UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Morning :cool02:

I hope Wispa, Timmy and Mouse feel better soon.

I just had a bit of a panic. I updated Jack's Facebook page with the comment

"Just had my first cuddle of the day, so now it's time for a nap"

Trouble was, for some reason, the iphone updated it on MY status and I couldn't delete it!! A quick run downstairs to the laptop ensued and I deleted it. I could imagine the comments I would get if I hadn't noticed! :ph34r:

RMF: Strictly starts tonight :pinkie:

• Like 4

I know :pinkie: I am v excited, although I just know Fern is going to get on my baps :rolleyes:

Had a lovely walk - went to see the girls (cows) instead of the boys (bullocks). They aren't quite as brave. Mostly baby cows who are very inquisitive and sooooo sweet :wub: I did get some pics on my phone so will download them later.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

I just had a bit of a panic. I updated Jack's Facebook page with the comment

"Just had my first cuddle of the day, so now it's time for a nap"

Trouble was, for some reason, the iphone updated it on MY status and I couldn't delete it!! A quick run downstairs to the laptop ensued and I deleted it. I could imagine the comments I would get if I hadn't noticed! :ph34r:

Oops :blush: I wouldn't have commented (much) honestly :whistle:

RMF: Marge Simpson is just the nicest person on the planet. The world would be a much worse place without her and people like her :wub: That's all I'm saying.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 4

i hope wispa and timmy are soon better...poorly dogs are not fun!

Jazz, glad to hear you have found someone for mouse.

Merledogs i agree Marge simpson is a luffly lady!

been to the undertakers and settled the bill for my nans funeral.... they weren't open but gary (one of the directors) was decorating and came down and opened up for us, they did a brilliant job of taking care of my nan and were lovely people to deal with. now we just need to try and finalize what happens with the headstone so dads family can't wriggle out of any money that will need paying on that..... although they will have a damn good try (except for his little sister) i can't believe i have the misfortune to be related to such a bunch of skanky horrible people! they haven't paid a penny towards her funeral, not made a donation to the hospice that took care of her and are currently removing things from her flat which most of the family had agreed should be left to the charity who own the flat, i am so glad that i have been brought up properly and taught to appreciate the kindness people show you and repay that kindness if you can..... i might be a bit of a chav but i am a chav with gratitude!

• Like 3

Wot Marge said griff :flowers:

I have had a lovely day - walked the dogs, mowed the lawn, moved some plants around, had a nap (and a nice dream for once). I've fed the cats, dogs and birds, who are now flitting around the garden and am about to go and have a bath and then make some tea (rigatoni with wild mushroom and marsala sauce, washed down with a spritzer or two), then settle down for the night's viewing, which comprises Total Wipeout, Strictly, Dr Who, X Factor, Casualty and possibly a bit of Jonathan Ross depending on who he has on (can't stand the bloke personally but he does have some good guests).

Guess that's my evening planned!

• Like 1

Hey Griff, it's what they say - you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family!! :) x

(although I have to say I have been very lucky on both counts 'cepting for certain x-in-laws but they are of no consequence anymore!!)

• Like 1

Merledogs i am with you....jonathan ross gets right up my nose!

i am not amused with myself at all...managed to drop a chicken into the pan it had cooked in so all the fat/juices sprayed up my favourite hoody, i am hoping that as i chucked it in the wash immediately it will come out.

you are all right unfortunately we can't choose our families..... i have decided my decision 22 years ago was the right one and will have nothing more to do with them except my aunty, my fur family are a lot better than my blood relatives..... even if dex cat decides to bite and scratch me!

• Like 1

((hugs)) Griff unfortunately or perhaps fortunately death can bring out both the best and worst in people, since mum died I have experienced both so have a real good idea of what you are dealing with, concentrate on the good ones and stuff the bad ones - thats what I'm doing.

My labrynthitis flared up today worst one for a long long while, managed to bump into every single wall and door on my way to the loo this morning and then threw up :confused02: antihistamine has now kicked in a bit so as long as I concentrate (not easy with labrynthitis) then I am no longer feeling like I'm on a boat in a storm, hopefully this will pass fairly quickly. Didn't stop me from going to PC World and buying myself my new super dooper net machine - I have yet to get it out of its box and connect it up as my new desk doesn't arrive for a few days yet though I don't know if I can resist temptation for that long lol we'll see....

Not surprised you are glad to see the back of that lot, griff.

Have fun with new computer, snow.

Looks like I have found the cause of Wispa's upset tum. She has been nicking the birds' fat balls. Seems that some birds can pull them out of the top of the holder and then they drop them on the ground. She gave herself away by hiding one in my bed.

• Like 1

Morning all :)

I woke up early as usual, so have been using the time to make bread, (Dough currently rising), and salmon and brocolli quiche. I am attempting a new boiled fruit cake recipe later,

I am awaiting delivery of these two paintings, done by a very talented person called Julian Wheat, who is on a Lab forum. He is so, so talented!

First Cherry and Spike

95db5cc7.jpg

and Jack

f8e9b056.jpg

I can'rt express how pleased I am, even though I don't have the originals yet. Next job will be finding a framer.

Edited by houndzrus
  • Like 2