UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

I have just booked my flights to Sri Lanka for later this month and thanks to being a Gold card frequent flyer I have had a free upgrade to business for my return flight from Dubai to London on the fantastic A380 Airbus

I as many people know don't like flying ( commute to Australia is going to be a bummer ) but flying business on a free upgrade does make the whole experience a little easier to cope with

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just booked my flights to Sri Lanka for later this month and thanks to being a Gold card frequent flyer I have had a free upgrade to business for my return flight from Dubai to London on the fantastic A380 Airbus

I as many people know don't like flying ( commute to Australia is going to be a bummer ) but flying business on a free upgrade does make the whole experience a little easier to cope with

It's certainly tedious Sam, business when possible definitely the way to go :flowers: Sis says if you want to visit Ballarat, feel free. I can give you her number, are you going to take Sirius with you??

Wow!! The business class on those planes looks amazing!!! Will certainly make the flight more pleasant!!

I have had upgrades before ( and paid once as I needed to get heavy veterinary equipment out that they could do for me as a business passenger ) and it is rather swish

Re your brothers Girl Friend I think Grandma Squirrels 2nd bit of advice ( c*** a deaf un ) will work best for, try not to let her upset you flowers.gif not everyone we meet in life is as nice as we would like or acts in a way that is fair and decent

Sam x

It's certainly tedious Sam, business when possible definitely the way to go :flowers: Sis says if you want to visit Ballarat, feel free. I can give you her number, are you going to take Sirius with you??

oooh fantastic thank you , I am hoping to fly out feb/march now ( giving me time to get my Dogstar bits in order first ) and yes I will take Sirius with me ( hope I don't get sacked as a result ) and it would be nice for him to finally meet your sister flowers.gif

Oh yes...just for you Sam

IMG_5300.jpg

The old tram which does a tourist tour

IMG_5286.jpgThe new trams

IMG_5297.jpg

Not Southern cross, but fabulous looking station

and...two views of Southern Cross station

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

oh my Flinders Street and Southern Cross :jumpy: I currently have all the signalling diagrams for both stations in my office and the entire system timetable ( 439 pages ) just for light reading

I am soooo looking forward to visiting both stations :jumpy:

I managed to embarrass my son at the pictures this afternoon, we went to see TRON 3D - the first time I've actually forked out to see a cinema film in 3D so I had my glasses on ready when Pearl & Dean started - very first advert a bloke kicked a football right at my face so naturally I shrieked and ducked to the sound of "ohhhh motherrrrrrrr" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Very dissapointed with TRON apart from the fact it's naff really naff (and I'm a huge TRON geek) it wasn't really 3D they'shot 90% of the movie in 2D before the 3D craze took off so the vast majority of the film is 2D and the only 3D bits they added were depth shots - there wasn't a single solitary bit where anything was in front of the screen, I saw more of the real 3D stuff in the trailers and adverts before the film than I did in the film itself. but at least I know now that my bad eye doesn't stop me from being able to see in 3D.

The Sky 3D trailer is the only decent thing I've seen in 3D. I even sat through four years of Avatar and the Sky trailer still looked better!

As for Tron it was a complete waste of time releasing it in 3D, when we got the brief through for it's release it said in giant capitals that only the live action sequences were shot in 3D and any complaints had to be forwarded onto the film company :rolleyes: Always a sign of a naff film when briefs like that come through, Disney clearly knew Tron would bum at the Box Office so produced a shoddy 3D version for some extra cash at Christmas!

I hate the hype around 3D films they are over rated, over priced and the glasses give me a headache.

Morning :tired: I was woken up at 6.30 to the sound of Taffy puking in the bedroom :sick01: Won't be feeding them lamb bones again in a hurry - last time I did Beau and Timmy had dire rear and now Taffy being sick. I wondered what was wrong with him when he came for cuddles in the middle of the night - normally he just sleeps down the bottom of the bed but he was obviously poorly and wanted his mummy :wub: