UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

House Move 1St Oct

owl

I have been very concerned that neither my sister nor I are in easy reach of my mum who is 90 and has some health problems. My sis is nearer but still working, so it seems a good idea for me to move. It also seems a good idea for me to leave a very damp house as stingy landlords have done nothing about a bad leak on the chimney. I got a very low estimate for them from a local builder, but they said they would get some estimates of their own. This is now 10 weeks ago and they have done nothing. The damp has now given me a bad chest so we are all buzzing off to Derbyshire where I have been lucky enough to get a rental on a small house belonging to friends of friends.

It is at Hundall which means Dog Hill :laugh: a village north of Chesterfield. Very high up with a great view and with a large wood close by which is open to walkers.

1/4 acre of garden too including productive but overgrown orchard, a bus stop by the gate, double glazing and town gas central heating as well as an open fire. There are neighbours either side but not near enough to be bothered by barking, and the house stands well back from the road which has very little traffic. I only have it for 3 years, but that will do nicely for now.

I have some pics which Mrs Mop is going to post for me later. It's hard to get a decent view of the place as there are privet hedges which have run riot.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be about fifteen minutes walk through the woods from where my daughter lives then! Nice pub in Hundall, they do good food(Miners Arms.) There are..or used to be..badger setts in the woods, with a local badger conservation group keeping a careful eye on them. I used to live close by, but now live the other side of Chesterfield. Good market in Chezzy on Mondays Fridays and Saturdays! :biggrin:

Owl!!! You're only going to be about 30 miles from me!!! All minor roads so it takes nearly an hour to get there but it's close enough that I may finally get to meet you! And maybe this is also my chance to finally Mrs Mop in her caravan.

Good luck with the move. Do let me know if you want any help with anything. I've got loads of hedge clippers saw things if you want to tackle that overgrown orchard.

Diane

Thank you everyone. Diane, I may well take you up on the offer of weaponry to attack the orchard with. The trees are very productive but have become so interlaced that they are trying to graft themselves together into some kind of giant fruit salad.

I have now sent the pics through to Mrs Mop who is doubtless having 2nd and 3rd thoughts about bringing her caravan over :D