UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Rumpole, what rotten luck for everyone (except Pickle).

Sticky willie/goosegrass/cleavers/sweethearts is high in iron and minerals and very nutritious for chooks, bunnies, hamsters and humans! For humans, steam or lightly boil first.

Do not confuse with stinking willie, which is pineapple weed and not edible.

Nice day today, we are meeting Wispa's sparring partner later this morning for an hour or so of extreme martial arts.

Today I will be mostly cooking my mincemeat, and peering at my damson chutney which appears to be working to a different set of chutney rules to the ones I know!

Then I will be catching up with RMFs - after I have removed some obscene cobwebs, made a fruit cake, sent thought waves to the ironing mountain telling it to "go iron itself" ................... and from the sounds of it, even higher up the priority list, go see what Tigger is barking at!

The good news for today is that the fox that has been leaving me stinky presents on the front lawn, decided that if I was going to go out pre-armed with bags and nose pegs, he wouldn't actually leave me a present at all.

Today I will be mostly cooking my mincemeat, and peering at my damson chutney which appears to be working to a different set of chutney rules to the ones I know!

Then I will be catching up with RMFs - after I have removed some obscene cobwebs, made a fruit cake, sent thought waves to the ironing mountain telling it to "go iron itself" ................... and from the sounds of it, even higher up the priority list, go see what Tigger is barking at!

The good news for today is that the fox that has been leaving me stinky presents on the front lawn, decided that if I was going to go out pre-armed with bags and nose pegs, he wouldn't actually leave me a present at all.

If the ironing thing works can you send some thoughts to my mountain of stuff please :flowers:

Morning :flowers:

I'm just about to do a mega clearout of all the upstairs bedrooms, due to the fact that I keep losing things, so will clear the clutter and hopefully find all the lost items, including bank books that I put in a "safe place" before my hols and haven't seen since! I had to admit defeat yesterday and get replacements.:blush02:

I am just reading through Cherry's insurance renewal. she is covered "per incident" for (her own) accidental death. I wonder if some people do try and claim more than once? :unsure:

It's been a week for strange and frustrating happenings. The most bizarre of which is this. i used the telephone repeat prescription service for the first time this week and then just missed someone at the door a couple of times in the evening. i thought nothing of it as I was not expecting anyone, then I had a note through the door. it was on a prescription form from the chemist to say they had tried numerous times to deliver my medication, but it was collected in error. Made no sense to me as i have never had home delivery, so off to the chemist I went.

There followed an explanation from the pharmacist on how there is another Margaret Jean simpson living in the next street to me, in a care home. She also had a repeat prescription this week! Her records and mine have been transposed, so she has been waiting for a bagload of stuff, which had been mistakenly put down for me :ohmy: If it wasn't for the home ringing and querying where her medication was, they would have been none the wiser for a while.

The pharmacist has called whoever made the mistake as this was quite serious, so they should be putting it right. having checked my repeat, it does have this other lady's items on it. :mad:

Having googled 'goosegrass', I always thought that was Japanese Knotweed (shows how much I know) :rolleyes: It's a pain in the arse whatever it's called, the dogs fur gets full of the sticky buds and it chokes any other plants in its vicinity. Fairly easy to get rid of though.

RMF : I was musing, during another lovely relaxed walk this morning, how much easier life is now that Taffy and Beau are trained to ignore the cows. Taffy also used to chase cyclists and joggers given half a chance, but he's not doing that any more either, nor is he barking madly at every motorbike we pass when in the car. All that I did was to teach him a good solid 'LEAVE' and it's covered all sorts of eventualities. Means I don't get stressed trying to avoid the cows and joggers/cyclists and having to put him on lead whenever we're near them. I can just pootle along now with all my boys, having a nice relaxing walk, which has now become enjoyable again, after having been a chore for years. I just wish I'd done it years ago. I do luffs my boys, they are all such good babies :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Am really pleased the weather stayed nice while we were out, it's absolutely belting it down now.

Bluddy hell Marge, that's not on - it could have potentially fatal consequences :ohmy:

thankyou all for letting me know that stinky willy is actually goose grass..... we used to call it sticky bob grass too as kids :wacko: my friends dog eats it...she finds a patch and shes off :laugh:

i have an ironing mountain too.... i have been putting it off and putting it off but this week i will deffo have to crack on.

Mereldogs..glad your walks are much more enjoyable :flowers:

Houndzrus... lucky somebody realised, hope it all gets soted out and whoever cocked up never makes the mistake again!

I am at the airport waiting to board my plane ,

Slightly unusual journey so far as the fixings on my bra set off a lot of alarms at the security check point which resulted in a lot of security people rushing over to to me and me having to stand very still with my hands out to my side whilst I was frisked , then given a very through patting down and when that was not enough they got a handheld scanner thingy to scan me bits ! . The person doing it was very apologetic especially at the prodding but I say they can't be careful enough and I am gald she was doing her job that well

and by god it gave everyone else something to look at laugh.gif

There are occasionally days when I should be removed from the kitchen - however it appears that this is a weekend of days!

So far, I hae endeavoured to removed damson stones from damson chutney half way through cooking - as per recipe - not recommended owing to the fact that they tend to look purple, and are very difficult to find. Then it said "cook for an hour" (actually, it didn't even say that, I kind of surmised it)- three hours later I still wasn't convinced - but now it's made 4lbs instead of 6. Hmm. Now I have managed to cook my fruit cake at Mark 1, instead of 3 reducing to 2, and my mincemeat at 3 reducing to 2 instead of 1. Maybe I would be safer with the iron this afternoon!

Off to cook one piece of toast!

thankyou all for letting me know that stinky willy is actually goose grass..... we used to call it sticky bob grass too as kids :wacko: my friends dog eats it...she finds a patch and shes off :laugh:

i have an ironing mountain too.... i have been putting it off and putting it off but this week i will deffo have to crack on.

Mereldogs..glad your walks are much more enjoyable :flowers:

Houndzrus... lucky somebody realised, hope it all gets soted out and whoever cocked up never makes the mistake again!

I just googled stinky willy... I realised the error when the urban dictionary said it should only be used to define very small willies...I'm now back on track with sticky willy!!!

:lol:

I just googled stinky willy... I realised the error when the urban dictionary said it should only be used to define very small willies...I'm now back on track with sticky willy!!!

:lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sorry my mistake :flowers: :flowers:

well i know know that sticky willy is goose grass and stinky willy is a tiny todger :laugh: :laugh:

RMF i have had a email of my 2nd cousin who i haven't seen or spoken to since we were kids..... he has sent me pictures of his lovely little french bulldog after his mum showed him my 2 in their PJ's, he also sent piccies of himself, his girlfriend and their cat... was a nice surprise :biggrin:

• Like 1