UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got water coming into the living room glare.gif I think it's the flashing down the side of the flat roof cos it has come away a bit and it looks like the water has got in behind it. Hopefully I can fix it myself, but it'll have to wait until we have some drier weather.

I've also got slugs coming into the living room from somewhere in a corner - I keep finding little ones in one corner.

Ewwww Alex, I hate slugs!

I texted Owl this morning to see which dog she was going to look for, only to hear she's had an accident and wasn't going anywhere. She slipped on muddy grass, landed halfway under her van and badly twisted her leg. I last heard a neighbour was taking her to the local A&E, fingers crossed it's nothing to serious! :unsure:

Hope that Owl is OK :unsure:

I bought myself a bread making book just before Christmas and am hooked on baking my own bread. The only thing slowing me down is that there is a limit to how quickly we can eat our way through the loaves that I'm turning out :laugh: - I'm not sure that the results are good enough to give away yet. I've currently got a sour dough starter fermenting in the airing cupboard, it's a bit like alchemy.

I am smitten by a picture of a new Oldies dog :wub:

Louie has a habit of bringing baby slugs in on his ears :wacko: He likes to go to the toilet concealed which usually means sticking his head into the bushes. Think he follows the philosophy of if he cant see you then you can see him :laugh:

Hope Phebe is okay.

Mouse is a babe and even though I probably read he was a medium sized crossbreed I still expected him to be ditty lol.

Its piddling down I have no intention of going out and they way I feel will probably be in bed before midnight. Bah humbug :laugh:

I had to move some adults on,who were setting off fireworks on the field outside the house, the dogs were terrified. they were nice about it. im turning the heating and TV up lol not much on, so watching the film porridge again

have a nice night xxxx

Owl is ok, thanks for your concern, but has a right leg which looks as if it belongs to an elephant. Right colour, too! 2 torn ligaments and a minor fracture caused by the ligaments scraping a bit of bone off. A&E say 6-8 weeks, but with arnica and Reiki and healing I bet it won't be that long. Won't be driving for a while though, which means I will have to make alternative arrangements for all kinds of things including mum's shopping. Luckily I stocked her fridge up the other day. My kind neighbour took me to hospital then came again to collect me, and Becky the mini horses' mum brought me some shopping. I think I will order a delivery from Morrisons though to stock up. Becky is taking Wispa for a walk tomorrow, she is one of the few people I know who will have no problem handling her if she acts silly.

I wasn't going to bother with A&E but just rest so see if it got better, but a friend texted me to say, it's New Years Eve so go now and beat the rush. Wise words!

A terrier who I was really concerned about has thankfully made his way home. I was certain he had gone to ground and was very worried as there was a real need for a canine nose. He came back this afternoon much the worse for wear, very thin, filthy, tick-infested, with claws worn down and minus a tooth.

A terrier who I was really concerned about has thankfully made his way home. I was certain he had gone to ground and was very worried as there was a real need for a canine nose. He came back this afternoon much the worse for wear, very thin, filthy, tick-infested, with claws worn down and minus a tooth.

These office parties get rougher every year :rolleyes: