UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

owl glad to hear your mum is feeling better :biggrin:

merledogs glad you have been paid what you are owed :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Houndzrus..... will be thinking of you today.

i have had hardly any sleep....still deaf in the right ear (the one that got operated on yesterday) have awful pain and brown discharge coming out of it :unsure: :unsure:

diez has had one of her birthday prezzies and half killed it already :laugh: she has another 2 later on and i have made her a curry as a treat :laugh:

Great start to the fecking day ... hubbys just rang to say he's been involved in a crash on his way to work :mecry: he's OK a bit shaken up but he's more upset by the fact that despite him being in the right some bloke pulled up and told the woman who hit him that he would be a witness on her behalf! If it's happened where I think it's happened theres no way that it can be hubbys fault - he was in the right hand lane, that lane closes and filters into the left hand lane, the woman on his inside not only refused to give way she apparently sped up so he had nowhere to go except into the barrier or into the side of her car. How on earth can anyone possibly say the car on the left wasn't at fault? Highway code says you must give way to your right!!!!! The damage to both cars is consistant with hubbys story, ours is scraped and smashed all down the left side, hers all down her right side and apparently her front bumper is hanging off so it should be pretty damned clear who is at fault then along comes this bloke who wasn't even involved and says he'll say it was hubbys fault!! How the f*** does that work??? And thats just gonna cause all kinds of problems with the insurance!

Great start to the fecking day ... hubbys just rang to say he's been involved in a crash on his way to work :mecry: he's OK a bit shaken up but he's more upset by the fact that despite him being in the right some bloke pulled up and told the woman who hit him that he would be a witness on her behalf! If it's happened where I think it's happened theres no way that it can be hubbys fault - he was in the right hand lane, that lane closes and filters into the left hand lane, the woman on his inside not only refused to give way she apparently sped up so he had nowhere to go except into the barrier or into the side of her car. How on earth can anyone possibly say the car on the left wasn't at fault? Highway code says you must give way to your right!!!!! The damage to both cars is consistant with hubbys story, ours is scraped and smashed all down the left side, hers all down her right side and apparently her front bumper is hanging off so it should be pretty damned clear who is at fault then along comes this bloke who wasn't even involved and says he'll say it was hubbys fault!! How the f*** does that work??? And thats just gonna cause all kinds of problems with the insurance!

your insurance will fight your corner,thats what you pay them for.

Both hubby and I are home, hubby is actually far more shaken up than he first thought (that'll be the adrenalin) so has come home. Our car is not that badly damaged as far as we can see - the wing mirror is smashed to pieces and dangling from the wires theres a small dent in the passenger door hardly noticeable where the mirror seems to have impacted, and theres scratches all along the wheel arch and front wing. We aren't going to bother to claim since theyd just write it off so we'll live with the scratches - we've just been up to the garage and they'll take the mirror off our old car (good thing we hadn't scrapped it yet) which means we will have a bright red mirror on the sky blue car :wacko: while they are at it they can also swap over the door locks so we wont have to open the car from the passenger side anymore :rolleyes:

Apparently if the woman claims hubby is at fault then it goes to the legal dept who will decide on who is to blame - if they decided hubby is then we lose 2 years no claims bonus which has annoyed the heck out of me as we were supposed to have protected no claims but when we changed cars they didn't add it to the policy even though we had it on the old policy and were just changing cars! Thats a battle we now have to fight with them and its unlikely they'll agree to reinstate it now theres been an accident on the policy *sighs*

I cant see how theres any way they can find hubby "at fault" not given the damage to the other womans car, hubby was barely doing 10mph and was ahead of her having been indicating for several hundred yards as there had been another car on his inside which meant he'd slowed down to let it get clear of him and he was moving into the big gap behind it when she shot forward into the gap deliberately trying to block him from merging left and hit him sideways on, All the damage to our car starts from the passanger side wing mirror and goes forward, the damage to her car starts on the drivers side door and goes back along the full length of her car and her REAR bumper was dangling off - as I see it if hubby had driven into her then her front wing would be damaged not her rear bumper. Apparently this alleged "independant witness" claims to have been behind them - though hubby says he appeared from his car ahead of them and spoke only to the woman at first then came back and was both aggressive and hostile towards hubby, the woman herself barely spoke, she gave her name and address but thats all, she refused to discuss any details. Hubby did call the police as he wanted the woman done for dangerous driving - the police asked if anyone was hurt, and as no one was, refused to attend and said it was an insurance matter. :rolleyes:

Snow your hubby hasn't been a victim of a scam has he. There have been quite a few crashes that have been done on purpose. Hope he's ok as it can really shake you up. :GroupHug:

Griff I would ring your doctors/hospital as that doesn't sound good. :GroupHug:

Glad mummyowl is going home today.

Marge thinking of you :GroupHug: