UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tad excited then :rolleyes:

Just a tad :D whilst I have seen Wales play at the Millenium a few times I have never been able to get tickets for Wales vs England before, either it's been a total sell out or the only ones I got offered were too expensive. Much as I love my rugby and much as I have always wanted to be there when we play England I generally balk at the cost - last year they wanted £65 each plus booking fee per ticket so just for the tickets I'd have to fork out £140 add to that parking & travel and a program and we're at £200 for one game :ohmy: They always have just a few priced cheaper but as a rule the touts nab those straight away but luckily I've been keeping a close eye on ticketmaster today and was able to grab some plus the fact that this isn't a 6 Nations game means demand wasn't quite as high as usual when they went on sale this afternoon, though I suspect it will sell out. We've decided we will have earned a treat by then as it's the weekend after Nick & Vicky's wedding and it'll make up for the fact we'll miss the first game against England which kicks off at the same time as they are being married :rolleyes: :laugh:

I have ordered some from ebay , its for my sponsored sri lankan mountain climb

last time I did it my legs when very wobbly about 3/4 of the way up and I am hoping the KMC will help give me the boost I need as the last section is torture sheer bloody torture

Plus I think if Romneys Kendal Mint cake was good enough for Sir Edmund on Everest its good enough for Sam Squirrel on Adams Peak laugh.gif

Perhaps the makers may sponser you if you provide photos for their website.

Morning RMF-ers.

Just having a catch up her - so guess I will now forget everything I've read.

Phoebejo - love your Robin

HLGS - I think you need a supply of Mrs B's flapjack as well. :wink:

Liz - sorry your family have been so insensitive - and don't forget I'm always around for information when you join the deaf dog owners association. :biggrin:

Welsh Cakes. Got me going too. No bakestone here, but I do have a griddle. Off to find a recipe.

No more snow here. Just very soggy outside. Losing battle to keep the mud outside and the carpets looking anything other than brown.

Off to tackle house jobs. That always requires a major kick up backside.

After all the talk of welshcakes yesterday I got the bakestone out and made lots and lots last night - the boys were standing waiting for them to come off hot and eat them. We have NO welshcakes now :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Sam that is a great idea from Lesley, I would expect they would do that.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to everyone

Sam - missus Yantan sent me some chocolate covered Kendal mint cake once, it was divine :wub:

Its almost worth climbing the fecking mountain to get to eat the choccie covered Kendal Mint Cake biggrin.gif

Hope study centre is as good as it can be

That is a very Big Hill Sam :ohmy:

Its a MOUNTAIN a really BIG ONE , okay as mountains go its not that big but its bigger than the ones we have in the UK !

Mount Everest 29035 ft

K 2 28251ft

Mont Blanc 15782 ft

Adams Peak 7539 ft

Ben Nevis 4409 ft

Snowdon 3560 ft

Hope things are okay with your Mum staying with you flowers.gif

HLGS - I think you need a supply of Mrs B's flapjack as well. :wink:

I think we do biggrin.gif how long does it last for if kept in a airtight tin ?

After all the talk of welshcakes yesterday I got the bakestone out and made lots and lots last night - the boys were standing waiting for them to come off hot and eat them. We have NO welshcakes now :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Sam that is a great idea from Lesley, I would expect they would do that.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to everyone

I have no welshcakes either mecry.gif

its 12.30 and im going to have to turn the lights on, its near black in here

I sent off for eukanuba samples ages ago, something extra to feed the foster, anyway, its come, in a lovely pink and black container with dogs on, its really nice. I had put one in mothers name so hope her one comes. as they have a million treats, ill have something to put them in lol

Afternoon. Slept in til 12. Thought I was knackered.

Hope the studying goes well Alex.

Hope the month goes well Jules.

Which surf are you taking with you to carry your huge pile of kendal cake & flapjacks Sam. :laugh:

It snowed here yesterday but thankfully didn't stick and it's a lovely sunny day now. Still a bit cold but it is January. Garden is very soggy though.

Fergus has had a bath. Boy did he need it. He's even more scrumptious than usual now. :wub:

Had a dream that Marge had been on holiday in South Africa and brought me some toys (balls and things) and a roast dinner back. I was thrilled. Then there was some kind of community thing where we lived with all the locals who pinched all my toys and started playing with them. I lost my temper and wouldn't speak to anyone. Then no-one would speak to me because they pointed out I was always arguing with everyone so they had enough of me. The roast dinner was lovely though. :laugh: Thanks Marge

Have been paying Oldies bills. Need to hit the cleaning in a mo.

Edited by Jacobean

Been for a walk up Garth mountain today and can already feel my muscles aching. Took a tumble on the way down when I slipped on some mud covered my leaves and have jarred my shoulder. At this point I had Louie on lead so was concentrating more on him than my footing. Seat of jeans totally covered in mud and my friend laughed at me. Charming!

I am away to pick up my mum shortly, she is coming off the caravan site and staying here for a month. :ohmy: I can do hard things, I can do hard things, I can do hard things........

Hope you have a nice time with your mum :flowers:

Whizzie - I think we need photos :wub:

Amy - for your ouches :GroupHug:

Long day at college, home now so can relax. Didn't fancy anything in the freezer so am having toast with tuna paste for tea.

Edited by merledogs