UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all poorly peeps and hounds.

Good luck Loobie :flowers:

Have ended the week on a low at work, ho hum, heaven save us from the blame game when actually, it's the tenant who doesn't engage not me! :mad:

Ah well, two days off to chill now. :rolleyes:

My SS stuff has arrived, so I am just waiting on a couple of bits and pieces to start making up the parcels. I love doing this. Haven't bothered with any other Christmas shopping :laugh:

We have just booked to go

HERE

with Keith's sister and her husband. Having a Sunday roast. We had a sneaky peak last night and it looks quite nice, bit different to the normal restaurant. Just hope the food's ok, or she will never forgive us :laugh:

forgot to say, did anyone watch the programme on the Queens lost cousins? :unsure: I found it quite sad that they spent so many years locked up, and only had a pauper's grave.

I was also quite disturbed by the clips from old documentries, showing in-patients (at a different asylums) tied to posts for hours at a time, or fed through wire in compounds, as if they were in a zoo :mecry: how those people must have suffered all their lives :(

forgot to say, did anyone watch the programme on the Queens lost cousins? :unsure: I found it quite sad that they spent so many years locked up, and only had a pauper's grave.

I was also quite disturbed by the clips from old documentries, showing in-patients (at a different asylums) tied to posts for hours at a time, or fed through wire in compounds, as if they were in a zoo :mecry: how those people must have suffered all their lives :(

I watched that today too. Some of the treatment they dealt out was shocking - including being injected with drugs as punishment :( Did I hear right that there were infact 5 cousins in the Bowes-Lyon family who were considered 'imbeciles'? The behaviour of the young man seeking physical comfort reminded me of a young chimpanzee. Funnily I flicked over to CBBC to see an Autistic lad 'nesting' in his family home. We're not that different from the Apes really.......

Did I hear right that there were infact 5 cousins in the Bowes-Lyon family who were considered 'imbeciles'?

Yes there were five, but three were reported to have died. Can't remember the dates though :unsure:

I'm glad that man at the end has a better life now, making his own decisions. :flowers:

Yes there were five, but three were reported to have died. Can't remember the dates though :unsure:

I'm glad that man at the end has a better life now, making his own decisions. :flowers:

He was quite a character wasn't he? I did some admin work at our local 'assylum' and used to find it quite a peaceful place, but the offices were probably a good way away from the wards for a reason. Some of the case histories were very sad.

I vaguely noticed that people in shops who normally wear uniforms were dressed a bit strangely, but the penny didn't drop.

I am relieved to hear that Tia hasn't got liver disease but hope a diagnosis and treatment can be found soon. :GroupHug:

I am back online! It was the wireless connection, and the speed is so much faster via cable that I will simply add extensions and rearrange furniture to have it permanently set up that way. The laptop still has to go back at some point for stripping down to basics and having everything I need reloaded and all the rest removed. But for the weekend at least I have the net :biggrin:

Morning :tired:

Glad it's not liver disease San, hope you get to the bottom of it soon flowers.gif

Sorry you had a bad day at work Marge Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

The saddest thing is that this still goes on in other countries :(

off for my long awaited MRI on my hip in a minute.

trudy decided to have a go at freddie at 2am, funny that she can jump off the bed to do that, but not jump off in a morning..... im a tad tired now, and with this cold, just hope I dont sneeze in the machine :unsure: