UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Glad the bill wasn't too bad Yantan

oooooooo that does sound bargainiferous Gooster....... you deserve a treat! if i missed your birthday... happy belated birthday!

the dogs were barking this AM and i thought nothing of it as it was early i assumed they could hear other dogs going up to the field.... just been outside the back fence onto our private driveway (shared with a neighbour) and there are foot prints in the snow, tyre tracks and fag butt..... all on my part of the drive, there is only me here... i know it isn't my neighbour as the footprints are too big and she doesn't smoke, very odd.

OH has this week off and today we went out for lunch at a pub called The Nettle at Ashover, about three miles from us. We drove through the next village up..higher than we are..then luckily found ourselves following a tractor and several other cars down what had become a single track road with drifts higher than the car! Very picturesque, shame I didn't have a camera. Lovely lunch as usual, but we took the landlord's advice and didn't try to take the same road home as if someone had been coming the other way we would both have been well and truly stuck.

Hope your hurty bits soon recover and glad your car bill wasn't that horrific Yantan.

Be careful Griff..lots of dogs being stolen recently, not to mention burglaries!

Snow, I took HRT from being perimenopausal to coming out the other side, and had no symptoms at all, thank heavens. Unfortunately my chemo tablets have a weird affect on me so I now do suffer from being red hot or frozen...you can't win.

How bizarre Griff :unsure:

It was my birthday on Saturday, not a special one though :)

Glad you had a nice lunch Suzeanna :)

Just taken Charlie for his followup appointment. Vet was really pleased with his progress and doesn't need to see him again :biggrin: He is going to stay on the vivitonin though, as it helps their all round wellbeing as they age, as well as helping to prevent further attacks :)

• Like 2

well in that case HAPPY BIRTHDAY hope you had a lovely day

oh gosh i didn't even think about the dogs!!! they are never left alone in the garden anyway and the gate is very secure, i think perhaps i will give my neighbour a call and ask her to keep her eyes open... although it may worry her as she had a break in last year, i am in the house virtually all the time too and if i'm not somebody else is but i will ensure the gate is kept locked

Bud was on Vivitonin after his vestibular syndrome episode and never had another one.

Bit chilly on the beach this lunchtime, but we had it to ourselves most of the time .... apologies for the yappy brat!!! (who was it said dogs with heart murmurs should be restricted and deaf dogs should not be let off lead???) [sure it was easier when Photobucket put a little border round videos so you knew to press them to play]

th_DSCF1471_zpsaddc835f.jpg

Edited by buddyboy

Fabulous video Buddyboy. It sounds like the wind was howling across the beach though!

Glad that the vet is pleased with Charlie Gooster. I think I'll say yes to the vets suggestion of Vivitonin for Rosie.

Edited by Karen

Lovely to see them on the beach.

Glad the dogs with vestibular are improving.

I have been a bit out of it as I suddenly got a combination of swollen glands on one side of neck and a horrible itchy rash all over. Normally I avoid doctors whenever possible, but feared it might be something horribly infectious which could harm others. I managed to get seen at the end of surgery and kept separate until the doctor had ascertained I have some kind of allergic reaction. He thinks the glands may be part of the same thing but asked me to have blood tests done tomorrow. But he doesn't think there is much to worry about, as I don't have a temperature, or indeed any other symptoms. I have Piriton but the rash started to improve before I even took it.

My mum's surgery called me this morning and asked me to get a script picked up, as they had received a letter from the hospital which discharged her on 6th March, which said she had a water infection which needed treating. The hospital claimed they had done the test on 21st of March, and that mum had been admitted to hospital on the morning of that day. As I knew mum had not been in the hospital after the 6th I asked the surgery to find out what was going on, in case there was a mixup with another patient. The surgery were excellent, they finally got to the bottom of this nonsense. The test had been done at the start of March, but due to a backlog of paperwork the results had not been processed until 20 days later. Luckily mum's carers noticed the infection, we got a script and she quickly recovered. GPs secretary was furious and has made the hospital log a critical incident report, quite right considering they seem to have lied about the date to cover their mistake. It's alarming!

oh my god Owl, that is absolutely disgusting! o.k everyone can make a mistake but to lie to cover their backs...appalling! i had left hospital by the time they got the results of my test but my consultant was on the phone to my gp 3 days later, water infections can be really dangerous in elderly people can't they? i hope your glands go down soon and your blood tests come back clear.

diez has had the squits again..... will stop giving her the wainwrights dog food and pop her back on a bland diet...... i just hope the new food sorts her out when it arrives

Hope you are feeling better soon Owl :flowers:

Hope Diez's tummy is better with the new food. We had terrible problems with Ted's tummy - in the end the only food he can tolerate is raw tripe :rolleyes:

Thank you for the birthday wishes, I did have a lovely unexpected day off due to snow. I also won the first poker game of our yearly league, so had a good day :)