UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

My entire day disappeared into the Xmas black hole :wacko: I have spent it wrapping pressies, writing cards and writing the annual end of year round up letter that gets sent out to friends we don't get to see very often. I honestly didn't think we had bought that many presents :wacko: when you are hiding the blinking things in various places during the run up you lose track of just how many there are needing to be wrapped until they all reappear in a pile on the lounge floor ready to be done :wacko: but they are ALL now packed up and labelled including a huge pile for Nog who knows they are for him and who has spent the entire afternoon trying to convince me that it's xmas day today so he should be allowed to open at least one of them - honestly he's worse than when Nick was small :laugh: I swear he's counted them and knows exactly how many he's got :laugh:

Random Cooking Question: when you roast a piece of meat do you put anything in the bottom of the roasting tin? I always put water and seasoning and cover with tinfoil but it never goes crispy, how do get it crispy on top? :wacko:

Depending on what it is you are cooking.

Brush with oil or rub salt into rind. Dont put foil on because it traps moisture.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO LIVES IN BANGOR ???

A charity needs something collected by a kind person.

Dad just got a call from the hospital to say that my gran is really poorly and may not make it through the night. She is 86 and has had alzheimers for 10 years, mum and dad have gone to hospital to be with her. As much as I love her, I feel like we lost her years ago.

Dad just got a call from the hospital to say that my gran is really poorly and may not make it through the night. She is 86 and has had alzheimers for 10 years, mum and dad have gone to hospital to be with her. As much as I love her, I feel like we lost her years ago.

:GroupHug: for you all

Know what you mean about losing your gran years ago because of alzheimers - feel the same about my mum who has dementia - cruel disease :sad02:

Morning :tired:

Random Cooking Question: when you roast a piece of meat do you put anything in the bottom of the roasting tin? I always put water and seasoning and cover with tinfoil but it never goes crispy, how do get it crispy on top? :wacko:

Never heard of putting water in the bottom of the roasting tin unsure.gif I like to leave it to cook in it's own fat. If you are putting water and then covering it, you are effectively steaming it, so it won't go crispy flowers.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Know what you mean about losing your gran years ago because of alzheimers - feel the same about my mum who has dementia - cruel disease :sad02:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

My gran's the same - last time I went to see her she had no idea who I was :sad02:

RMF : Day off today :partytime:

:GroupHug:

It must be the time of year or something. We had a similar call yesterday afternoon and my grandma died during the night. She was 96 and suffering from numerous physical and mental health problems, so it might sound cold hearted but I do see it as more of a release than a sad event.

Not the way that I planned to start the week really :rolleyes:

It must be the time of year or something. We had a similar call yesterday afternoon and my grandma died during the night. She was 96 and suffering from numerous physical and mental health problems, so it might sound cold hearted but I do see it as more of a release than a sad event.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

:GroupHug:

Not the way that I planned to start the week really :rolleyes:

It is very sad but they have lived through wars, seen more people die that they know than still live and I think often they are ready to go themselves.

I reckon Rainbow bridge for them must be a lifetime of memories and people.

Finally their thoughts are clear as they meet their parents and friends and pets and anyone else that thought well of them.