UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Sending good thoughts to all hurty Fugees :GroupHug:

Had a call from my friend Mary back in Wales, the one who had to battle to get stroke rehab for her son. He had further heart attacks and died earlier this year. And now Mary has ovarian cancer :mecry: but it has been caught early and with any luck will be treatable. It's such a shame she has to go through all this, having nursed her disabled husband for years until he died in 08, then losing her son. She is quite cheerful and says she doesn't feel too bad at all.

Poor Mary, She is a really lovely person, Do you intend offroading whilst you have the benefit of the scooter ?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biggrin: snow

:GroupHug: Mary

:GroupHug: Steph, hope your feeling better

:laugh: if you do go off roading Owl can we have pics please

Yesterday Izzie caught a blackbird :ohmy: :wacko: luckily she dropped it when i yelled 'leave it' and the poor thing managed to fly off after a few mins of standing there in shock/disbelief :laugh: Iz has caught mice,rabbits, rats and nearly a pheasant but this was a first for fast flying things :wacko: Shes very good if i get the 'leave it' command in fast before she takes off but she was a bit quick for me this time. At least the poor bird appeared unharmed :flowers:

Edited by collies r best

:angry: I heard our mystery visitor over the bathroom ceiling :angry:

Squirrel? unsure.gif

Good girl Izzie wub.gif

They've got fab dog beds in Costco at the moment Steph (I've got a huge round one) wink.gif I bought loads of beds the first few years which never lasted, but the ones I've had since 2005 are still going strong (Danish Design ones) - with the addition of course of an additional duvet inside and supersoft fleece covers which I've made to make them snugglier for winter wub.gif I have recently dug out the plastic round beds which have been in the garage for years, so their beds are inside those now and they are absolutely loving them (especially when placed in front of the fire). Can't remember why I shoved them in the garage in the first place, probably cos they take up more space, but if the boys love them, then the boys get what they want rolleyes.gif

:angry: I heard our mystery visitor over the bathroom ceiling :angry:

Do you have an garage attached to the house.

We had mice in our attic at night- I'm sure they wore tackity boots- and they were getting in through a small hole between the garage and the attic. Blocking it up solved the problem.

Phoebe :flowers: Fran :flowers: Steph :flowers: Marion :flowers: and :GroupHug: to anyone else who wants one.

Marion when the Tramadol kick in I am sure you'll feel heaps better - when Nog was on them he couldn't gove a stuff about his leg, he was away with the fairies and having all kinds of interesting hallucinations instead :laugh:

I've had an interesting if rather un-nervingish kinda day - we had an appointment with a financial advisor in Salisbury this morning to discuss our options when hubby leaves the RAF we went there expecting to talk about "ifs & whens" and we've come home with a mortgage agreed in principle :ohmy: :wacko: and the advice that we wait no longer and get out there house hunting yesterday! :ohmy: Bloody hell its actually happening :run4hills: I thought it would be ages yet before we needed to start actively looking and thinking about buying a house and its not ... its nowwwwww eeeeeeeeeeeep

They've got fab dog beds in Costco at the moment Steph (I've got a huge round one)

I have one of those :biggrin: it's a bit flat and out of shape now though. Best dogs bed I have a duvets shoved in dog bed covers but I still end up buying more :rolleyes: Nala and Phoenix would share a bed but these three are awkward and like their own space, they will share with the cat but I think that more that they don't have a choice!

Phoebe :flowers: Fran :flowers: Steph :flowers: Marion :flowers: and :GroupHug: to anyone else who wants one.

Marion when the Tramadol kick in I am sure you'll feel heaps better - when Nog was on them he couldn't gove a stuff about his leg, he was away with the fairies and having all kinds of interesting hallucinations instead :laugh:

I've had an interesting if rather un-nervingish kinda day - we had an appointment with a financial advisor in Salisbury this morning to discuss our options when hubby leaves the RAF we went there expecting to talk about "ifs & whens" and we've come home with a mortgage agreed in principle :ohmy: :wacko: and the advice that we wait no longer and get out there house hunting yesterday! :ohmy: Bloody hell its actually happening :run4hills: I thought it would be ages yet before we needed to start actively looking and thinking about buying a house and its not ... its nowwwwww eeeeeeeeeeeep

GO FOR IT !!!! You should get a bargain

Mum and dad have been to my house to see if they can find out what's leaking, there seems to be a valve that is leaking

Hope it's sorted soon :flowers:

Had a call from my friend Mary back in Wales, the one who had to battle to get stroke rehab for her son. He had further heart attacks and died earlier this year. And now Mary has ovarian cancer but it has been caught early and with any luck will be treatable. It's such a shame she has to go through all this, having nursed her disabled husband for years until he died in 08, then losing her son. She is quite cheerful and says she doesn't feel too bad at all.

:GroupHug: for Mary.

well, the start to the week! lewis put 2 pizzas in the freezer last night, and didnt shut the door. lost all the food. Im not happy

That's annoying :angry:

:ohmy: Marion!

No time like the present, Snow :biggrin:

Glad you're feeling better with the pain relief Steph :flowers:

Had annual leave booked for today for the car's MOT. It passed! Yay :biggrin: Got enough to pay for this month, so that's one thing off the list. :rolleyes:

yay for painkillers Steph, hope they work well but dont overdo it if they mask the pain!

:biggrin: for mortgage Snow, thats brilliant

Glad car passed its MOT. We dont have that over here, not sure if thats good or bad :unsure:

Alex [and other collie owners] do your collies have the prey/chase instinct. Izzies seems to be getting stronger the older she gets [shes nearly 4 :ohmy: but as shes a leap year puppy shes only really 1 next month :laugh: ]. Sheep and cows dont interest her but small things do. Cats shes fine with [ultra respectful with torti's :laugh: nothing to do with the 3 we have at home you understand :laugh: ] but she loves 'hunting' and bounces like a fox when she finds a mouse and is trying to catch it.Maybe most collies over here are laid back i've just not known one like Izzie. When my daughters beautiful hamster is out and about Izzie has been known to sit there drooling at him :ohmy:

Evening

Sorry you've lost all your food Alicia. Bet Lewis has been popular today :GroupHug:

Customer service seems to have gone down the toilet Marion. Hope you get it shifted quickly. Hope you're feeling better today.

Steph glad you're feeling more comfortable

Phoebejo it's probably rats and they can get in the smallest places. We discovered ours had dug a hole underneath at the side of the house. Used to hear them scampering about in the middle of the night but nothing any other time. I thought we had squirrels until we saw them in the garden. Rats are never far away and we brought it on ourselves through feeding the birds.

Edited by Jacobean

Do you intend offroading whilst you have the benefit of the scooter ?

No, I do not :wacko: Bad enough getting it down some of the older pavements in Worksop which seem to be at an angle. Did OK though, got the things I needed, and had a lot of fun beetling around the main pedestrian precinct. Went to Greggs and only came out with the loaf I went in for and absolutely no goodies. Very tired now :sleep: