UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Morning.

Suzeanna I envy you going off to Kos. I hope the skies are blue and the sun is nice and warm and you both have a fabulously relaxing holiday.

Eve that's the spirit - never let bad weather spoil a holiday. There is beauty in rain and I love how it makes the greens of nature SO much brighter afterwards.

Do those of you interested in meat and tattie pie recipe mind it being vague when it comes to measurements? I just sort of throw stuff in and so far my instructions are reading a bit like "a shake of this, a couple of twists of the pepper mill, however much mince you want to put it" and so on.

I have a lot to do today and haven't read back properly, but got the gist of it..congrats on the bonus Alex, sorry you are feeling worse..Snow I hope you get your curtains sorted..glad you got your internet back Mags :)

We are going to Kos, Eve. Been to Rhodes frequently, Zakynthos a few times and Skiathos once, but never Kos before. I'm already feeling guilty about leaving the dogs in kennels for t wo weeks!

They all got another email at OH's work yesterday afternoon..it will be Thursday now they are told rather than Wednesday. This is the fourth time it's been changed..honestly the management there couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, and this is one of the biggest bloody computer services companies in the country! Right...get my head straight and hang out washing, clean house, finish packing...eek...I should have got up earlier! :D

When My husband was made redundant they got told the middle of the week beforehand that it would be happening the next Tuesday.

Those who were on holiday came back to work to find they had been made redundant having known nothing about it before they went off on holiday.

Try to enjoy your holiday. You can't change anything by worrying.

Think of us here with grey skies and rain :dwet:

ah that is the issue!! On the link I posted there is a tab that says what size do I need.

If you enter you curtain pole length it shows you the gather ratio you will get.

so for 184 CM pole you get the following result

Width (per curtain) Gather

117 cm 1.3 times

168 cm 1.8 times1.8 times

228 cm 2.5 times

Edited by murtle

Sorry you're feeling poorly Alex - are you off work? Cos you should be, really. Great news on the bonus - more plants then? :D

I'm going to Scotland on Saturday for a week :pinkie: Going to be wet I think but we don't care :dwet:

I'm not off work cos I've got too much to do, including a meeting with my boss this morning :rolleyes: I was gentle with him though cos of the nice bonus. No more plants though (well maybe just one or two) :D Enjoy your holibobs :flowers:

They all got another email at OH's work yesterday afternoon..it will be Thursday now they are told rather than Wednesday. This is the fourth time it's been changed..honestly the management there couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, and this is one of the biggest bloody computer services companies in the country! Right...get my head straight and hang out washing, clean house, finish packing...eek...I should have got up earlier! :D

Try and enjoy your holiday without all the worrying (difficult I know) :GroupHug:

Do those of you interested in meat and tattie pie recipe mind it being vague when it comes to measurements? I just sort of throw stuff in and so far my instructions are reading a bit like "a shake of this, a couple of twists of the pepper mill, however much mince you want to put it" and so on.

Nah, I belong to the just chuck it in cos it goes down the say way brigade :flowers:

Morning.

Suzeanna I envy you going off to Kos. I hope the skies are blue and the sun is nice and warm and you both have a fabulously relaxing holiday.

Eve that's the spirit - never let bad weather spoil a holiday. There is beauty in rain and I love how it makes the greens of nature SO much brighter afterwards.

Lol but a little bit of sun wouldn't hurt would it?

No worries about vague measurements - never stuck to a measurement in my life and am prone to substituting ingredients depending on what I've got /like etc

Evening

Been to hydro tonight with Scoobs.

Where are you going Eve. Tres jealous here as I love Scotland

Suzeanna hope you manage to enjoy your hols

Martyn has had a letter today confirming that his part of the business is being taken over by another company so he's going through a TUPE process.

Nice shirts Alex. I think Snow posted a link to something similar and they might have been from a UK firm in £'s if you wanted to get one (but I can't swear to that!)

Michelle I hope Martyn comes out OK. Sending positive vibes for him. Also for Suzeanna's OH.

It looks like it's going to be a nice day here.

I knew there was something else - has anyone heard from Steph? I just wondered how she was getting on as she had some major changes coming to her household.

Edited by Yantan

Love the shirts, Alex, and am very tempted. They have a GSP one and a beagle. Wispa is mostly GSP but has also been made an honorary beagle, so I have a choice.

The owlery central heating combi boiler is dead, RIP. The plumber came yesterday and mended a leak in a pipe joint. All was dry for a few hours but then it started dripping even more. Turns out a crucial valve has gone, replacement is over £200 for the part alone and there would be a fair bit of work involved. Not worth it on an ancient and temperamental boiler. So plumber is coming later to disconnect the boiler and cap off the gas. Not worth the landlords replacing boiler as they will be gutting and refurbishing the house at some point in the next 2 or 3 years, though they are taking a long time to work out with architect what they want to do, so I might still be here in 4 years! They will be having an eco house with ground heat exchange and also solar heating and turning the place into a more suitable family home for themselves. I do have a good downstairs shower so there is always hot water, and I expect we will be installing a small electric water heater in the kitchen. We have a coal fire in living room and I have oil filled rads, and have ordered a heated clothes airing carousel fing from Argos.

Is anyone listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 about the dogs chasing the cow over the cliff? Jeez there are some numpty owners out there.

And equally stupid members of the public commenting on things they have no in-depth knowledge or understanding of.

I knew there was a reason I had stopped listening to the Vine show. He is a knob.

Edited by Yantan