UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Afternoon :flowers:

:flowers: :GroupHug: For all who want or need one.

I went back to work on Tuesday, full of lurgy, but then it hit big time, so this is the first day I have felt a bit more "human". Not been back to work since then, because of throat ulcers,headaches, intermittent cough, painful bones and gums and, for the last two days and nights, streaming eyes and nose :unsure: I hope the lurgy will be gone soon, this year feels very long already and it has seriously interfered with my plans. :mad:

Edited by houndzrus

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes disappeared on me so here's what I can remember.

Glad you were pleased with the hotel Jazz.

Can we see photos of you in uniform Snow? :biggrin:

Michele's washer, open your door please :mad:

I bought an omelette maker in Aldi yesterday so had nice fluffy omelette for lunch. Unfortunately, Andy decided he didn't want his so ended up eating his also *oink oink*

I am trying to watch my weight (well if truth be told loose a few more than a few pounds!) and have been using weightlossresources....I now know where my excess weight came from :laugh: It doesn't pay to be healthy sometimes...the *healthy* stuff was not so healthy!!

Work have cut everyone hours so I only have 10 hours this week :( I hope next weeks hours are better but the payroll forecast looks very grim for everyone until half term!!

That's pants Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I went back to work on Tuesday, full of lurgy, but then it hit big time, so this is the first day I have felt a bit more "human". Not been back to work since then, because of throat ulcers,headaches, intermittent cough, painful bones and gums and, for the last two days and nights, streaming eyes and nose :unsure: I hope the lurgy will be gone soon, this year feels very long already and it has seriously interfered with my plans. :mad:

I hope you feel much better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've been to Sainsburys on my way home. I drove past the spot where Anuj Bidve was shot at Christmas - very sad mecry.gif

I shopped at Asda for years cos it was cheaper than Sainsburys, although I've always thought that Asda own brand stuff was pretty poor in comparison. Since I've been shopping at Sainsburys again the past couple of months I have found ways to maximise the offers and stuff and I can now get much better/tastier food for about the same as I would have spent in Asda biggrin.gif They've got some real bargains on at the moment - Innocent Smoothies half price, tortilla chips 70% off, Italian pizza half price, two main curry dishes and one side dish for a fiver, three pasta dishes (for tea during the week) for a fiver, and so on. I now have a fridge full of yummy food and I can't decide what to eat first laugh.gif Plus I get 5% off everything through a work rewards scheme cool.gif

Edited by merledogs

Nice one Alex :)

I would love to see the look on your son's face tonight Snow :laugh:

Have had a rubbish day at work, had my 6 monthly review :rolleyes: One of the points our work performance is based on is how many patients we see, go on to buy glasses on the same day. I will be the first to admit mine isn't the best at the moment, as I don't believe in giving glasses when they are not necessary. If someone has had no change, I will always give them the option. Anyway, I ended up in floods of tears in front of the manager and the senior optometrist :mecry: :rolleyes: They told me I am too nice to my patients and that is why they don't buy glasses :unsure: Not really sure how that works.

That measurement leads to poor customer service. It should be more along the lines of how many people you see who NEED new glasses go on to buy new glasses :angry: Those kinds of KPI's is what has caused poor service in so many call centres in this country.

I'm trapped by a small cat sitting on my lap :rolleyes: (well the smallest of the three anyway :laugh: )

Alex, well done, I much prefer Sainsburys food to Asda :flowers:

Evening

Sorry to hear you've been so poorly Marge. Hope you're back on your feet very soon :GroupHug:

:laugh: Snow you show them

Hope things improve quickly Steph. Very worrying :GroupHug:

Nice one Alex :flowers:

Washing machine - well erm did a drain cycle, nope wouldn't open, did a rinse cycle, nope didn't open. Not one to give up. Did another rinse cycle. Door opened but by this time was too late to do anything further with it. It hasn't spun the clothes very well but at least it's coughed them up. Burning question now is do I try putting another load in cos I've got tons of washing.

I love Sainsburys and rarely shop anywhere else. I'm ten miles away from the nearest supermarket, Sainsburys, and ten miles the other way to again, a Sainsburys. I hate Swindon and will not venture further into it unless I really have to :laugh:

I've had a productive day. I've been tidying my bedroom and having a thorough sort out of stuff. Got rid of loads and loads and loads of old paperwork, my shredder may keel over and die when it sees what I have in store for it :laugh: A built a new chest of drawers I bought in Ikea yesterday and a bedside table. The whole room needs painting whenever I get around to deciding what colour :rolleyes:

On Sunday Mr Hazell & his brother Bob are off up into the loft in search of our visitor who we can hear again. I've bought one of those sonic devices that are supposed to deter rodents so I hope he vacates the premises soon. They've got to clear it out anyway because we're having chaps over to insulate it properly soon and they've said it needs to be empty for that.

Owl, sounds like Wispa has had a lovely day, I hope you have too.

Marge, stay rested until you feel better, which will hopefully be soon x

Michelle, try someone elses clothes in it!!

Phebeojo, sounds like you have been very busy, good luck with ickle mousey

Sorry your meeting didn't go well Gooster :GroupHug:

Have just opened and shut the door of the machine a few times. It seems fine. That is til my next lot goes in. the shower started going cold on me this morning and the car has gone kaput too so I'm doing well this year :laugh:

Thanks guys :flowers: i still think that it should be based on how many return within 7 days to buy glasses, then it compensates for those people who come back at the weekend etc. It is difficult for them to judge our performance, but I didn't become an optometrist to be a sales person, I did it to help people :)

Nicks face was a picture :laugh: His mates loved it though especially the Trekkie one, we have had a great night, 2 games of Star Trek Scene It followed by watching the rugby, but even funnier was Nick pointing out that HIS friends had come round with HIM and yet to his right me and Sam were geeking out to Trek and computers, to his left Rob & Jamie were geeking out on Robs keyboard all of us totally oblivious to the fact he'd been videoing us on his phone for ages :laugh: