UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Well done Jack!

That's ridiculous Murtle, unless they supply all the costumes, how can they expect you to pay?

Rosie bounced back after a quiet couple of hours (nice to have the peace, but not for that reason!) and was fine yesterday when I walked her, but she did cast wary looks towards their garden when we walked past it...neither dog was outside though.

I'm so tired..went to bed at 10.15, then I got this weird clamping pain right round my ribs on the left hand side. Probably indigestion, but with all the dire warnings I've had from various medical men, niggly thoughts of heart attacks were in my mind! :unsure: I couldn't get comfortable however I lay, and was still awake at 1.30. Eventually got to sleep, woke up at 4 and stayed awake until OH's alarm went off at 5.15. Now I'm knackered :confused02:

Must confess I had to reach for the tissues when GB got the gold in the show jumping!

Edited by suzeanna

I hope your feeling ok now xx

thats a bloody cheek! tell them to pay you for once for performing!

ive just had a bloody great pigeon flyinto the conservatory.the racket! I thought there was a person in there! 4 dogs trying to get at it and me trying to grab it. I managed to and got it out, cant breathe properly now though

Hmm...about an hour after I took my chemo tablet, that pain came back so I pored over the leaflet I got with it and sure enough....could well be the tablets. I've got a card the chemo registrar gave me with a number to ring day or night if I had any worrying symptoms, I think I may have to use it.

Well done Jack :)

Murtle that's rather taking the piss expecting you all to pay for the performance.

Suzeanna I hope you've made that phone call missus!

I've been glued to the telly until now and I watched the whole 2 hours plus of the triathlon - GB took a gold and a bronze :)

I watched some of the cycling and all of the running on the telly in our reception Maz - shame about the 15 second pen or we could have had silver as well, but well done to both the Brownlee boys :pinkie:

Also a gold in the team dressage :pinkie:

Just watching the cycling and hoping we add more to that tally later.

*wibble* *wibble* definately moving on the 19th even if we havent exchanged contracts - since the bungalow is already half mine my brother said move in whenever we want *eeep* panic mode on FULL

Just rang BT to arrange for the phone and internet to be installed - earliest date is 7th SEPTEMBER!!!!!!! *and breathe......* fingers crossed brother hasnt cancelled mums virgin contract yet (told him to on Saturday - could KICK myself now!) otherwise I wont have either a phone OR the net for 3 weeks - I'll go insane!!! LOL

Cant get hold of Sky (they are having technical problems apparently) to find out if they can install the TV without a phone line otherwise no phone no net and no TV .... I'll have to do housework!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

Suzeanna make the phone call!!!!!! better to say something and be checked than say nothing and suffer the consequences.

wot she said!

Excuse me, rant alert.

I've just had a call from Keith's sister to talk about the impending visit from our Australian relatives on 7th September weekend. They have two children and want to buy a car seat and booster seat for the duration and want to go out for an early dinner on the Saturday 5pm, because of the children). That's it, nothing else.

Anyway, emails have been going back and forth, as we are back from Italy on the Tuesday late night, catching up. getting dogs from Burbage etc on Wednesday and back to work Thursday and Friday.

anyway, Mary was going to order the seats from Argos so KAthryn could collect it when they get here. Tonight though, she wanted ideas on places to go. I suggested no fewer than five places that would be serving food that early, but each one was dismissed. Then she says that we have to get it booked, so I said there's plenty of time left. But your not going away till the 17th! she moaned. Even though I explained that we do work full time and have only this weekend to get things done, she still wasn't happy.

So she went off on one, saying don't you have any suggestions? I suppose I've got to do everything and ring round everywhere!!! I told her that I had given her five suggestions which she had turned down and that the details of all of them were on the net. I told said that with the best will in the world, we will be away for three weeks and will not be able to sort anything from Italy, and when we get back, we have one day to get the dogs, etc etc before going back to work! Geeze, it's only booking a pub! The thing is, she and her husband are retired, so have EVERY day free. I told her that Keith works long hours and sometimes, Like tonight,he doesn't come home at all. She just doesn't get it.

I found the details of all five places and emailed them to Australia, asking them to choose which one they want. Job done, took all of 20 seconds. I am absolutely fuming.

Thanks for letting me let off steam.

tell her sod off and do it herself

use the number!

ok, ive been without a dishwasher for farrr too long!

I heard myself say, and watched myself do ...

sit down before you read the next bit .....

I might as well CLEAN THE COOKER WHILE IM HERE!!!!!!

I did!

sit up, I havent finished ......

I must have been in shock, because I dropped the just opened butter...... into the dogs water ....

Moaning :tired:

Jazz - steady on!

Marge - you rant away :flowers:

Wish I could get a decent night's sleep for once. The meeting tomorrow with HR, my boss and the union rep is giving me knots in my stomach. I just know it's not going to be pleasant.

RMF : It's still dark here :mecry: It's the first time I've got up this early and had to have the lights on.

Edited by merledogs

Merledogs, the thing to remember is you have done nothing wrong :bighug: you have the right to have someone speak up for you and you have quite rightly taken that option. i will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping your union rep runs rings round them!

Houndzrus, sounds to me like your sister in law has too much time on her hands!! glad you got the meal sorted out, my brother used to highly recommend the red lion (i think that was it) at hunningham.

Jazz................ do you fancy coming and doing some tidying up for me??

• Like 1