UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

hope whatever is wrong is cheap and easily fixed merledogs :flowers:

i have been up all night...again :rolleyes: too much stuff going on in my head..... don't normally have sleepless nights due to thoughts... dogs decided it was breakfast time at 5 am :laugh: well at least i have kind of tidied the house up :biggrin:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Woke up stupidly early and couldn't get back to sleep. Am knackered and a tad grumpy.

We have critters living in our floor and I am going to have to sort it out. Have had a look in several places but can't see signs, but hear them all over :mecry:

Have been to the garage to collect my car. It's had the alternator belt replaced - £75 which wasn't too painful.

Whilst waiting for my car I spring cleaned the kitchen. I got my Breville sandwich toaster down off the top of the cupboard. Another gadget I bought and hardly used rolleyes.gif so put it to good use. I now have a toasted sarnie made with Nimble bread, thinly sliced ham and a sprinkling of LowLow cheese. It's yummy and only about 300 cals max.

Edited by merledogs

abby, don't put poison under the floorboards, if they die under the floorboards and crawl off to die you are screwed because the stink is horrible (i speak from experience).... ours was a rat who impaled itself on a nail :rolleyes: my mates was poisoned by the council yet managed to die under her bed.

glad the bill wasn't too steep for you merledogs... if you had been near me i would have shown you how to do it :biggrin:

i am back from the tattooist..... i am finally getting my life back! no more trying to hide my arms from the theatre staff and doctors :biggrin: , no more awkwardness when people ask me about my tattoos..... i will be able to wear short sleeve t-shirts instead of sweltering in the heat! and best of all i leave the past behind me, i am having little lily type flowers in purples and blues, the chap has done several of my friends and i have been impressed and he was really helpful and measured and re-measured the area.... god i'm excited :thumbsup_anim: new year... new griff :laugh:

Morning :tired:

Woke up stupidly early and couldn't get back to sleep. Am knackered and a tad grumpy.

We have critters living in our floor and I am going to have to sort it out. Have had a look in several places but can't see signs, but hear them all over :mecry:

You really need to find out where they are getting in as no matter how many you kill others will take their place.

We had mice scrabbling in out bedroom walls at night. They were getting in from the garage. Once we blocked up the holes no more mice.

Griff - don't forget the photos when you have your noo tats flowers.gif I have a small one on my stomach which I want to have covered up with butterflies - bit like the one below, but am waiting until I lose more weight.

stomach_butterfly.jpg

Don't want to end up looking like this though laugh.gif

ever_wonder_what_happened_to_those_cute_and_crazy_hippie_girls_that_did_drugs_in_the_60s-cf12.jpg

CSJ delivery man has been - didn't bother knocking, just left the bags out front. Good job I checked rolleyes.gif

Have fed the birdies and done a couple of work calls - got a conference call at 2.30 and then I can enjoy my supposed day off.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my god that lady has some bottle!

i will try my very best to take a piccie, will perhaps have to wait until the scabs come off? i know what you mean about the stomach thing, i have always fancied one but i worried that if i had kids it will ruin it (quite a few artists won't do young womens stomachs incase they ruin their work by getting pregnant!)my mate had a dolphin...pregnant with twins it looked like a killer whale :laugh: i might pay him another visit later in the year....shhhh don't tell as i did say no more :laugh:

abby, don't put poison under the floorboards, if they die under the floorboards and crawl off to die you are screwed because the stink is horrible (i speak from experience).... ours was a rat who impaled itself on a nail :rolleyes: my mates was poisoned by the council yet managed to die under her bed.

You really need to find out where they are getting in as no matter how many you kill others will take their place.

We had mice scrabbling in out bedroom walls at night. They were getting in from the garage. Once we blocked up the holes no more mice.

Thanks guys :flowers: In our last place the landlord used a poison in the neighbouring flat which made the rats go off to find water before dying, so I was considering that. THe problem with filling in holes is that we are renovating our building and it's in such shoddy condition that there will be about 4000 holes :rolleyes: Not sure what to do about that. I will try to figure out what parts of the floor they are definitely using first before deciding what to d. They are driving me mad and I'm worried that (a) they will eat through something important and (b) eventually they will find their way downstairs into the pub at which point I will probably faint.

BTW my loaf went horribly wrong this morning. I forgot to put the paddle in the bottom of the breadmaker pan so nothing got stirred and all I ended up with was a flat brick of unmixed water and flour. Duh.

get a can of expanding foam :flowers: a little goes a very long way, we did the whole of our kitchen which is larger than most on about half a can...... turns out they were coming through from next door :rolleyes: i think that basically if you can get a biro lid in a hole a mouse can come through it :unsure: put some traps along the walls/ joists as mice follow the walls apparently, we tried humane traps and ultrasonic thingys but unfortunately they didn't work and we had to resort to proper traps :mecry:

Kat, your cousins daughter definately has talent! What a stunning picture! :biggrin:

Not been on here for a while, well to post anyway. Had some really bad news at Christmas so have just been posting mundane drivel on FB and trying not to be miserable. Had a quick catch up on the threads so:

Spins, when you have finished your kitchen, can you please come and do mine? We have a house viewer on Friday but I don't have time to get the house ready. :(

Sorry to hear you've had bad news. :GroupHug: This is always a good place to offload stuff.

Re the kitchen - I'd be happy to do yours instead of mine. Mine is only going to need doing again in a couple of days - so I might just as well leave it to fester. :laugh: