UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

:GroupHug: Gooster , you have a right to defend yourself :flowers: and to be honest your mum should support you, provided you don't start it! as for being upset at being called a cow :laugh: :laugh: she needs to grow up :laugh: i think most of us here would have given up trying with her long ago (or slapped her :laugh: )

i am bored!!!!!!!! :dry:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooster why not try a different approach with your brothersgirlfreind ?

why not tell her you find it rude that she makes negative comments about your family dogs, ask her why she says the dog is horrible ? could she be scared of dogs ?

a regular guest to my house a few years ago was scared of my dogs and never told me as they did not want to cause offence , once they had told me ( and I felt so sorry she had suffered in silence for months ) I was able to remove the dogs from the room and re introduce them at the level the person could cope with and within a few months she was best of friends with my dogs and was able to enjoy their company. Same person now brings her children to my house so they can interact with dogs

Like Grandma Squirrel says you catch more bees with honey rather than vinegar ( or something like that )

Your mum is likely to be trying to keep the peace in her house , equally this girl is currently an important part of her sons life she will not want to cause rifts that can become voids , families fall out and stay fallen out for a lot less

we all say and do things we regret , from personal experience name calling no matter how satisfying at the time rarely solves anything ( and trust me I have been there )

flowers.gif Sam " I have said shedloads I regret over the years" Squirrel

Had a lovely walk with the dogs, met new doggie friends and some old ones :wub:

Have done some studying and been to the shop cos I had a craving for McVities digestives and fruit and nut chocolate. Haven't started on the chocolate yet, but me and the dogs have polished off a small packet of digestives.

The thing is I know she isn't scared of dogs as she will happily cuddle and fuss the other 3 dogs, it's just Charlie she has a problem with. As far as I know he has never done anything to her, but she will kick him away if he goes near her and then call Amber or Ted over for a fuss.

Over the last 18 months they have been going out, I have quietly tolerated it, bought her christmas presents and tried to be friends. When we were working in the same shopping centre, I asked her if she wanted to meet for lunch one day, but she refused. I have never said anything horrid to her until the other day when she just came out with the nasty comment about Charlie, at which point I lost my rag with her.

I know what you mean about keeping the peace and trying not to cause rifts, but at the end of the day I can't sit back and accept all the insults she throws at me. Dad told me that she has said some nasty stuff to him as well, but he just ignored her, which I find it difficult to do.

Ah well, am back to work tomorrow, so will be going home and will only have to come back here if I want to.

I've been for a swim (!!!!!)and to the big garden centre to get Spinoni supplies - lots of fish, tripe and heart. Now sitting by the fire trying to get warm - the garden centre was flippin' freezing.

Re the hidden dog v*mit - it was definitely Flo. She stinks but is otherwise well. I don't want to bath her but she's not nice to know right now and is banned from the living room. Any suggestions of how to make her a little more fragrant will be gratefully received. :flowers:

A belated Happy New Year to everyone. Ours was quiet with only a couple of short bursts of fireworks to upset the dogs.

We had our Christmas/New Year celebrations with my brother's family plus my parents yesterday & I am still muchly annoyed and upset. Those of you who know me will know that we had 3 dogs until losing Jester to lung cancer just over 7 weeks ago.

We had to get up early & walk Toffee & Hobie as they were not welcome & "presents before lunch" was dictated to fit around the children's naps. On arrival we got a tiny bit of mud on the carpet from our shoes which my brother insisted on scrubbing immediately which didn't exacly make us feel great. My first present was 3 rope dog toys - I felt like I'd been stabbed through the heart opening that. How insensitive can you be!

As we sat down to dinner the wine he'd selected was called "Jester" - I'd never seen it before and felt like I was in the middle of a living nightmare with a cunning plan to drive me insane. :mecry:

I am so glad that day is over.

The thing is I know she isn't scared of dogs as she will happily cuddle and fuss the other 3 dogs, it's just Charlie she has a problem with. As far as I know he has never done anything to her, but she will kick him away if he goes near her and then call Amber or Ted over for a fuss.

Over the last 18 months they have been going out, I have quietly tolerated it, bought her christmas presents and tried to be friends. When we were working in the same shopping centre, I asked her if she wanted to meet for lunch one day, but she refused. I have never said anything horrid to her until the other day when she just came out with the nasty comment about Charlie, at which point I lost my rag with her.

I know what you mean about keeping the peace and trying not to cause rifts, but at the end of the day I can't sit back and accept all the insults she throws at me. Dad told me that she has said some nasty stuff to him as well, but he just ignored her, which I find it difficult to do.

Ah well, am back to work tomorrow, so will be going home and will only have to come back here if I want to.

Can you sit down with your parents and maybe your brother and discuss it as a family , maybe say that regardless of who says what to who that kicking Charlie out of the way is not acceptable as a starter for ten.

I would say Grandma Squirrels other piece of advice about "cocking a deaf un" might work better for you flowers.gif ,

Sam

P.s out of interest who owns Charlie vs the other 3 dogs she does like ?

Hmm, nice theory Trudi. We have never really got on brilliantly, but I have always bitten my lip and not risen to the bait.

Charlie and Ted are my dogs, Shara is mum's dog. Amber was my brother's dog until he got a girlfriend, but now he has a girlfriend, Amber spends most of her time sitting on the wrong side of his bedroom door crying to be let in (even if they are not doing anything naughty the door is shut) When his girlfriend isn't here, my brother is at her house, so Amber gets very little contact with her dad now :(

I managed to embarrass my son at the pictures this afternoon, we went to see TRON 3D - the first time I've actually forked out to see a cinema film in 3D so I had my glasses on ready when Pearl & Dean started - very first advert a bloke kicked a football right at my face so naturally I shrieked and ducked to the sound of "ohhhh motherrrrrrrr" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Very dissapointed with TRON apart from the fact it's naff really naff (and I'm a huge TRON geek) it wasn't really 3D they'shot 90% of the movie in 2D before the 3D craze took off so the vast majority of the film is 2D and the only 3D bits they added were depth shots - there wasn't a single solitary bit where anything was in front of the screen, I saw more of the real 3D stuff in the trailers and adverts before the film than I did in the film itself. but at least I know now that my bad eye doesn't stop me from being able to see in 3D.

Whizzie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Jayne Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Poor Amber - I presume he/Amber still live with your parents, so at least she isn't left on her own for hours on end. If any partner of mine acted like that around anyone's dogs, he'd be out on his arse so quick his feet wouldn't touch the ground.

RMF : I couldn't go the usual way to the fields this morning because the top of the road where it joins the main road was cordoned off, as was a part of the main road. Lots of Police around, no ambulances. Looks like a major incident.

The road was still cordoned off this morning - have just checked the local paper online and it says someone was stabbed to death there early New Year's Day :(

Alex, how awful :(

Whizzie, I'm sorry you had such a rubbish time :GroupHug:

Jayne, what a tricky situation. It almost sounds as if she wants to cause a rift in the family. I know from experience what a minefield it is tip toeing around in-laws who seem determined to cause trouble where there was none before.