UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

well done Sparky and kiera :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: hopefully he won't come back! do you have a bolt on the gate just at the top? i found you could easily open ours at the top so chucked one on the bottom of the gate too and its nice and secure now :biggrin:

i am off to the doctors again..... i am seriously dizzy and being sick :mecry: at least i get my ear fixed again next tuesday :biggrin:

thank you for all your good wishes. I think ive told everyone now, have cryed every time.

I havent put it on facebook, dont know how to word it so I dont get asked too many questions. I know people might think did I try different food, did I try this or that? I tryed the lot, dont want to be defending myself.

lewis is right, if we have another permanent dog, it will be what we know, a GSD, a young girl. I was going to get one when shadow died, but people got me doubting myself, and thinking I should have a small dog.

I know, ill foster the tiniest thing and keep it :laugh:

love and hugs to you all. I have read your posts, but nothings staying in, still in shock. :GroupHug: :flowers: :GroupHug: :flowers:

I'm thinking of Karen and her mum this morning :GroupHug:

Hope you get sorted at the dogs Griff :flowers:

Billy, how scary :ohmy: Sausages all round for the dogs I think :biggrin:

Pah to Mondays I say. We laugh in the face of Mondays. In fact let's go out there and kick Monday's a*rse :fight:

I havent put it on facebook, dont know how to word it so I dont get asked too many questions. I know people might think did I try different food, did I try this or that? I tryed the lot, dont want to be defending myself.

to you all. I have read your posts, but nothings staying in, still in shock. :GroupHug: :flowers: :GroupHug: :flowers:

Whats it got to do with anybody else ?

As most rescues find, for every one person who gets the hard work and dedication with animals like this there are two know it alls. They think that being able to work a pc gives them special knowlege and ability towards things that dont concern them. Untill THEY are faced with an identical situation or actually do something hands on for animal kind , then thier opinion is worth nothing.

Nesty had something seriuosly wrong and you did the right thing.

Ed wasn't too pleased I'd let the moose go in the cellar rolleyes.gif, if I'd been quicker I'd have caught it again and put it in my moose hospital, but it shot off despite it's poor wee legs, I right like wee mooses wub.gif

Morning :wacko:

Had a bit of a scare last night. We were all nicely tucked up in bed, me fast asleep, when all of a sudden Kiera sat straight up in bed and started barking her head off. Sparks of course joined in, and they both jumped off the bed and ran into the kitchen, barking by the kitchen door. I followed, turned the lights on and was just in time to see a bloke stumble as he ran away. The gate was unlocked and I know for sure that I locked it. Slept very well after that, knowing that my guys are keeping an eye and an ear out for any trouble :wub: :wub:

Blimey !!, well done Kiera and Sparks wub.gif

i am off to the doctors again..... i am seriously dizzy and being sick :mecry: at least i get my ear fixed again next tuesday :biggrin:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

thank you for all your good wishes. I think ive told everyone now, have cryed every time.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I don't know why I bothered coming in today, I feel rotten and I'm in a very bad mood :bur2:

Dr Jane prescribes a day of skiving spudniknurse.gif

Spud keeps weeing on his t-shirt , at least his staples are still in.

Eddies away to Oban again boldred.gifboldred.gifand I'm off to Selkirk on Thursday so I won't see him till next Monday cheer.gifcheer.gif

jazz please dont give a stuff about what people say you did the right thing particularly if nesty did have a tumour. having lost a dog to brain tumour myself last year after making the same decision as you i wouldnt hesitate to do the same again

luckily my bullseye lost his sight almost overnight which then led to diagnosis reasonably early (woke up one morning and his eyes were bulging out of their sockets because of the pressure) tho he had been acting a little odd for a few weeks i had put it down to senility

Brain tumour is a very painful and very scary illness for a dog and they cant tell us whats up.

Please take comfort in the fact that you put nestys needs above your own, so many people dont :GroupHug:

I'm feckin fuming - I've just been told that I can only claim my mileage to and from the study centre at 16p a mile, whereas business mileage is 40p a mile. 16p a mile doesn't even cover my petrol.:angry: I may have to have words with my director, cos if they aren't going to cover my mileage, wear and tear, etc then I will have to get a hire car, which will cost them more.

Still fuming and my director is sticking his metaphorical fingers in ears singing "la la la la la" :angry:

I have emailed my union rep to find out what my legal position is.

This is not something which I am undertaking voluntarily, it is a requirement of my job, so I would at least expect them to cover the costs of fuel and wear and tear. If I had known they were going to play silly beggars, I would have booked a course closer to home which would have cost £150 more :mad: Feckers :mad:

i hope they see sense merledogs :angry: we used to have to go on training courses and one of the lads pointed out his car insurance wouldn't cover him for use of his vehicle for work :unsure: so they used to have to give us one of the demonstrator vehicles and a fuel card :laugh:

Jane i hope your little mouse puts in another appearance and you can put him in your hospital :biggrin: laney had one last year and i made my dad drive me to the vet to get him pts....couldn't do it myself :rolleyes:

i have tablets to stop me from being dizzy and sick and reassurance from my Dr that it will all go away after my op :biggrin:

For those following the tale of Tarka the lab:

BillyMalc, you must be very proud of your dogs :biggrin:

Celeste, hope the ickle mouse survived. When you said moose, I did not at first realise it was a moose loose about the hoose, I thought it was a caribou! Well, there are all kinds of unofficial wildlife in Scotland and so much room to run around that they don't get noticed much :laugh:

Morning :wacko:

Big massive :GroupHug: for Jazz: so sorry for the bad time you're having, and lots of good wishes for your mum.

Lots of good wishes for Karen's mum as well :flowers:

Hope your arm is feeling better Andrea! :)

Had a bit of a scare last night. We were all nicely tucked up in bed, me fast asleep, when all of a sudden Kiera sat straight up in bed and started barking her head off. Sparks of course joined in, and they both jumped off the bed and ran into the kitchen, barking by the kitchen door. I followed, turned the lights on and was just in time to see a bloke stumble as he ran away. The gate was unlocked and I know for sure that I locked it. Slept very well after that, knowing that my guys are keeping an eye and an ear out for any trouble :wub: :wub:

Don't want it to be Monday, yesterday was much nicer :(