UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Congratulations on the Bronze award :)

Sun shining here today & continuing the thaw during daytime though it's very icy every night. I am steadily getting better, glands have come down still more and I now have full movement in neck, but still feel exhausted. Must have a tidy up, an old friend is coming this afternoon and staying over night. Wispa will be pleased as this lady is one of her favourites.

A few narrow roads here are still blocked and some have a way through but are only in effect single track, so we are still taking detours.

Now I feel better I have had a clearer think about what the hospital did with mum's results, and I am seriously angry. It is bad enough that due to their incompetence she was sent home with an active infection, but to try covering their mistake up by falsifying her admission date is unbelievable. I will check after Easter with the GP surgery and see how their complaint is progressing. If it is not progressing I will be at the hospital in person.

well done!

ive had an upgrade.

first bill, instead of £9 is £20.99!

lady who I couldnt understand, says it was a thank you text I sent. a what? dont think so!

so she says something about sending me a text but ignore it ..

it comes through saying its now a sim only tarrif

WTF!!!!!

ill ring again today ...

if anyone has a spare 10 minutes can you look at our new online shop and tell me if you find any bits not working or acting odd, its not finished yet but I did a bit last night and I think it working ( ish ) I have more items to add on including our very soon to be delivered car stickers which I am very excited about

https://dogstarfoundation.myshopify.com

The car sticker is the same as my signature by the way :)

It's working fine for me and will sponsor a spay when I next have the £12.00 needed. I think my husband is growing tired of hearing me tell him of the wonderful work you are doing.

• Like 1

Forgot to say griff, you can pay quite a lot for a small plant, but I use mailordertrees.co.uk where you can buy a 10L plant for the same price as a 3L elsewhere. You will pay a tenner for postage on top so factor that in.

I can't get this link to work. It says that the domain may have been overused.

it was fine for me too yesterday Merledogs..... perhaps they have taken it offline for the easter break??

Jazz, i hope you get your phone sorted out, sounds similar to the saga we had with BT, why is nothing ever straight forward?

Congrats on your award Murtle

glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Owl and totally agree...stick a rocket up the hospitals a*se.... it is not good enough!

diez had the most awful gurgly tummy this morning, why does she do this stuff when my vet isn't around? going to get her some live goats yoghurt hopefully today and see if that helps things

Well done Murtle!

I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery Owl. Don't go overdoing it though! I hope you have a lovely catch-up with your friend and I don't blame you for being angry at the hospital. This sort of stuff has to stop and I am glad you are going to make sure its taken further.

It was a lovely morning when I first got up but the skies are darkening. I hate Easter as the town gets crowded to bursting point and we don't get the nicest people visiting. There are usually lots of yobs who arrive & just sit in the pubs all over the weekend and then come out being loud and raucous and looking for trouble :( And cars! Cars everywhere, clogging up the roads and parking in the stupidest of places. Oh to live on my own private island!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the Bronze award :)

Sun shining here today & continuing the thaw during daytime though it's very icy every night. I am steadily getting better, glands have come down still more and I now have full movement in neck, but still feel exhausted. Must have a tidy up, an old friend is coming this afternoon and staying over night. Wispa will be pleased as this lady is one of her favourites.

A few narrow roads here are still blocked and some have a way through but are only in effect single track, so we are still taking detours.

Now I feel better I have had a clearer think about what the hospital did with mum's results, and I am seriously angry. It is bad enough that due to their incompetence she was sent home with an active infection, but to try covering their mistake up by falsifying her admission date is unbelievable. I will check after Easter with the GP surgery and see how their complaint is progressing. If it is not progressing I will be at the hospital in person.

I think you have every right to be angry and they need to be brought to account for this , does your local MP have a surgery ?

How is your Mum now ? and are you getting the support you need for you both ?

It's working fine for me and will sponsor a spay when I next have the £12.00 needed. I think my husband is growing tired of hearing me tell him of the wonderful work you are doing.

Thank you so much

As a thank you for all the lovely support we have received from the refuge over the last 7 years I will be offering free car stickers to fugees ,

( Once they arrive next week I will do a thread )

Owl,

Don't just complain to the hospital - please make sure that your complaint goes to the PCT or CCG that commissions the hospital. The hospital will go through the motions that they have to by law to deal with your complaint but the PCT can initiate action and impose penalties which will ensure a complete review.

My daughter was rushed to hospital a few weeks ago and stayed overnight. The treatment and conditions were terrible. Luckily she was ok and on discharge wrote a letter of concern to the hospital which we also copied to the PCT. Subsequently my daughter has attended meetings and has become very involved as she has acted as a catalyst for change. The PCT were not previously aware of problems as the hospital does not have to tell them. Her main concern was for the elderly and confused ladies in the ward who were treated appallingly.

Hi to all, I am still a silent stalker - just not very good at getting round to posting! It doesn't help that the space bar on my laptop keeps falling off.... :) x

• Like 1

It was a lovely morning when I first got up but the skies are darkening. I hate Easter as the town gets crowded to bursting point and we don't get the nicest people visiting. There are usually lots of yobs who arrive & just sit in the pubs all over the weekend and then come out being loud and raucous and looking for trouble :( And cars! Cars everywhere, clogging up the roads and parking in the stupidest of places. Oh to live on my own private island!

Thats a shame , when I have visted Keswick in teh past all the locals and visitors I met were very nice , well expect the dramatic lady who owned the property and cried when I told her Winnie had chewed the table leg ( whilst offering to pay )

that aside everyone esle was lovely and its such a nice place to visit , very sad to hear you have yobs now :(

I've been to Costco to buy some planters and yummy food. I bought a massive carrot cake and now I feel sick after one slice because it's slathered in icing which is waaaayyy too sweet, so I shall scrape it off next time. Need to freeze most of it in any case.

Then went to B&Q and bought 10 bags of compost and some horticultural grit. My arms are now about to fall off from lugging it round.

Been awake since 4, so may have a nap soon :tired:

Oh we've always had yobs at Easter Sam. There is something about this long weekend that draws them here. Perhaps it's because it is the first real holiday after Christmas and people have recovered somewhat from the Christmas costs??

I remember the fuss that woman made about the chewed table leg! Well she and her husband split up not long after that - she was having an affair with another medic in the practice! The ex-husband left to work elsewhere not too long ago having tried to work alongside his ex and new partner non too successfully. Their house and holiday property were on the market for a long time - things had gone pretty stagnant around here. I think it's sold now. Our dog walker lives close by it! Most folk I know do not like the woman in her professional capacity, she is somewhat short and abrasive. However Ruby found her the best of all the doc's when dealing with her depression.

Ooooh carrot cake. I'll be right there Alex!