UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

it was going too well wasnt it?

they came and took the wardrobe apart, that went easily

then the man and his young son came for the tv, up in lewis' room. got it to the top of the stairs easily. man decided is it easier to put it on the stairlift, so I brought it up with the remote. man decided it wouldnt go on it, so I went to send it back down. nope. got on and tryed. nope. after fiddling with it, I got man to go downstairs and look in my drawers for the winder, not there. so down I went. found it. man was winding the stairlift, are you winding it the right wayI asked, yes said the man. wouldnt move.

so man and son had to lift heavy old TV over the stairlift and down the windy stairs.

stairlift is now stuck at the top of the stairs so I have to hang onto the rails and come down backwards

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, hope you can get stairlift sorted asap.

Mum is less muddled today but is on ABs for urinary infection. We are having a real problem because she will not drink anything unless you stand over her and encourage her. :banghead:

lewis had mouse on the bed last night, no problem, let her out, she came back onto his bed and threw up, he wasnt happy

I didnt laugh ....... much

Just been to the boot sale, I got a wicker drawer set, love them things, and a seagrass box with a lid. a lovely little purse with dogs on, so a happy girl

Afternoon

Got my hair cut and a couple of mens sweatshirts to keep me warm as it's blooming frrreezing. Raining still so no chance of sorting garden out.

Waiting impatiently for a coat to turn up in the post for Scoobs. Ordered it first class Thursday so where is it then? He seems to be having trouble feeling when he's pooping as he seems to think he's despatched one before he actually has. I'm not sure what we can do about that as it's not something I've come across before. Don't suppose anyone else has? I'm assuming it's part of his back problem. He's on pain medication for arthritis.

Hope the stair lift is working now Jazz. Not funny if it isn't.

Hope the meds help your mum quickly Owl and that she does take on more fluids. :GroupHug:

where was I up to?

are you sitting comfy? lol

nice mans been to fix the stairlift. how the hell did it come off the rail and bend?

men have been to unblock the drains, but its not their department, so waiting for more men

im freezing!

and I know if I go for a wee they will come ...

Oh no, hope you can get stairlift sorted asap.

Mum is less muddled today but is on ABs for urinary infection. We are having a real problem because she will not drink anything unless you stand over her and encourage her. :banghead:

Owl, sorry to hear about your mums confusion again. Just a thought about your mum not drinking... what is it you are trying to get her to drink? I only ask as I have known of a couple of elderly people who have been having similar troubles and the problem was that they could were having trouble swallowing the liquid. There was something that they had put into the drink to thicken it up (sounds gross I know) but made it easier for them to swallow.. Maybe try thicker drinks and see if that helps? Milkshake, complan, soup.

Alex, hope you had a better 'dry' night. :flowers:

Michelle, have you thought about acupuncture for Scoobs back problem? No ideas otherwise. :GroupHug:

Alicia, I know I shouldn't laugh at your misfortunes but you have a fabulous way of telling your daily news. :laugh: Hope you have a hassle free day.

Headaches are not migraines (I do suffer with them so know them well) but come and go, mostly come. Recently havent been able to get rid of the damn things. Going to book appointment with docs on Monday though they will only say its stress which I don't think it is. :rolleyes:

I had a great night out last night with work colleagues and old friends/colleagues. Much needed as havent been out for months!

And a bit of very good news.... think hubbys mums house is sold so in a few weeks we might be able to reduce the price of ours to get out of here! :biggrin:

I knew it!

I looked out the door just before going up for a wee.saw the van turning round.

so I waddle round the corner in my fluffy slippers, its just starting to rain of course.

He turns the machine off as I get to him, ask if hes from thames water (who else would be sorting the drain? durrr)yes he says (thats a suprise!) will you need to knock I ask, no he says. he turns the key for the machine, nothing happens! I waddled back in quick!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do you think acupuncture would help with the numbness then Andrea? It's only happened last couple of days and he's perky enough otherwise.

Make sure you do get to docs on Monday as that's not right Andrea. You know your own body best so if you think it isn't stress then insist so that you can be checked out and receive appropriate treatment. :GroupHug:

I take it you waddled to the loo in time Jazz :laugh:

My mum is much better and pretty well rehydrated, thank you. She doesn't like Complan, does have soup and also a can of Nurishment milk drink every night. My sister has managed to get her to drink all kinds of things she turns her nose up at normally. She is on a short course of ABs 4 x daily, and only has 3 carer visits so I have to drive over there about 9 every eve to see she has it. Sister has gone home as working tomorrow. Going over shortly, feeling tired after long transport run with fog, traffic jams and getting a bit lost in Stockport. Really feel like going to bed with a good book and a warm puli.

Morning

Had a fabulous time in Scotland, then a few days in London seeing OH's family, and am now in Sussex seeing my family before heading back to France this evening. Am shattered with all the driving and visiting but it's been worth it.

Will try and catch up with everyone's news but have a :GroupHug:

if you need it while I do