UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

Meet my favourite tree in the whole world :wub: His name is Norman, but usually I just call him 'tree'. I go and talk to him when we're up the fields and he's a very good listener (yes I know I'm bonkers). I find that rubbing his bark de-stresses me.

2012-07-14085946.jpg

• Like 1

Evening

Sorry czech person is being a pain Marion. Good to know your neighbours are watching her too. Proper weird behaviour.

Marge so pleased the results were good

Griff hope you can have the treatment on Friday

Scoobs is a whole heap better today. Thanks for thinking of our little chap. He's a very loving little thing and has had snuggles a plenty with us all.

Been to walk the dogs.

The baby cows are very inquisitive of the dogs :wub: (you can see the back end of Taffy at the bottom of the pic)

2012-07-15083648.jpg

The horses I mentioned yesterday were by the fence when we went back to the car, so the dogs got introduced. We stood back initially as I wasn't sure how they would react, but they were such good boys that we stood right in front of the horses and I was able to have horsey cuddles and muzzle kisses :wub: They look a bit on the skinny side but the paddock they are in has waist high grass in at the moment as it hasn't been mown since last summer so hopefully they will soon fatten up. I'll get a pic next week if I can. Ickle foal wasn't brave enough to come up to the fence but was inquisitive :wub:

Edited by merledogs

Aaargh I woke up in the early hours with a thumping headache and it's still thumping. It's not at migraine proportions as I've taken my migraine meds. I think it might be due to my hurty shoulder as it's very stiff and sore to move today.

Marge will your friends be hooked up to the internet in Spain? If they are and are not already Skype aware get them to download it so you can speak frequently at length for free. My aunt Skype's with her friend, who moved to France a few years ago, every Tuesday afternoon for hours and as they both have a webcam they can see each other too.

Aaargh I woke up in the early hours with a thumping headache and it's still thumping. It's not at migraine proportions as I've taken my migraine meds. I think it might be due to my hurty shoulder as it's very stiff and sore to move today.

Marge will your friends be hooked up to the internet in Spain? If they are and are not already Skype aware get them to download it so you can speak frequently at length for free. My aunt Skype's with her friend, who moved to France a few years ago, every Tuesday afternoon for hours and as they both have a webcam they can see each other too.

Another fan of Skype - been invaluable to us since we moved to France as even people who don't have it can phone us on the Skype line at just the cost of a local call.

Czec girl's bad parking sounds like mine on a good day lol. I never have mastered reverse parking into a space.

So pleased the results were good Marge.

Lovely pics of the cows Alex. But no way would you get me into a field of bullocks! Or even cows for that matter. There's often some in the field adjoining our back garden and they are very sweet and very inquisitive but I am very grateful for the fence and hedge separating us lol

Hope Scoobs is on the mend Michelle. Gentle squishes for him.

Belated congrats on the news about your mortgage Snow. Fingers crossed for a stress free move. At least with vacant possession and nothing to sell you can complete whenever suits you and there's no chain to break down. Have you finished up at work yet?

Arternoon. The sun is out just in time for me to tidy up the garden a tad.Have been on my exercise bike and just had poached eggs on toast. Will drink my coffee while doing some paperwork and then will make a start.

Hope the pain eases soon Marion.

Scoobs is getting back to normal again. Just need him to produce a normal poop now. Will take him out for what may be a wobbly walk this afternoon. Apart from the vets he's only been in the garden. One reason being I didn't want other dogs to catch it.

• Like 1

We got a surprise yesterday.

Our car was written off in January, after we ended upside down in a ditch when there was snow on the roads.

Tesco gave us full retail value for our car and transferred the existing policy to the new one ( on condition that we got the new car within a month of the pay out)

The policy is due for renewal on 8 August and I was dreading the quote after a £7500 pay out.

The new quote is £194 , which is less than the £220 we paid last year. :cheer:

I told hubby to accept it quick before they realise there has been a mistake.

• Like 2

That's brilliant re the car insurance :flowers:

Hope you feel better soon Marion :flowers:

I've potted up some roses into big containers and had a nap and finished a really good book.

Think I've given up on Fifty Shades, it's just badly written carp really.

• Like 1

Morning.

Aw Alex hope you feel better soon. Have a hot bath tonight if you are still feeling achey.

I am up early because DW has got a job 3 days a week and today is one of her days. She offered to come and walk Archie before she starts at 9am but I left it that if she was up and had time then great but not to bother if she found herself running late. Ruby can take Archie out this evening and DW can give him a double walk tomorrow. Thankfully her other 2 days at work are on Saturday's and Sundays so don't impact on us.