UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Since I'm Outed In The Real...

Abby

I yam having a BABY

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm a bit pleased, can you tell :laugh: ?

I'm only 10 1/2 weeks at the moment, but it's the worst kept secret round here and today my mum confessed she's told about 40,000 people too!

Bit of a long story, but essentially we wanted to start trying last year but someone mentioned the word tumour (boooooo :dry: ) and so activities ceased. First half of this year was all about biopsies and then removal of my bone tumour and because they were going to be scanning me regularly babies seemed to be years away :mecry:

But then we saw my consultant in August and he said because I have a metal plate in over the bone hole they can't start scanning until that is removed later next year. So, he says, if you want a baby go away and shag like bunnies (yes, he really is that blunt :wink: ) and make it happen within a year or so.

I really thought there was no chance. I'm no spring chicken, hubby less so and we'd never tried before. But it has :cool: .

I never normally ask for good thoughts for things but if you have any to spare please please ask this baby to stick around, I don't really have time on my side to make another :flowers:

Oh, and another thing. Whoever called it morning sickness should be slapped really hard. More like 24 hours a day sickness so bad that you can't eat or drink without turfing your stomach lining up into the toilet (sorry, bit graphic). I spent the last 24 hours on a sline drip in hospital because I was starving (literally) and dehydrated. That bit of pregnancy sucks and I want to start blooming now please!

Anyhoo, there you go. First scan is on Thursday which is Immensely Exciting.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic