UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

RMF2 : I did a classic this morning - slipped on a cow pat and ended up flat on my arse (but at least I didn't land in the cowpat) and promptly burst out laughing

I would have weed myself laughing while trying to help you up if I had been there. :ph34r:

RMF: I may have mentioned I fell over on Monday snowboarding and twisted my knee, it was ok yesterday but today it is killing me and I have to work aallll day and party aaalll night tis a difficult I lead!

hope the hurty knee gets better soon

she WON the CG!-2 Jumping and came 4th in Agility!!! I am so pleased with my girlie, our first Kennel Club win!!!

WTG Molly!!!!!

I'm feeling very sad tonight..my son rang earlier, sounds as if his marriage is over. He's devoted to his son and no doubt he'll lose him.

So sad, I hope he gets the access he deserves.

my hip isnt getting better quickly, and lewis is going home on tuesday,so ive asked my friend to have trudy again

oh no, sorry to hear that.

I have been baking a halloween cake for a fundraser at work tomorrow. It is a competition, but the cakes will be sold to raise money for Macmillan cancer care. This is my entry into the "scariest cake" category...I just hope I can get it safely to work tomorrow :unsure:

The grey thing is a cleaver..I shall get some better pics later.

cake5800x701_zps259f5180.jpg

• Like 1

WOW that cake is fabulous!!!!!! bet you win!

Suzeanna, i am sorry to hear of your sons problems, breakups are horrible at the best of times but even more sad when children are involved.

Jazz, you are doing the right thing in getting Trudy looked after again, you need to get you well first!

Murtle, have fun at your spin class..... i think you are a sadist Lol

Well done Molly you clever girl

Kittycat, hope your knee stood up to your nights partying and isn't too sore today

Merledogs, like Houndzrus i would have been laughing my head off however unlike her i wouldn't be in any fit state to try and help you up as i would have been rolling on the ground in hysterics

the undertakers have closed my nans donations..... £350 was donated in total so both cahrities get £175 each and the undertakers donated too.... which was lovely of them.

• Like 1

Marge that cake is ace - truly a scary one as well! Clever you :)

Well done Sandra, Glenn and Molly.

Well our Kiwi visitor is a bit wearing. I have nothing in common with her at all and making conversation is like drawing hen's teeth. There is a flurry of texts and emails going round from the other people she has stayed with warning others that she will outstay her welcome if people aren't firm with her. Apparently she is saying she hasn't much money and can't afford accommodation - well why make the trip then? And what are credit cards for? She's made no forward plans and has just turned up at many people's doors in the hope that they will ask her to stay. We only got a few days notice and then only because the person she was staying with at the time made her contact Ruby. She wants to stay around her until the weekend - aaarggghh! Ruby is going to suggest she moves to the youth hostel tomorrow. We are not going to be played for a pair of mugs.

• Like 2

Hope poorly peeps are feeling better soon, especially poorly hips and knees!

Survived the spin class, though I think you might be right in that I am a sadist...it hurt!

Marge that cake is fabulous!

Yantan introduce her to couch surfing as she can use that to find few / cheap sofas to stay on. Tis very rude to travel like that without warning people though. I am sure if he had been upfront with people everyone could have helped organise a reasonable visit for her with out extending stays at individuals houses :-(. There are 100's of native kiwis's in the UK there must be forums that she could use to meet up with fellow back packers!!

I have forgotten what else I have just read, love and hugs to all, I am off for a nice hot shower!

xxx

The cake is very scary :axehead:

Yantan, it is quite unacceptable for her to turn up out of the blue, land on someone's doorstep and expect to stay as long as she likes. An open invitation to visit if she comes to UK is one thing, but that doesn't mean giving no prior warning. Not having any money is no excuse, as you say she should have saved up/made proper arrangements. She may not be sensitive to other people's feelings and may need to have this explained to her. She may not be aware that her conduct is invasive and puts pressure on people's households.

ooooooooo no Yantan...... put a stop to that sharpish!!!! wouldn't be so bad if you had stuff in common or she at least made the effort to talk to you. how bizarre though, travelling half way across the world with not enough money to fund your stay.... very odd (unless she really does have the cash and is hoping no to spend it!!)

Murtle glad you survived the spin class

it is horrid here today, all grey and dull.... my dad said the weather said it was going to be 22 degrees tomorrow..... that was earlier in the week, now as i was looking forward to some warmth the weather forecast has changed to dull and cloudy with rain! i swear they make it up as they go along, oh well no need for fake tan then!!

Thanks folks for the comments and advice. Ruby has taken her off to visit Hadrian's Wall and will have a word with her whilst they are out. It's wearing on Ruby who is still hovering on the brink of depression and I really don't want all of this to tip her over. She told me this morning that she had to force herself out of bed. Putting on a smiley "everything is OK" act takes it out of her.

my suggestion was to push her off hadrians wall...... i have however been informed it is about 4ft high Lol so not much good. could one of your friends ring up and pretend there is an emergency and you and ruby will have to go??? not immediately but in a day or 2???