UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

people with stomach problems, what bland foods do you eat please?

when my tummy is causing problems, I usually end up with plain white fish and rice, or porridge, or mashed potato, or boiled eggs. It might depend on the individual as to what suits their particular needs. I do end up cutting down or out bread and wheat based foods too.

:GroupHug: Snow

The walk today was just what we needed, meeting up with lots of friends and their dogs. the weather was great and much fun was had in the water. (Dogs not humans). I feel a lot more able to cope with the week to come now.

people with stomach problems, what bland foods do you eat please?

Think 'poorly dog' and you'll be on the right track :rolleyes:

Chicken and rice, white fish and rice, bit of pasta, scrambled egg, cottage cheese...........you know the drill :laugh:

Snow - sorry things are all uncertain for you :GroupHug:

I 'know' it's cans and plastics recycling tomorrow, so why have I just spent half an hour stamping down cardboard boxes and packing up paper :rolleyes:

Dex is on a mission to kill me :angry: he's tried to drown me be tripping me up when I was putting down water, push me down the stairs with the washing and gave me a heart attack when he ran out when I was putting out the rubbish - he never does that (it's Fleur's trick). I left the door open and came back in to grab my shoes, coat, Fleur and a lead and we went out to look for him, no sign of him. When me and F came back in she ran straight upstairs followed by the sounds of grr wrestle. Lanky git was on my bed with a chicken carcass he must have nabbed from someones rubbish and brought back in while I was sorting out the search party :angry: but phew :wacko:

Edited to add - he is now lying on the sofa making whinge 'my tummy hurts' noises

Edited by chickentikka

Jazz - my safe foods are rice, tuna and peas. Then after that brown pasta, carrots and celery.

If it is stress causing your problems though (which it is for a lot of people) it might not make much odds what you eat. It's worth thinking of trying smaller meals but more of them during the day. If you think it might be food related - you could try keeping a food diary for a few weeks. Write down what you eat and when and how your digestion is behaving each day.

Hope that you feel better soon :GroupHug:

My ultimate safe food is avocado, gentle on the tummy and easily digested, other then that rice with peas and sweetcorn.

It is so hard when your tummy doesn't want to accept food. I also find that a can of Coke cleans me and settles my tum. I prefer it fizzy, when very poorly have to have it flat!

Mxxx

:GroupHug: to fugees feeling poorly or having a hard time.

We had a Highdown Challenge Show today (agility club show) and Glen was fabbbbbbbie :biggrin:

He got a clear round in pairs - two handlers one dog

4th place in L1 Jumping

3rd place in L1 Steeplechase

and................................

FIRST PLACE!!!! in L1 Agility!!!!!! :partytime: :king_right:

I luffs my gorgeous boy so much :love: Especially as he had a lot of hanging around to do whilst I took photos. :wub:

Well done Sandra and Glen :flowers:

Norty Dex :angry:

and a :GroupHug: for Snow.

Mummy Owl is maybe a little better, was up and dressed and pleased to see me when we popped over today.

I seem to be holding the lurgy at bay, helped by Wispa's cure-all for every ill of body and mind - get out for a few hours in the open air. I don't feel brill, but definitely better than yesterday.

JulesB, glad your mum is home.

Morning :tired:

:GroupHug: to all poorly and/or stressed out Fugees. I'm sorry I don't have any useful advice to add to what's already been said. Just hope you feel better soon :flowers:

I'm shattered. Kiera wouldn't settle last night, took her out 3 times between 1 and 2, to see if she needed to "go". Well, she did "go", but that didn't appear to resolve the matter, she kept pacing. Seeing as I couldn't find anything wrong with her, and figured that it wouldn't help her either if I stayed up all night too, I tried to get back to sleep. She clambered over me 3 times, rearranged the bed for me, laid down and got up again within 5 minutes. When I finally gave up at 5.30, Sparky had joined in as well, thinking that he shouldn't be left out of the excitement. Kiera's now blissfully asleep on the sofa, and Sparks is in bed :angry: Anyone want to take my muppets out clubbing at an all nighter? I give them some money to buy you a drink - or 2! :rolleyes:

Well done Glen! :biggrin:

Glad Mummy owl is better and your lurgy is at bay Owl. :flowers:

Norty Dex and Kiera. I hope Kiera settles down tonight. :flowers:

I hope you have something nice to eat after your blood test Alex. :flowers:

Thanks for the good thoughts for today. I have two visits this morning, so at least I am out of the office till the afternoon.

:GroupHug: for all who require them :GroupHug:

Billy i would go an wake the dogs up :laugh: see how they like it :laugh:

glad dex is home o.k

well done glen :biggrin:

glad owls mum is feeling better...hope your lurgy goes away soon

Marge hope this week isn't too bad for you :flowers:

oooooooo merledogs fasting blood is horrible, hope it is soon time for you to eat :biggrin:

i have to try and call my vet today.... i need him to see laney but i don't know if he will be able to fit him in today :mecry: i have a op tomorrow and i don't know if i will need to be confined to the house for 10 days again like i was last time...... why do these things happen at the most inconvenient time :rolleyes:

I went to bed last night, wasnt worth staying down here as I was quickly back up the stairs anyway lol thank you for the advice, ive got the rice ready for tea xx

the fosters fed up of being stood on by my 2, so she barks at them as they come towards her now lol

DSC00824.jpg

I am feeling a tad like a pin cushion. The nurse who normally takes the blood wasn't in, so they had two other nurses there who had done it a couple of times before, plus a doctor who doesn't usually take blood.

The nurse tried my left arm first and failed, so called the doctor, who tried my right arm and failed and was going to go back for another go until I suggested he tried my hand, which worked eventually after some prodding about with the needle.

They took three lots of blood from my hand and I asked what they were for, to be told:

Liver function test

Kidney function test

Thyroid function test

Glucose levels

Cholesterol test

Full blood count to see if I'm anaemic.

None of these were discussed with me beforehand, so I suppose she must be giving me a thorough MOT :unsure: