UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Thanks everyone for the good wishes , as time zones are involved we are not expecting any feedback today ( well not today here anyway ! )

any and all advice gratefully received flowers.gif . I did put in it was negotiable ( as part of a package ) so hopefully that will work in my favour

HLGS I'm keeping everything crossed for you! :D

(makes walking v difficult!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Healing thoughts being sent to you and Keith's BIL :GroupHug:

Hope his recovery is swift :flowers:

RMF : I am rather loving my new door curtain :wub: Not everybody's cup of tea I'm sure, but I think it's gorjuss.

P1030216.jpg

P1030218.jpg

I luvs door curtains, they make you feel right cosy, you can get special rods for them so the door can open and close without having to draw the curtains open.

This morning in Sri Lanka we lost our foster pup Fudge to Parvo , our clinic services have been relocated to to a local village hall whilst the house and equipment is totally disinfected

fudge.jpg

Dogstar+days+12+Dec+2010+009.jpg

Back in the UK things are not great dog wise either , Just got back from Mums , Gracie Squirrel is not a well at all. She has some health problems but basically tonight she has let us know she has had enough and I am calling the Vets first thing in the morning to take her in for her final journey. Rather bittersweet as tomorrow is her 14th Birthday.

Grandma Squirrel is as you can imagine in floods of tears already

Pointers are not my favourite dog for this reason. Without being indelicate, Ive seen an owner bitten and bullied by one.

If you happen to be referring to my little madam, she wouldn't have got that way if I had had her from the start and if she hadn't obviously had an owner at some point who encouraged rough play. Two years ago, she would try to bite me if she didn't get her own way and if I slipped and fell she would beat me up. Yesterday I tripped over something and came a real cropper, and she came to me and kissed my face and helped me get back on my feet. They do grow up and get really nice ... eventually. But I agree GSPs and GWPs and some of their crosses are only dogs for the very dedicated.

Sam, I just read back and saw your news. So sorry :GroupHug:

If you happen to be referring to my little madam, she wouldn't have got that way if I had had her from the start and if she hadn't obviously had an owner at some point who encouraged rough play. Two years ago, she would try to bite me if she didn't get her own way and if I slipped and fell she would beat me up. Yesterday I tripped over something and came a real cropper, and she came to me and kissed my face and helped me get back on my feet. They do grow up and get really nice ... eventually. But I agree GSPs and GWPs and some of their crosses are only dogs for the very dedicated.

Yes I was and yes I know. Whispa has grown up a lot but there was a point where anything was on her hit list but Ive never seen a dog deliberately target one person like she did you.

She is a very lucky dog that you stuck with her because clearly her previous family,having allowed her to get like it, then abandoned her.

Sam I am so sorry to read about Fudge. There is another special star in the sky tonight.

Please let Grranma Squiggs know that I am thinking of her at this sad time. Gracie couldn't have had a better mum. :GroupHug:

Sam, I just read back and saw your news. So sorry :GroupHug:

Used to have a GSP (he now lives with my ex) At 16 months he was the dog from hell. It was a real battle of wills. Thank goodness I was more stubborn than he was. But I can remember that he shredded 3 of my coats in a week......while I was wearing them. Just because I wouldn't let him have his own way!!!:rolleyes: Patience, kindness and keeping to the same rules helped. But he was not an easy dog. Still isn't at 14.

Big :GroupHug: s to anyone having a rough time.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up very well. There is a black cloud that I keep trying to keep away.

Edited by greys mum