UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

I've been to Wilkinsons and Aldi. I spent too much money but I have bought loads of stuff:

4 of these recycling bins (one big and one small in slate grey for dog/cat food, two small green ones for recycling cos currently it gets collected in carrier bags which look untidy).

I also bought other bits and pieces, then I went to Aldi to get some of this facial serum. The serum was a bargainous £3.49 and I bought the matching day cream and night cream, which were £1.99 each. I also bought some stable boots for dogwalking for £12.99, but they are slightly too small on my left foot (I only tried the right one on in the shop) :rolleyes: so now I have to decide whether to take them back or hope that they will wear in a bit or I will be left with boots I can't wear.

Any tips for wearing in wellies which are slightly too small? They are fab for the price so I'd rather keep them (they didn't have anything larger than a 5 in stock, and I got the last pair of those).

Edited by merledogs

ace David Ryan seminars, some differences of opinion but what's new! And finally met the utterly lovely Kelly-Khanu and Khanu himself :wub:

Was great to finally meet you too! I'm in awe of the heels you can walk in too......

By the way I've been thinking about the non-reward marking and keep going thing. I'm wondering whether he finds it useful because he isn't a clicker trainer? I find that the absence of the click is enough feedback when I'm teaching something new, and so don't feel the need for a NRM or keep going signal. However he said that he isn't good with the clicker and doesn't use it, so maybe if your feedback isn't as precise as with the clicker giving extra feedback is useful? Is it that most owners just don't give feedback unless its of the "stop it" variety and he has found that to get them to give the postive feedback he has to allow them to have something for the negative? To get them on board and compliant?

I've also been thinking that maybe I do use an NRM of sorts - not when training particularly (as in clicker sessions, teaching new behaviour etc) but in general everyday, I do use "ah" as an interrupter of sorts, meaning whatever it is you are doing, stop it and look at me and be redirected (if you see what I mean) . Not quite the same as an NRM but not a million miles away either I guess.

I'm still not convinced that a watch me behaviour is ideal for fear aggression, but can see it being better for frustration. But my ideal is for a relaxed walk past the scary thing, I don't want to keep stopping and doing a watch me really, I'm happy for a dog to do a relaxed watch of whatever it is - as long as it really is a relaxed watch and not a freaked out stare! Maybe though a sit and watch me is an easier behaviour for most owners to get, would the majority of owners be able to recognise the relaxation you would want? - is it easier to get it in a sit and watch by default? Dunno.....

I've been to Wilkinsons and Aldi. I spent too much money but I have bought loads of stuff:

4 of these recycling bins (one big and one small in slate grey for dog/cat food, two small green ones for recycling cos currently it gets collected in carrier bags which look untidy).

I also bought other bits and pieces, then I went to Aldi to get some of this facial serum. The serum was a bargainous £3.49 and I bought the matching day cream and night cream, which were £1.99 each. I also bought some stable boots for dogwalking for £12.99, but they are slightly too small on my left foot (I only tried the right one on in the shop) :rolleyes: so now I have to decide whether to take them back or hope that they will wear in a bit or I will be left with boots I can't wear.

Any tips for wearing in wellies which are slightly too small? They are fab for the price so I'd rather keep them (they didn't have anything larger than a 5 in stock, and I got the last pair of those).

Stuff the boot with newspaper untill its slightly mishapen and leave in warm place.

remove paper befor wearing :biggrin:

2 things, all knowing fugees ...

is it right that a staffys nose is black and a pit bulls is brown?

no staffies can have black, brown, pink (dudley) or red noses and pit bulls have black, pink, brown or red noses too, both breeds are of basically the same breeding so share characteristics.

edited to add the dudley nose is a fault

Was great to finally meet you too! I'm in awe of the heels you can walk in too......

Replied in a T&B thread to save RMF :laugh:

Not random or mundane, but have just heard a staffie I was working with has been put to sleep. Owner felt she couldn't/wouldn't cope or be able to work through his issues, and rescue has made what I think was the only decision they could. At least he is now free of fear and anxiety, but I really do feel for the little dog :mecry:

I have been dis-mantling my Bissell carpet cleaner as it decided not to suck angry.gif, think I've sorted it but it took all bloody day !

Now waiting on Ian from the garage dropping of my car, and giving him a lift back along the road, he's a nice lad but not big on conversation.

The black cloud has been hanging over me for a little while. When it happens I tend to go quiet, and think negatively about the world. Today I gave myself a kick, and went and got back in contact with some old friends, and chatted with some neighbours. I now have a bowlful of homegrown tomatoes, a contact for a recommendation for a place that sells carpet cheaply - which I need, and lunch plans for friday, and next tuesday. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at how nice people really are.

• Like 2

Glad you are feeling more positive Beady :flowers:

I would just like to say a big HA! and another HA! Saw my Dr today what an incredible contrast to my appointment with the nurse 2 weeks ago. In response to me saying I'd taken myself off the blood pressure pills because of side effects he said "thats perfectly natural I would do the same" moreover he's quite happy with my blood pressure and said it's high normal but given I was in the Dr's and feeling stressed after last time thats only to be expected :biggrin: moreover HE doesn't feel I need to be on blood pressure pills :biggrin: and what we've agreed is that at some point when it suits ME I can arrange to have a 24 hour BP monitor and if the results of that show my levels remaining high normal then he and I will both be perfectly happy and we can stop bothering to test my BP for 12 months :biggrin: if on the other hand it is a bit high then at least I'll know that maybe it's time to do something but that doesn't have to mean pills! Yippee. As for being fat - he said was I happy? I said yes, he said did I feel fit and healthy? I said yup, he said so whats the problem then? :biggrin: same for my smoking he said do you wanna quit? I said nope, he said fairy nuff come see me if and when you do :biggrin: I luffs my Dr :biggrin: He's also referred me back to the eye hospital to talk to them about my cataract just booked online and have an appointment for Dec :biggrin: