UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

Morning :tired:

Drank the whole bottle of wine last night. I did take two painkillers and copious amounts of water before I went to bed, so I feel okay, just very tired and a bit spacey wacko.gif

Had a phone call last night to say my Gran died yesterday :( Sleep tight Gran, you were the only positive female role model I had in my life when I was growing up wub.gif

3-10.jpg

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

louie if very photogenic :wub:

Am getting seriously peeved that other people can't wait for me to give them info I actually haven't got myself and keep asking me for it. I have a right to a weekend as well. Grr.

I hope you told whoever it was where to go :flowers:

quote name='owl'

I was out of the house at 6.30 this morning, have been out in the dark this evening, and stink of garlic chicken, sardines and fox poo. The things we do for fun on Saturday nights in Derbyshire!

I hope the houndie is found safe and well :flowers:

Had a phone call last night to say my Gran died yesterday :( Sleep tight Gran, you were the only positive female role model I had in my life when I was growing up

3-10.jpg

Sorry to hear that Alex :GroupHug:

Morning :flowers:

I could hardly walk upright by the time I came home after a day at the allotment esterday. Took Jack and Cherry in the afternoon, it seemed a shame for them to be indoors on such a sunny day. Only going to stay half a day today, need to get stuff ready for work tomorrow.

The day didn't quite go as planned, a farmer asked us if we wanted some manure, so we said yes, but only a small load. He came back and dropped of this...

P1080129.jpg

Tis about five feet high and I spent the rest of the day taking barrowloads up and down to our allotment, which is way past the one behind the manure and then some! At this rate, I will have even shorter legs and long arms with knuckles trailing the floor :huh:

I only managed to shift this much

P1080152.jpg

Still, can't turn down a freebie :wink:

Alex :GroupHug: sorry to hear about your Gran.

No hound this morning, but nothing else either. Early days yet. A local Greyhound Gap volunteer is doing the evening visit, so I'm off the case until crack of dawn tomorrow unless hound goes into trap before then.

I don't think you'll have any problems getting the manure used up by the other allotment holders if you can't use it all

you're right, a couple of people asked for some today, so hopefully it might be all gone by next week. we've had more than enough for our needs. :flowers:

glad your arms looked ok Spins :flowers:

well, the people you see when you're hair needs washing and you're covered in horse muck. :unsure: Someone kindly gave us some slabs for a base for our shed, so now we only need one or two more. Decided to nip to the garden centre straight from the allotment as it's almost on the doorstep. We bumped into Jack's old owners, husband, wife and daughter, all nicely dressed and not smelling of poo! :blush02: had a nice chat about Jack and showed them some of yesterday's pics of him enjoying the allotment. I think their teenage daughter was most pleased, as she had been worried about him going blind. Now she knows he still enjoys life, it really cheered her up. :smile_anim:

Merledogs sorry to hear about your Gran - what a beautiful photo.

Houndzrus I think you were had with the "small" quantity of manure. Looks as if your dogs might have smelt very 'interesting' last night.

Spins4Me so pleased you managed to improve the looks of your arms, but did you have a good time?

Trallwm Farm- definitely going to try that - but another day. I am a somewhat sad person who likes cottage cheese. :D

Owl - sorry your dogs still on the loose - there's many a person out there who has good cause to be thankful for your determination in helping dogs on the loose.

Was up unsuitable early for a Sunday morning - for reasons not of my making - and now everyone is having Sunday afternoon snoozes and I am procrastinating about my Sunday afternoon admin by being here. So, I'm going to be off and do my admin. You never know, I might fit in a snooze too if I crack on with it.

Looks as if your dogs might have smelt very 'interesting' last night.

Was up unsuitable early for a Sunday morning

The dogs weren't the only ones who were a bit "fragrant" :laugh:

Hope you got a nap :flowers:

We're having Sunday tea out today partly to celebrate our wedding anniversary from last week.

Belated happy anniversary to you and Martyn :flowers: :flowers: