to cool off was to jump into the horse trough - or rather the concrete square where the horse buckets sit - resulting in a boxer white as far down as her armpits and then thick black slime which absolutely stinks. Thanks China - who then managed to rub it onto the others in the car on the way home.

All the beasts are good with birds in the garden (just as well as they share it with the chickens) but birds on the beach are intruders and have to be chased.

Glad your MIL is feeling better Snow :)

Your appraisal will go fine Alex :flowers:

Have a great holiday Sam :)

Glad you had a good flyball session - I really miss my flyball :(

Had a lesson on Blue tonight - first lesson without a coat on this year. He decided a pole on the floor was mega scary and nearly had me off with his mega spook. I managed to get my balance though - my instructor was well impressed :laugh:

Moaning :tired:

Ton of stuff to do this weekend - I'm so far behind in my garden I don't know where to start. Mainly due to the late start we've had to Spring but also down to "where the hell do I start?!".

I also need to give the living room a good clear out.

Saw a flock of fieldfares heading north through Worksop a week ago, and the first swallows arriving near Ashbourne yesterday.

Aunt is home and doing well, mum is still in Worksop hospital, declared medically fit for discharge but needs physio and social care assessment. On Thursday I was surprised to find her on bed rest with cot sides up so she couldn't get out. She had been sitting up in armchair during the day and walking regularly with supervision on zimmer at Doncaster. None of this was on notes which came with her so Worksop staff assumed she couldn't walk and kept her in bed to await physio assessment. I assured them she needed to be out of bed and asked for assessment to be done asap. She was getting stressed as she wanted to sit in the chair and wasn't allowed. Also omitted from notes was the fact that her hearing aid needs to be put in. No wonder she wasn't communicating with nurses, she could barely hear them.

Beautiful sunny day here. I've walked the dogs and then been to B&Q to buy a gazillion more bags of compost. I really must get stuck into the garden today, but I can't decide what's going where :rolleyes:

My dog walking friend was out for the first time in a couple of weeks today. She lost her husband to a massive heart attack so it's the first time I have seen her since I found out. He was playing with his grandson, then went to the loo and my friend heard him fall against the door. He was gone almost instantaneously. He had a degenerative neurological medical condition, so in a way it was a relief for him to go that way because the condition he had would have killed him slowly and very painfully. RIP Ed :(