UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Good Luck Snow, that sounds like an awful thing to have to go through, you WILL be wonderful!!!

Glad charlie is home, could the upset tum be down to steroids.... my vet warned me about that when laney was on them, i am sure now he is home he will be well on the road to recovery!

i am currently tumble drying quilts... didn't realize diez had soaked both of them..whoops, hopefully all will be clean and dry before bedtime, if not they will be sleeping with me Lol

Good luck for tomorrow Snow. Knock 'em dead girl!

Jayne I am so glad you have Charlie home and I continue to positive thoughts for the la'al chap.

Griff just to back up your vet - years ago, when I was first researching home made food for my George, I was told by an animal nutritionist to always pulp his veggies so that he could better absorb the nutrients. Oh and that sweet potato was the best of any veggie in terms of nutrition for a dog. George and Archie were never keen on veggies but they both loved sweet potato - well Archie still does. I'm talking about him as though he wasn't here! Dawg forbid!

Well this week is turning out to be a week from hell - and it's only Tuesday. To top my day off today my car's braking system went kaboom on the rollers whilst undergoing an MOT. The replacement parts are relatively inexpensive but it's the man hours to replace them that's going to cost as they will have to take the fuel tank off amongst other things. There are also other issues :( My mechanic has suggested that I think about putting the cost of the repairs into a newer replacement car. I don't drive much nowadays due to my medical problems but do need the car to get around to doctor/hospital appointments and anywhere else that requires me to walk more than a few hundred yards. So do I scrap it or spend the money to get the repairs done and buy myself some time to look for another run-about and possibly re-coup the costs of the repair by selling, or trading in, the old car which will by then be running and roadworthy. Or just get it fixed and take it from day to day in the hopes that nothing further goes wrong? Decisions decisions decisions!

Oh I haven't forgotten about getting the pencils listed in the Dogstar auction. I will attend to that over the next day or so :)

• Like 1

Snow where I am currently they think group exercises are great, having seen their recruitment capability I would disagree. I am with you in thinking they are dreadful. I wish you heaps of luck in it and hope you get the outcome you want.

Glad doglets are coming out of vets and being comfortable at home.

I have had a bit of a strange day today after a colleague directed me to a news article. A few years back my manager was killed by her husband. What challenged my thoughts today was reading that he was released after just 4.5 years. Thinking lots of positive thoughts but still shocked by the shortness of time served.

Yantan I am hopeless with cars, I wish my last one was still going. I guess it depends on just how much the fix will cost. Xxx

High drama in our street tonight. We were all startled by the sound of siren as an ambulance raced up the street to screech to a stop outside my house! Anyway it turned out to be for an elderly neighbour further down - the ambulance had overshot. I know these neighbours quiet well and know that the husband has had heart trouble before so it's likely to be for him rather than his missus. I hope he'll be ok.

No I don't Sam thats the thing, I've done a few before and have always hated them, I suspect it'll be something along the lines of the ones I did on my training for trainers course a few years ago - if so I ummm threw a wooden block that we were supposed to be building a bridge out of at one of the other group members who was being a complete and total knob :blush: the job I'm interviewing for will involve me training and facilitating groups so my guess is it'll be either a role play group thing with us each having a role perhaps and then switching about or the crashed in the desert one. Obviously we're all experienced trainers or facilliatators else we wouldn't have made the interview short list in the first place, the presentation should be the thing which shows which one of us is right for the role and my guess is that the exercise is probably going to be the thing which they try and judge "facillitation" skills with just not too sure how realistic thats going to be really.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Marion x

Well I'm back, group exercise turned out to be a role play we had to pretend to be doing the job we're interviewing for and consider all the barriers which might prevent someone engaging with us and consider a strategy to over come them - it was ... interesting ... there were 4 of us candidates, and 2 of them I'm guessing have only recently become trainers or at least have very recently done a training for trainers course they were very errrm "keen to show what they had learned". Myself and the other candidate sat back and let them get on with it - I did manage to slip a few things in which I saw the panel pick up on so *shrugs* my presentation went OK bang on time and lots of scribbled notes and head noddings from the panel so I'm happy that I did ok with that part, interview went ok'ish I've come out thinking what on EARTH possessed me to say THAT!!!! for a couple of things but Rob thinks what I said was brilliant lol so who knows. But what on earth DID possess me to tell the panel right at the end that I was all ditzy and perimenopausal? FFS!!! LOL

Mind you I am and it DID have an effect - I got lost on my way to the interview despite knowing exactly where I had to go and how to get there like the back of my hand, I still don't understand how I ended up on the wrong side of the city before I even realised I was going the wrong way! So it was a bloody good thing I left here 90 mins before I had to be there as I was able to pretty much go back almost to home and start again and got there with 5 mins to spare phew.

• Like 1

just thought I would pop by and say hi - not been here in a while. News from me is my son is now living in Austrailia after graduating from Exeter Uni in June, my daughter is hopefully going to UEA in Norwich in September. I am now a qualified bodyguard and first responder - I did both courses in January, and it has opened a world of opportunities being female. I am also looking to move to the Cotswold area after September with my two dogs and fingers crossed my partner - dependent on her job/work front.

So far 2013 has been hard dealing with the fact my kids have grown up and moving away from home. I seem to have come out the other side and things are looking rosier and more challenges ahead

• Like 2