UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

I have tidied up every room,I have tipped out, im so proud of myself .... till I wanted the hhuuggeee bag of dishwasher salt that is lasting years.

how can It vanish, have I mentioned its huge?

im going to buy some more today, then watch it jump up and laugh at me

When I got made redundant I demanded a cheque for my redundancy there and then (at least they were fairly generous with the terms) and told them they might as well give it to me because I had no intention of doing any work during the notice period and furthermore I would only go round chatting to all my colleagues and keep them back. I left work 3 hours later with my cheque and a beautiful bouquet my colleagues had scrambled to collect for and have delivered. I was really touched by that. And as I went round saying thank you and goodbye to everyone the song that came on the radio - I kid you not - was "We've got to get out of this place" by The Animals LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

• Like 1

Loo, sorry I somehow missed your post....I hope you are wrong and you don't get made redundant!

Jazz, look for the dishwasher salt in the very last place it should be, it may surprise you :D

Saw the doc this morning, he asked how I was feeling so I recounted my tale of woe and he nodded sagely and said Oh yes, common side effects. Will they go? says I? sometimes they do....said with the expression that says "you'll be blooming lucky"! Apparently the platelet count is slightly down, so stay on this dose for another two weeks then go back and if not much improvement, he'll increase the dose. I'll take to carrying a large cushion (for feeling faint), and either a cork or family size Andrex if he does! :toilet:

Fingers crossed suzeanna :flowers:

Liking your style Marion :flowers:

I've been to Costco and B&Q. I need a nap now :tired:

RMF : I'm fuming about a d*ckhead on a gardening forum who's going to buy a puppy. Someone suggested a rescue and he said he didn't want someone else's problem. he said "They must have been a problem for somone or they wouldn't have ended up in a dogs home!"

I have resisted the urge to call him an ignorant tw@t and have written a sensible post to try and lay to rest the popular misconception that all dogs in rescue must have behavioural problems. :handjob

Edited by merledogs

The dogs that do end up in rescue due to behavioural problems are the ones who get bought by that kind of knob and who mess the pups up in the first place. Both George and Archie came from rescues as puppies and look what fab dogs they ended up. On the other hand my nephew paid £500 for his Cocker Spaniel pup from a breeder and now he's got all sorts of behavioural problems due to their stuffing up his training and basically failing him. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that they want to send him into rescue before too long. Eye roll.

For all you people who take fab photos of your dogs here's a chance to show them off again and win a competition "My Hound Needs A Holiday" here in the Lake District.

http://www.lovetoescape.com/page/pet_dog_competition.cfm?utm_source=Holiday-Makers+Pet+friendly&utm_campaign=f20d6da866-HHound020812&utm_medium=email

If anyone does enter please put the details here so I can vote for you on Facebook. I remembered my password yesterday and though I hate it with a passion I will go onto help Fugees win a holiday - and to support rescue good causes.

Merledogs, sadly that is quite a common misconception, makes me sick that people think the more money you pay for a dog the better it is.... we have a d*ck round here who goes on about how he paid £600 for his cocker....... she is a nice dog don't get me wrong but my diez was free and she is just as great, to be honest hopefully a decent rescue would knock him back anyway.

Jazz, i hope you find your missing bag of dishwasher salt.

Suzeanna, i really hope that your side effects settle down and your tablets improve your condition

nobody has been to collect the car........ guess they won't be coming today....bl**dy annoys me as i have been waiting all day for them.

Catching up...hello everyone!!

Alex, sorry you still have a twonk for a manger! Hopefully your next manager will be an angel in comparison.

Went out and had a couple of drinks last night...I can either do alcohol or late nights, struggle with both!!