UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are back home. I did fall over at one point, while struggling through bushes in a dry ditch, but as I wear gardening gloves in brambly places as well as leggings under my jeans, I have got off more lightly than the other Fugees, spouses and dogs who have been hitting the deck. I blame the solar storms, bet they are increasing the gravity.

Wispa agrees with Toby that his missing friend is in one particular area of burrows, but she doesn't do underground stuff so we put her back in the van and fetched Toby. He was shown other holes but not interested, he is adamant that his pal is where he said before. It's going to be a long job, as you can't dive in gung ho, it has to be done slowly and carefully.

To make matters worse, a really experienced guy from the Fell and Moorland terrier club was on his way from Leicester to help when a big pheasant flew head on into his car and wrote off the radiator :ohmy: As Lesley Trallwm says, no good deed goes unpunished.

morning fugees!

If you are the sort of low life who steals bottles of milk from OAP's doorsteps - make sure their neighbour isn't sitting in their car on the drive first! :laugh:

I've got my Psychiatrist appt this morning, hopefully he will be able to tell me if I have Bipolar or not, and if not, *why* I have been having such ups and downs and weird stuff going on in my head.......

That's fabulous news about Peppa partytime.gif

Poor Max - both for the fall and the bath. I hope he's not feeling any adverse effects today Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

K9Fran good luck today flowers.gif

I love reading about Owl and Whispa's adventures. Good luck with the dog in the bunny warren. I've been in the same situation and we made a successful recovery.

Mick from the Fell & Moorland has just got his radiator off and hopes to get it repaired and on again today. If he can do that he is going over to dig tomorrow. The hole which Toby says Charlie is down was dug out yesterday and it divides into 2 tunnels. Mick tried to explain his methods to me but he says it was a bit like telling someone how to make a quiche over the phone when they had never even broken an egg before :rolleyes:

How far down was the one you dug out, Yantan?

Good luck K9Fran :GroupHug:

One more day and then if Starbuck's owners doesn't surface, he is mine. :wub: But not for long, looks like he may have a suitable home offered.

Edited by owl

How far down was the one you dug out, Yantan?

She'd entered the warren in a field and the warren extended out and under the road - well country lane - and she was stuck underneath the lane. It was my JRT, Jerry, who pinpointed her exact position. He kept returning to the lane barking and "digging" at the tarmac surface. We had to get the council out to dig the road up to get to her and then reinstate it. It was a long time ago but I have a memory of telling someone that she was about 3 and a half feet down.

Oh my, that is amazing!

Thank you for that useful info, Yantan. I will tell Charlie's people about that. I trust Toby's knowledge on Charlie's location, so do the Fell & Moorland guys, but it's the owners who find it hard to believe. They love their dogs but can't quite believe that a dog's nose is that good.