UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Suzeanna, thats so sad, is she expected to live a while yet or is it pretty bad. I'll send good thoughts xx

I'm a bit worried about Hoppy my stable cat. Hes an old boy of roughly 13-15yrs, he turned up as a 3 legged boy approx 11 yrs ago. Hes always been in great health only needed an odd dose of antibiotics for abcesses which the vets let me have as Hoppy doesnt like being handled. Stroking etc is fine but any more than that and he reverts to the feral state he first arrived as. He just turned up one day and refused to leave!! Now hes doing daft things like walking or laying down as i'm leading the horses in and out, its as if hes totally oblivious to them but has nearly been squashed several times and as hes only got 3 legs it'll be a disaster if it happens. He's also slowing down a lot with his walking. Sometimes he doesnt seem to realise his food is there either and you have to take his bowl to him. Could this be pain as in arthritis or dementia, is there anything homeopathic i could try before we have the vet trauma. Have considered bringing him home to live but one of my cats is a stroppy sod who will make his life hell. Any ideas please?

Well, dogs can develop dementia so I imagine cats can as well...it could be his hearing and sight are going, but his sense of smell should tell him when there is food about. Is there room at your place where you could keep him separate from your other cat? If he is on the downward path, he won't be much bothered about where he is so long as he's warm and dry and someone talks to him.

Apparently Jean (daughter's m.i.l.) has been told the cancer is terminal, she's around 74, never smoked neither has her husband, only drinks lightly...it seems so unfair. I don't think they've given her a time scale or told her whether there is any treatment available, but she's going for another biopsy on Tuesday I think.

Suzeanna, that is so sad, poor lady and as you say so unfair.

Yes Rachael, cats can get dementia. I'm inclined to agree with suzeanna, get him secured somewhere. Can you secure part of the stable if not somewhere in the house?

Just had a call, Cozzie the Ozzie is in the Chesterfield dog wardens van on his way home. Waiting for him to be reunited before I move him over on Doglost site, but the chip matches so we are pretty sure it's him.

• Like 3

Yes, Cozzie is home. He had left the country park he was in and travelled about 5 miles back towards home. But his ickle legs gave out a mile from home and he was sitting exhausted on the verge when some council maintenance men picked him up and handed him to the DW who scanned him.

• Like 3

Better thank you until I start to do something and then I am a bit weak. Have to get Wispa out for some kind of walk, she has gone 2 days without anything except playing in the garden.

I was worried about Cozzie's dad who is a senior gentleman and a bit frail, he was pushing himself past his limit and his wife was concerned about him. Now they can all have a nice rest.

• Like 1

If anyone is after a new artificial Xmas tree - theres a B&Q price difference between their in store and online prices for the 6' slim Oslo I reserved one online last night for in store collection, the online price was £30 but when I went to collect it they wanted to charge me £50 I argued that I'd reserved it at £30 but they wouldn't budge and said that I needed to read my reservation email, so I told them I didn't want it at that price and walked out. Got home and checked the email and it did say at the very bottom that in store prices might be different and I would have to pay the in store price so I just ordered it online for next day delivery at £30 plus £5 delivery charge and I'm still paying £15 less than the in store price.

If anyones interested its this one: http://www.diy.com/nav/christmas/artificial-trees/plain_trees/B-and-Q-Oslo-Slim-Christmas-Tree-6-183cm-12498701 its not as bushy as some of the trees (hence slim line) but its a lovely mix of different colour greens with bark coloured branches so it looks quite natural.