UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

Hope dopeycat is ok. Has anything happened with the cat you were trying to take in from the house? :GroupHug:

Dopey is sore around top of leg/hip area, no xrays yet they want him to rest and see how it goes as its improved a fair bit since last night. Theres no scuffed claws so unlikely hes been hit by a car so no idea what hes done to it :rolleyes: Hes protesting loudly at his terrible treatment, being shut is is apparently a form of cruelty :rolleyes: :laugh:

The old boy i want is still a possibility. The owners house is now under offer so unless she persuades her landlord to let her keep him in the boyfriends flat he will come here. To be honest i'm surprised hes still alive hes such an ancient skinny thing. So fingers crossed, i might have him soon.

Alex maybe a crate in your room? That's what we do with Scoobs.

Trouble is I'm a light sleeper, so if he turned in the night I'd hear the shuffling and wake up :flowers: I am going to clear stuff out of the little bedroom at the weekend and put him in there, see how that works.

Dopey is sore around top of leg/hip area, no xrays yet they want him to rest and see how it goes as its improved a fair bit since last night. Theres no scuffed claws so unlikely hes been hit by a car so no idea what hes done to it :rolleyes:

Could he have been bitten? Garfy cat occasionally gets a nasty infected bite which I only know about after it swells up cos it's full of puss :sick01: Hope you get the ricket old cat soon, I don't know why they don't just let him come to you now.

Why am I hungry when I've just finished eating? unsure.gif

RMF : I have been learning another DIY skill. Two of my radiators upstairs (including the one in my bedroom) badly needed bleeding cos only the very bottoms of both were warming up. I couldn't bleed them because the bleed valves had become very worn down and I couldn't even open them using some small long nosed pliers which I'd bought. After a bit of Googling I discovered today that the whole piece is screwed into the top of the radiator and would unscrew. It took me a while with the monkey wrench cos it has been painted over several times and hasn't been moved probably for 30 years at least, but I have now managed to bleed both and my radiators are now boiling hot and my bedroom won't be like the Arctic when I go up tonight biggrin.gif

hello all :wavey: I have been battling jet lag and the COLD plus making a total arse of myself online ( never edit your website whilst jet lagged laugh.gif ) plus I have decided stoopidly that yesterday was a good idea to add an online shop to our website which has proved a tad harder than I thought but when I am done I think it will give Amazon a run for its money tongue.gif

Owl I hope Mummy Owl is feeling a little better now flowers.gif

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Why am I hungry when I've just finished eating? unsure.gif

Worms ? laugh.gif

Welcome home Samflowers.gif

Got home from Selkirk yesterday, to find Eddie had been busy over the weekend and had cut down the huge Rowan tree outside the livingroom window, I feel guilty but it had to go, far to many trees casting shade, I'll plant some hawthorn in it's place I think, which should be just as good for the birds.

Had to send back my lovely shoes mecry.gif, they just didn't go with my dress, perfect colour but the style just didn't go, so have another pair being delivered.

Spud got his staples out...what a big poof, he screamed the place down rolleyes.gif.

i am back :biggrin: i am still deaf :rolleyes: hopefully i will be able to hear in the next few days....last time i could hear immediately, sadly not this time,i had a lovely surgeon... we think he was tunisian/turkish something foreign like that, what a nice happy chappy :laugh: nearly got into a fight...one of the other patients was behaving like a child and giving the lovely nurses a hard time :angry: this resulted in security being called to try and get her back to the ward and then after all that the NHS paid for a taxi home for her :angry: thats o.k, treat the staff like crap, be rude and abusive and get a taxi paid for you..... i told her i was going to knock her on her a*se unless she fecked off.

Collies r best, when our cat had to have his leg taken off they found no bite marks or scuffed claws but he had obviously had a bad accident...hope your cat is o.k :flowers:

:GroupHug: spud :GroupHug: i cried when they took my staples out too!

:GroupHug: Dopey cat and Spud.

:wavey: Sam

I hope your hearing returns soon Griff. :liebe94:

Well, it was indeed a long day of training today. It felt very "apprentice" stylee, especially as we were in a boadroom and allocated various tasks to do. :rolleyes:

Edited by houndzrus

Marge - I reckon I get more jaded and cynical about the 'latest training methods' the older I get. We are going through something puke inducing at work all about 'building relationships' and the trainer gets so cross with me as my tongue is stuck firmly in my cheek.

I am cross :angry: I try and use my local shops as much as possible. Tonight I went round and got some milk, tea bags, cheese, lockets and more frickin tissues. I was all coughing and bunged up and gave the girl a £20 note, it wasn't til I walked out I realised that I had only been given change from £10. Rather than be my normal hard done by self I went straight back in and stood my ground. The girl said she had told me she rang in £20 by mistake - me I can't hear feck all. Eventually I got the extra £10 back because I refused to budge and there was a queue building up, but was made to feel such a robbing get and told that if the till is down they'll bar me :ohmy: . I go in there nearly every day for all sorts of bits and pieces and know that I gave her £20 as I took out £40 from the cashpoint earlier and hadn't spent anything. I reckon she had given too much change to someone earlier and thought she could get it back from me :mad:

Marge - I reckon I get more jaded and cynical about the 'latest training methods' the older I get. We are going through something puke inducing at work all about 'building relationships' and the trainer gets so cross with me as my tongue is stuck firmly in my cheek.

Ours was about that too. Thing is, it doesn't really change anything once we're back in the office. Good for you for standing your ground. :flowers:

I'm off to bed,nite all. :flowers:

i hated training days at work :rolleyes: i don't envy anyone that!

chickentikka i do hope a apology will be forth coming next time you go to the shop, it really pees me off when that happens and you end up feeling like a crook for asking for your own cash back :angry:

my little diez is 10 tomorrow :biggrin: can't believe i have had her so long and she has actually made 10!

that happened to me. I was in the refuge, only had £10 to my name,so know what I had. thought id buy myself a cake as a treat, and they treated me like a robber! they gave me my proper change back though when I stood my ground.

hugs to all xxxx

We had a 'team building' course at work. We were split into two teams and the course was over several days.

One team came up with all 'right' answers , much to the delight of the trainers.

However, they gave up half way through with the other team, whose answers did not follow the 'script' and the trainers were stumped. They admitted that they had never had a 'team' like that before and didn't have a way forward.