UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Update

gooster

Hi all

You may remember that before I went away, I was having a horrendous time at work, with them constantly harrassing me for poor on the day glasses sales. Well, before I went away, I made contact with a local opticians, who were looking to employ someone for a few days a week.

Whilst away, I had a lot of time to think about what to do (a week in the sunshine on your own gives you lots of thinking time!), and came to the conclusion that if they could offer me a few days a week there, I could make up the rest of my current wage doing locum work. That way, I still have work at the quiet times in optics, but can earn more money during the busy times.

Anyway, I spoke to the practice owner tonight (who is a dog lover :biggrin: ), and had a long discussion about the practice. The practice currently carries out diabetic retinopathy screening, which I am doing as part of my current job anyway, so she was really pleased to find out I could take over that too. Am going to meet her face to face on Tuesday, and I can't wait! Am so excited about the prospects of working at a small local practice, but still working at other practices too, so my work life is nice and varied :biggrin:

ooooooooooooo well done Gooster :flowers: i hope things go well for you, it is awful having to go to a job that you don't like..... i had to do it but only for a few months and have vowed i will never do it again!

it will be good for you to be somewhere where you are appreciated for the service you give not how many pairs of bl**dy specs you sell!

oooh, fingers crossed this will be a solution for you Jayne. After all your training and internship and further experience you so deserve a job that makes the most of your skills and sense of vocation rather than just a sales job. Good luck :flowers:

Thanks guys! They have been fine with me since I got back from my holiday, but last Saturday, I had a horrendous sales day, and I was nearly in tears when I left work, as I was that worried and stressed about what they might say to me. So even when I have good days, I will always be worried when I have a bad day...

:jumpy: I'm really excited for you. Don't let them lull you into a false sense of security, though I think you are far to clever to let that happen :flowers:

A permanent part time role and the option of locum is such a good combination to give you the stability and freedom. I love it! This has just made me :biggrin:

Well done and good luck!

Edited by murtle