UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

dex cat has had his vet visit..... he has a shaved bum had an antibiotic jab and if he is not better thursday he has to go back on friday..... i was in with the vet about 1 minute and it cost me £26 i will be trying to book with my nice vet...cat didn't even get a check over

:ohmy: Which vets do you use?

because I have six. Six cats eat a lot!

We do have a fair few tins though, so I don't think they will starve.

I hope you get something soon :flowers:

Trains have been suspeneded until further notice. Its going to be a long cold trudge home.

:GroupHug:

NotveryRMF : It's a year today since Milly died :mecry: I have started a thread in doggie chat.

:GroupHug:

Hope everyone gets safely home tonight :flowers:

I'm still not right, so have booked the rest of my leave for the year. I now finish work at lunchtime on Wednesday, so I only have to make it till then :unsure:

A colleague who I had worked with for various tenants over the last couple of years sadly took her own life at the weekend. Although she was not a close friend it is still a shock, she always seemed so "together", but there have been recent family upsets, a separation from OH and depression. So sad for her children. :(

I'm so glad to be home now and getting doggy cuddles :wub:

I'm still not right, so have booked the rest of my leave for the year. I now finish work at lunchtime on Wednesday, so I only have to make it till then :unsure:

A colleague who I had worked with for various tenants over the last couple of years sadly took her own life at the weekend. Although she was not a close friend it is still a shock, she always seemed so "together", but there have been recent family upsets, a separation from OH and depression. So sad for her children. :(

Hope you have a lovely resting break Marge, and manage to make it to Wednesday Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

So sad about your colleague Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Doggie cuddles are a cure all wub.gif

RMF : The boys are all having a smoked cows ear each.

Evening. has been so cold today. Not many made it in to work due to illness and the weather.

Marge I'm so sorry. It's a helluva shock when someone does that and it's quite often people you really wouldn't think would. :GroupHug: Get yourself off to the docs and have plenty of rest.

Alex :GroupHug:

Urrrggggggggggg sitting here not a happy bunny, hubby doesn't want me to even try and get to work, I emailed the boss last night to ask about whether I can get into the village or not and he hasn't replied. Main roads should be fine so I'm not bothered about those but there simply is no way in or out of the village without going up and down hill and theres not a snowballs chance any of them will have been gritted for days. I'd be nervous if my car was a manual but it's an automatic and I simply don't have the same control options as a manual, every bit of advice for snow driving says use the clutch and stay off the brakes - well ummm hello no clutch? :wacko: on top of that the boss and all 4 kids have what sounds a lot like flu so the house will be full of lurgy even if I make it in and I do NOT need another cold let alone flu over Xmas. Arrrrgggggggggggg

:GroupHug: Amy

I've decided to work from home today - made it into work yesterday fine, but left early so I could get home before it was dark.  It's my last day before I'm off for nearly two weeks, and there is a lurgy going round the office, so have decided I'm best to try and stay away if I can.

Snow, I reckon you should stay home - the roads don't sound safe, and you don't want to catch the flu in time for Christmas!

Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Amy, thinking of you today.

Marge, I am so sorry, that is devastating, I feel for you :GroupHug:

Snow, stay home and stay safe!

Not been on Refuge much, caught up with pound dog transport and searches for missing dogs. I think there is some kind of festival about to happen, will probably catch up with it some time in February :laugh: But anyway, tis Solstice today and from now on the days get longer, increasing by the length of a cockerel's footstep each day as they say in Ceredigion. Wonder how they worked that one out? :unsure: Could be minutes to inches or something.

Just spoke to the boss and am going to try and go in but with instructions to turn back if I dont like the look of the hills theres no rush and I can take my time - apparently last night someone from one of the farms did grit the big hill but boss hasnt been out this morning to see what its like at the moment :wacko: boss thinks I'd have far more trouble if I were to try and go over to one of the church wardens houses later which is where I'm supposed to be having a xmas thank you lunch - thats gonna get cancelled then :rolleyes: